1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Buccos

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by TheSteelHurtin2188, Aug 27, 2015.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Yea nail biters all the way! This and the steelers win so awesome!

2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I know man. I was so mad when they got on with 2 outs and the tying run coming to the plate. My wife was like "WHAT?!" and I said "As a Cubs fan we can't just be treated to a game where we don't have to pull our hair out but they always have to elevate the drama unnecessarily!" Then he struck him out and I just starting hooping and hollering! LOL! That hoop and holler had been pinned in there for a long time!

3. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    WTF Grow up and quit acting like a 12 year old.

4. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Out of curiosity, I know you're not rooting for the Cubbies but where do you see them finishing? You think we make the World Series and lose or never get out of the NLCS?

5. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Lol tell me about it

6. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    I would be a bad person to ask. I don't follow baseball that close. I just follow the Pirates because I'm from Pittsburgh originally and grew up following them. I lost $300.00 on them not winning the world series but that was just a spur of the moment bet so if that is the worse thing that happens this week I will be pretty happy. I think your Cubs have as good a chance as anyone to win the series. Depending on the odds I might bet them and become a short term fan. I don't worry about a small bet like that. I do care about my weekly bets on football because that is what I want to win so I can send a sizeable check to Best Friends Shelter in Utah at the end of the season. Last few years its been between $2,000.00 and $3,000.00 but last year was great and the check was for $10,000.00. My goal this year is $7,500.00 and I'm only around $2,500.00 now. Guess I better get busy. We are similar in one respect, you take care of your flock, and I try to do a little bit to help the animals. Maybe that is because you like people more than animals and I like animals more than people. Good luck with your Cubs.

7. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    That's admirable that you love animals. I actually really like animals too. My littler boy is a major animal lover. He can't wait to go to the zoo every time. I really would probably rather play the Mets but I'd like for the Dodgers to win tonight and extend the series to give us a little more rest. I also hope Arrieta finds that zone he was in again and that Game 3 was just an anomaly. I say if we steal an away game we have a tremendous chance of going all the way. We just have some hot bats all over the dugout and guys hitting with authority. I don't know if you saw it but man that shot from Schwarber tonight was an instant classic. That's the second homer he has sent out of the park this postseason. I can not believe how powerful that kid is.

8. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Thanks I feel like a douche lol

9. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Cards are cards and ace killers. Jake will be fine

10. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    WS ;):clapping:

11. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I wish but I have to continue to believe we're gonna lose. LOL!

12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Normally Id agree with you but Theo knows what he is doing. Stuck a dagger in my heart when he built the Redsox into a WS powerhouse. The little son of a ***** :lolol:

And they have a good coach now too, knows how to reach kids.

I think this is their year. :wizard:

13. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Well I just keep telling myself that the "other shoe is gonna drop" because that's how it feels to be a Cubs fan. What's crazy is I was telling someone today that I absolutely despise the Clowns with all my heart but in this really weird way I can identify with their fans just based on the fact that I like the Cubs. You know that every time the clowns look like they have finally turned the corner reality comes along in a horrible fashion to bring them back to earth. That seems to be what happens to Cubs fans. We got Kerry Wood and I thought he was gonna be an absolute superstar and then he can't stay healthy. It's like Charlie Brown always getting the football in front of him or something. Just a totally paranoid fanbase. Did you know that they refuse to move Schwarber's monster home run ball from off the top of the scoreboard because they're afraid of jinxing this whole run? THAT is a franchise that is completely traumatized! Regardless though they have finally made baseball fun again and they're fun to watch.

14. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    You do know your Cubs are the favorite to win the series don't you. They are 2-1 to win it all.

15. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    You beat the best team in baseball last week in the wildcard game, BFT. I told you they'd get by the cards. Next stop: World Series. Don't know about cubbies, but bucs were like 12-1 versus Mets/Dodgers, so you have nothing to worry about in the NL. Congrats to you and hotness.

16. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I didn't know that. I actually seen a dude on ESPN pick them and he literally got laughed at! I don't gamble so I never know about the odds of things. I hope those people get it right though!

17. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I think we blanked the Mets this year totally. Apparently they've found the stroke here lately though. They put up 13 on the Dodgers the other day. I really hope the Cubbies can do it. Man it would be great to see them win the Series. I mean it would literally be witnessing a historic moment. I know people that aren't Cubs fans that are pulling for the Cubs just because of how neat it would be to see them win it. Also it would be great to see the World Series at Wrigley. That would be special in and of itself.

18. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm not a Cubs fan but I am a baseball fan, so I hope the Cubs meet my Jays in the World Series. It would certainly be special. Of course the Jays will win.

19. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Dude that 7th inning was CRAZY yesterday!

20. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    Craziest game I've ever seen. Not just that, but I was there at the game. It was nuts. That stadium was rocking

21. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Did you see the Rangers dugout telling the cops who to go and get? People were throwing garbage and beer bottles and all kinds of crap from the 3rd deck is what the commentators were saying! I saw it on the field but I didn't see where it came from. Bautista broke an unwritten rule by staring that homer down and it ticked that pitcher off bad. You could tell that it flew all over him.

22. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    No I didn't see that because there was so much going on at the stadium that it was easy to miss stuff like that. I did see it on the highlights this morning though. NOt entirely sure what happened there. Obviously the Texas manager thought those guys should be kicked out for some reason. There were a lot of beer cans being thrown onto the field. I don't agree with stuff like that of course.

What I also don't agree with is this unwritten rule about not showing emotion when hitting a homerun. Bautista just hit the 2nd biggest homerun in the history of the franchise, of course he's going to show a ton of emotion. I really don't care if the pitcher doesn't like it, perhaps he shouldn't have given up the jack then.

What's funny is the Rangers talk about how that's backyard baseball and it sends the wrong message to kids. Out of curiosity, is this the right message? Is this the right way to play the game?

http://www.torontosun.com/2015/10/10/rangers-pitcher-wipes-butt-with-jays-towel-video

23. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    That was pathetic, throwing crap on the field. I was glad Mike Golic was saying loud and clear that those fans are idiots.

As for Bautista, I thought he came across looking like a punk. Hes not the first person to hit big HR, most everyone else manages to celebrate while they round the bases, not give a quick stare down at the pitcher and look how tough I am when I toss my bat far away.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    When I played baseball as a kid it was an automatic out to throw your bat. I guess that rule doesn't apply in the Majors. There are TONS of unwritten rules in baseball and some are really obscure but not staring down a homer is a big one in the eyes of players. Shaner was right that they shouldn't have wiped their butt with that towel too.

25. shaner82

Oct 16, 2011
    Very few players in their careers will ever hit a jack like that. It was an emotional game due to the top half of the inning. He was pumped up and got excited.

I find it hypocritical you defend players celebrating and dancing on the field, and you defend players who shoot their mouth off because you don't like canned answers, but apparently Bautista can't show any emotion when he hits a homerun. That Rangers team played dirty that entire game. Calling constant timeouts at the last possible second when Stroman was ready to throw. It was an intense, heated series by baseball standards. Bautista isn't a punk, he's just a very emotional guy. I say good for him. If the pitcher doesn't like the bat flip, he shouldn't give up homeruns