1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Buccos

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by TheSteelHurtin2188, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Not surprised youd find hypocrisy when there is none to be found but yet defend a punk move, they're your team though, so not unexpected. Why would I have a problem with players celebrating on the field? Thats not what Baustita was doing though, it was however typical of todays "me" generation. I find it absurd that you think that HR was some spectacular feat that stands nearly alone, Ive seen dozens of big HRs in big spots, many by my own team. And yet I never saw Paul O'Neill, who is one of the most emotional players to ever play the game do it nor Scott Brosious, Tino Martinez, Jeter, Posada nor Bernie do it, no, they celebrated while circling the bases like nearly everyone else. Guess Baustita thinks he is special.

Have no idea what my preference for players not giving canned answers has to do with anything, unless you think AB was being a punk with his comments, which youd be standing nearly alone in that assertion. Not giving canned answers and saying something egregious are two different things.

I thought it was pathetic, most everyone outside of the Bluejays and their fans think so too.

2. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It's absolutely hypocritical. Brown is an absolute show boat on the field and has been flagged for it before, yet when a non-Steeler show boats a little (which is not even what he was doing), it's the end of the world. He flipped a bat, nothing more. He is a very emotional player, always has been. That's who he is. It's not show boating or selfish in any way. He was excited and never even thought about hat he did, it was just a reaction.
    This person said it better than I can anyway
    http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/10/jose-bautistas-bat-flip-was-amazing-and-should-be-celebrated

3. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I dont like when Brown showboats, didnt like when he ran backwards into the endzone, I dont even like when Bell does his silly pointing first down. So stop trying to make this personal. I dont like what Baustita did, so what.

4. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    How on earth am I making it personal? I don't care if you don't like Bautista or what he did, but last I checked, this is a message forum. Discussion is going to happen, that's the whole point. You posted you didn't like what he did, i replied and defended him, yet somehow I'm making it personal? Ok then...

5. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Basically calling me a hypocrite. Whatever Shaner, you acted like I attacked your brother.

6. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    And you've never defended Steelers players like that? Of course you have, we all have. Bautista is one of my favourite players on my favourite ball team, of course I'm going to defend him. My team hasn't been in the playoffs for 20+ years, so yeah, I'm pretty pumped up. Bautista isn't a punk, he's just a very emotional guy who always plays like that. It may rub people the wrong way, but he's no punk. It's pure emotion.

7. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I actually never called him a punk. I don't follow him enough to know one way or the other to form that opinion. I havent been following baseball as closely as I once did.

I said what he did was a punk move. Actually I think alot of players are trying overly hard to be pumped up, the primal screams that everyone seems to be doing, seems over the top, even rehearsed.