1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bud Dupree admits Steelers underestimated 'intelligence' of Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by LoneGranger, Sep 18, 2018.

1. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Bud Dupree admits Steelers underestimated 'intelligence' of Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes
    https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...igence-of-chiefs-quarterback-patrick-mahomes/

Those who live in glasses houses etc., etc., etc. Alvin (Dud) Dupree's Wonderlic score per the NFL was 13. A Wonderlic score of 20-21 is considered to be commensurate with an IQ of 100. The average IQ in the USA is considered to be 98. By the way Patrick Mahomes' Wonderlic Score is 24. I believe Ben's score is 25. T.J. Watt's score is 29. I suspect most of Steelers' DBs scored below 20.;) I love this factoid. While an average football player usually scores around 20 points, The Wonderlic, Inc claims a score of 10 points suggests a person is literate. I guess this means they can read. But at what grade level. :smiley1: There has been only one perfect score by Pat McInally.

https://nflcombineresults.com/2015-defensive-wonderlic-scores/

2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    When Bud alluded to the "intelligence" of Pat, he meant the football IQ aspect of it.

Be that as it may, I SEVERLY underestimated Bud's inability to consistently generate pressure on the quarterback.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Well what would you expect from a player who plays for a coach who thinks he's smarter than everyone else

4. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Nor surprised . We underestimated Jax, twice . We underestimate every subpar QB we gave and every mediocre team we play.

This is nothing new with this team

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Underestimating opponents seems to be one of this team's strengths.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. TenaciousD

TenaciousD Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2017
    The Steelers underestimated Bud's inability to play football when they drafted him in the first round.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Yep... 5th round talent at best.

8. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    According to linebacker Bud Dupree, the Steelers thought they could trick a second-year quarterback who was making his third-ever start in the NFL. They were wrong.

"I don't think we gave him enough credit. I think he was better than we thought," Dupree said, per ESPN's Jeremy Fowler. "I feel like his intelligence was better than we thought. We thought since he was a young quarterback we could trick him, but he kind of spread us out. He didn't snap the ball fast so he was really trying to read us, seeing where the weaknesses were before he snapped the ball. Many young quarterbacks can't really check like that. He showed us otherwise."

They thought a very inexperienced QB could be suckered into mistakes, as very inexperienced QB’s routinely are. Mahomes proved himself an exception.

That’s not insulting anyone’s intelligence. Nothing to see here.

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. SteelerinKC

SteelerinKC Well-Known Member

Sep 23, 2016
    This guy makes Vince Young sound like Albert Einstein.

[​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. TenaciousD

TenaciousD Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2017
    I don't think it took many IQ points for Mahomes to stare down his first option and throw to ball to him as he easily pulled away from whatever pathetic defender we had trying to cover him.

• Agree Agree x 5
  11. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    He's insulting ours....when was the last time this D suckered any QB into anything. How hard can it be when this D is notoriously predictable. It's been claimed by QBs for years and years I can't recall one of the last guys to say it. It may have been Carson Palmer or I'm thinking another former Raider for some reason. Did you read the article from SD today....nothing's changed. Why did it take the whole game to figure out " hey this guys kinda good" was it at halftime when he already thrown 3 TDs? I just know we're gonna make the proper adjustments at half time there's no way he's gonna do that to us again ....except for the fact...he did

12. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    It's always something. How about no matter what you show up 100% ready to go

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    What! How dare you suggest such a outrageous idea......blasphemy!

Told you guys all off session Dupree talks too much and is full of excuses...

14. LoneGranger

May 5, 2016
    Excuses, excuses, excuses. Alvin isn't the brightest bulb in the packet.

15. LoneGranger

May 5, 2016
    My but we are generous today! :hehehe::rolleyes:

16. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    THESE ARE THE REASONS OUR DEFENSE AND BUTLER SUCK. What kind of dumbass answer is this?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm sure Mahomes was laughing when he watched film on our defense in preparation. Probably said, just have to watch out for Watt. Don't have to really worry about that other side very much.

18. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I'm surprised the film study of our D would be very beneficial. Even our guys don't know what defense to play.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    They should have adjusted at halftime when it became obvious they weren't having him take snaps under center and they weren't keeping a rb in for blitz pick up. So put everyone at the line, overload blitz on one side and force a hurried throw to the hot route and jam thosession guys on the opposite side. Make them fight for the ball. Nope sit back in soft zone and barely rush 5 and let this kid make practice squad throws for completions

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Steelers fault...The Dude has sucked for FOUR years...Why on Gods green earth would you pick up his 5th year option?

I'll answer my own question...This defense is SO pathetic that DuPree was still the best option they had!

21. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    They look like they do that thing where you put your forehead on a bat and they spin around 10 times and then try to play defense...

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  22. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Harrison would still be a better option at this time....

• Agree Agree x 4
  23. BlueSteel

BlueSteel Well-Known Member

Jan 15, 2016
  24. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    This coming from a guy who couldn't put together a 2 piece puzzle of Mickey Mouse

25. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Correct me if I'm wrong because I'm not on any social media platforms...isn't it as simple as just pressing a button to block someone making comments? Wouldn't that have been the easier,mature and smart thing to do....these guys are complete morons.