1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Burns Fined

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by CanadianSteel, Dec 14, 2017.

1. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
  2. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    smh.gif

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I was yelling at him during the game. Surprised he didnt get flagged for that.

Maybe the fine will help him to keep his helmet on next time. Our players need to stop being stupid.

Thought the PI was ticky tacky but still, dont compound it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Just a simple case of a young player letting his frustrations get the best of him....... he really played a very good game, but the refs insinuated themselves in the process and had no business there

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't understand the helmet rule. Are players more dangerous with their helmet off?

I understand it's a rule and he shouldn't have done it. Is there a context where it's okay versus not okay? But the fact that it's even a rule is baffling. If memory serves me correctly, the rule came to be back in the 90's. I remember Brett Favre taking his off and quick putting it back on so he wouldn't get a penalty.

6. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Just goes to show you how stupid some players are. Everybody knows that's a penalty. Your right the call was ticky tacky, but common how stupid it was to take your helmet off on the field. He should of had another penalty tacked on for that stupid move.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    IIRC, it became a rule because players were taking it off to celebrate plays and they didnt like that. Maybe it falls under unsportsmanlike for them.

8. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    if the helmet is knocked off during the course of play it's okay, but you can't take off on the field of play or it's a penalty. I believe the reason for it is they don't want players to take it off every-time they get angry with opposing players or dislike a call.

9. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Sorry Blast you were faster on the response.

10. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016

Emmitt Smith Rule
    In 1997, the NFL enacted Player Conduct Rule 12, Section 3, Article 1, which prohibits a player from removing his helmet while on the field. The rule was informally named after Smith, the Hall of Fame running back who had a habit of removing his helmet to celebrate touchdowns—including after the TD he scored on his first carry of the 1995 season. “I had just come off a serious injury, and all I read about was how I supposedly had lost a step, that I was on the down side of my career,” Smith told the Dallas Morning News. “I went 60 yards on my first carry and my hamstring didn’t pull. I was excited.”

11. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I think it also had to do with sportsmanship/taunting, trying to take the 'me' out of a team sport.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I thought he played well too. That was one of the worst calls I've ever seen. Incidental contact and an uncatchable ball twenty yards overthrown and they still called PI.

13. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Remember when a Browns player took off his helmet and cost his team the win?