1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Burfict

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by TheSteelHurtin2188, Apr 25, 2012.

1. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    If he is there in the 7th which he should be since he didnt even meet with an nfl team i think the steelers should roll the dice on him. Think about he is a seventh round pick if he doesn't work i well no big lose but if he shows what he did in college it would be one of the biggest steals in draft history. If we take hightower and him we will have got two good lbers for a very long time. I woulfnt even be against using a sixth rounder on him. I know dude can be a head case but who knows maybe tomlin could get through to him.

2. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    My betting is that if we want Burflict, then we'll have to go fifth round at the latest. Someone is going to take a flyer on him, and I doubt very much that hemakes it to our 6th round pick.
    And I agree, if he's there in the 7th we should take him, even if we take Hightower in 1. The more the merrier, and if he does pan out than we'll have an ILB as trade bait in a couple of years.

3. SteelByDesign

SteelByDesign Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Agreed. I think if he's there in the 6th we take a shot on him. I think if nothing else he'd could be a great special teamer.

4. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    I think he will be there i mean not even called by a team wow this dude was supposed to be a top ten pick

5. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Definitely worth a late round flyer if for nothing else than the proverbial chip on his shoulder at being passed over

Hack

6. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Just read he may have failed drug test at combine.....only reason to take him in 7 is to keep from having to bid for him as an udfa

Hack

7. SteelByDesign

Oct 20, 2011
  8. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
  9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Also known as the 1st stage pre-draft intelligence screening test. What a dunce. I'd still take him in the 7th though. No real harm there.

10. SteelByDesign

Oct 20, 2011
    I guess you're right especially since we have so many 7th rounders... but my god.

I read an article about him in ESPN magazine that made him out to not be as bad as some have said. They talked about how he improved at his pro day and was starting to get it together... Who knows. Maybe Harrison and Woodley could straighten him out.