1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bud Dupree

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TheSteelHurtin2188, Oct 23, 2017.

1. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    so apparently his shoulder is just now healthy. From what I read he has been taking a bunch of pain killers just to play. Says he couldn’t even lift his arm sometimes. Sacks in two straight and hopefully it keeps rolling.

2. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    I hope this is truly what's been holding him back, but we'll see. He, and the rest of the D, had a good day yesterday after a somewhat shaky start.

His shoulder has nothing to do with jumping in the wrong gap though. He sometimes tries to do too much, and gets himself in trouble

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Just rush the qb

4. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    If his shoulder was as bad as they were saying just rushing the QB is extremely difficult for an OLB. Virtually impossible to use a rip or swim with one arm.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    On some of those plays he looked like he was shot out of a cannon. I hope to see more of this.

It is crazy how the Steelers have completely revamped both their secondary and pass rush while never falling out of contention. Several years ago we seemed to have no good dbs and no real rush options. Now we seem to have plenty of both.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
  6. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think our secondary and LB's are helped tremendously by our DL.
    If we can stay healthy and rotate DLinemen to keep them fresh and aggressive and not read and react.
    this makes a huge difference how defense is played on the back end.

7. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    yep!! I had used this exact same expression on Sunday!

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Dupree is turning up his play. Good to see. The defense has been the linchpin sans a few set backs and will only get better. Years of complaints about this Defense have now done a 180 and now we are focusing on the drama filled Offense. The Defense is inching close to the dominate force this team needs. I like it, I like it a lot...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    He is a monster, his speed to weight ratio is tremendous. His shoulder has been an issue but he seems to be turning it up. I noticed that him and Watt switched sides for a few plays. Not dissing Williams, but I’d love to have Timmons as an option right now, his experience would be an asset. Also look forward to Cam Sutton coming off the IR after week 8.

10. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    Alualu was a hell of a pick up!!

• Agree Agree x 6
  11. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    Lord no. Williams is playing well and causing a ton of pressure. Seems no RB can stop his bullrush.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    I agree that Vince is playing well, Timmons brings a lot of experience. When we get busted for long runs, they seem to be up the middle. When I say I’d like to have him as an option, we need depth in the middle.

13. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    We gave up huge runs last year with Timmons on the field. He’s too slow for what we do on defense now.

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. We need a change

Oct 9, 2017
    He’s certainly not slower than James, he is the kind of guy that can come in and make big plays just like he did last year. Hs won’t be back, but I can appreciate his efforts and abilities

15. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    Two different positions. He’s probably faster than Big Dan also. Timmons would be a hinderance to this defense. It’s time to move on. It’s like Polamalu all over again.

16. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I hadn't heard about Dupree's shoulder injury until someone posted it on here earlier, but I hope that is the case for his pass rush woes. Because for most of the season, I usually see him about 5 yards deeper than the QB on his rushes. Was it his left or right shoulder? Loved his sack on that stunt in the Cincy game but I am in a wait and see mode with him tbh.

I'm definitely going to watch him every play this Sunday nite vs Detroit and see how he does. I've been really focusing on Watt when I can.

17. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    It seems like Buds only real issue is over pursuit. That is something he can and, I believe, will fix. That is a pretty good problem to have when you think about it. Guy is a monster.

18. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    hope its not just for Halloween. :smiley1:

i think bud has the skills, but the injuries have set him back. he's not just missed games but also a lot of practice with them. lots of guys need those reps to improve and it's showing. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I agree, and I think he does especially seeing as he was such a raw talent coming out of college. I'm a huge fan of raw talent types, but they can't afford to miss any opportunity they have to learn!

20. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Looks like the coaches are adjusting for it... I noticed he had some stunts to the inside 2 or 3 times that he was really effective on.

• Like Like x 1
  21. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Over pursuit and losing contain at times on his side with the run. Very fixable still has a way to go to hit his ceiling and that's A GOOD THING!

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Dupree is really turning it up now, my only knock on him is his lack of wrapping up. I hope he is now healthy and the injury was why he wasn't wrapping well cause he is a force for us.

23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    During the game, I said to the guy next to me “Look, a Bud sighting”.