1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Burns getting first team reps

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Dec 12, 2018.

1. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    That's why I said only non corner. I saw a few corners give gronk trouble.

2. FeedTheMachineFTM

FeedTheMachineFTM Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
  3. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Would employ all dbs and lbs to get physical at the line of scrimmage. Ne likes to utilize short routes and quick throws. Jam and chip everyone. Send an occasional inside lb blitz but wont do it often and even will call some nanos. Have to keep brady off his spots and uncomfortable. Have to scheme some man and zone. Would bracket gronk and Edelman. Let Haden shadow gordon he knows his tendencies as the played on the same team but not all game I would like him to split some time on edelman as well as gronk. I would put Edmund's on gronk for the most part and have burnett shadow over the top. Let burns cover hogan. I dont see hogan as much of a threat. From time to time I would have Dupree and watt play the flats hard. Especially on whatever side white lines up on. Also have to be careful with going to dime packages as they do have a running game with either white or sony michel. Would never let under no circumstances any of our lbs single cover white. It would always be a rolling coverage to him. Davis would mostly be playing center field in majority of the looks.

• Like Like x 2
  4. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    So last year, they held James Harrison in reserve to unleash during crunch time.

This year, the fresh, new and improved Artie Burns is the stealth secret weapon.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  5. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Maybe burn sitting for awhile has helped him a little bit? Hope so.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  6. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    We are doomed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Burns is going to play because he has the size and speed to play some man coverage, Coty is more of a zone CB. They should play all their CBs in this matchup.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Well done I can't argue with any of this and I will say that first part is 100% true. They haven't been physical with any receivers or TE's at the line especially the last three games and at the LOS and in the red zone and they have paid for it. Make the Pats fight to get through, throw off the timing.

9. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Wish we would have been hostages the last three weeks. At least we would have been blind folded.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. nafsreleets43

nafsreleets43 Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Desperation move.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Just to put some upside to this maybe Burns see's this as a fresh start and play's his ass off, or at least that's what I hope he does.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    I hope it helps for this play and that play, can only hope now dammit

13. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    We're losing 57-40 now

14. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    We will be lucky to see 30 points out of the Steelers, 55-20 & Marsha will realize that getting to the AFC championship is still a cakewalk & will be back next year.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Artie Burns redemption game, he gets a int off of Brady :steelflag:.

• Like Like x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  16. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    And if it somehow works, do it again and again and again. Last win against the Pats Dick played aggressive man to man and it worked pretty damn good... Same game plan would've beat the pack in the bowl previously.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Pick six?

18. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Yup, I think this is it.

Stick Artie on Gordon all game as I think he’d match up best with him. Gordon seems more of a pyhsical guy than a technician and I don’t see him pull off the slick moves that an Edelman (stick Haden on him) or Hogan would do.

“Artie, you go wherever Gordon goes” should be simple enough.

19. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    If Artie Burns starts, the Steelers will defiantly get blown out Sunday.

20. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    It’s all part of the same plan - next step is release Burns, get him on the Pats and ruin their secondary.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I would tell Watt that if he gets a clear shot not to be concerned at all about the 15 yards and the penalty.

• Like Like x 2
  22. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    This isn't going to be good and I really hope I'm wrong. What I see here is desperation from Tomlin, not grand scheme or preparing a game plan, simple desperation. I got roasted for telling folks the truth about Artie Burns at the end of his rookie season, and that truth was he just isn't good enough at this level. He is a long stride runner that is stiff in the hips and isn't shifty enough to change direction quickly.

Also being a long stride runner means it takes him a long time to get up to speed and it is why he bites so bad on double moves, he tries to guess routes to make up for the lack of quickness and before we bring up his 40 speed remember, quick and fast are very different things.

It isn't his fault he was drafted way to high, my issue with him was he was acting pretty cocky for a guy that really wasn't very good and when he got exposed he still stayed cocky which told me he has confidence, he just isn't good enough at this level. Sitting isn't going to "light a fire under him" or anything like that, what I suspect will happen is he will play off and allow 10 - 20 yard intermediate catches easily to keep from getting beat deep so he will give up dig routes.

So I expect to see 3rd and longs, if there are any, to be converted with ease, the only hope is we can pressure with 4 players. Edmunds covering Gronk is going to be as bad as, or worse than what we saw with Davis on him, he doesn't have ball skills in which he can run with a player and look for the ball so he will get the PIs called should he defend a pass as it will be face guarding. Unfortunately I saw that enough times from him that makes me think he lacks the ability to play the ball in coverage and again, it isn't his fault he was drafted way higher than he should have been.

23. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I don't know how defiant they will be but definitely they will get blown out. :)

• Like Like x 1