1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Buccos

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by TheSteelHurtin2188, Aug 27, 2015.

1. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    CUBBIES!!!!!!! WOOOOOOO HOOOOOOO! Arrietta is a machine!!!! This is the year people! Mark it!

2. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Dude SWEET! I didn't know you were a Cubs fan too! Just another reason for you to be my boy! LOL!

3. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Those pitches weren't intentional. Rodriguez was really the punk. I mean that cooler didn't do anything to him. LOL. To hit a pitcher is just a bush league thing to do. Awesome game though. Felt intense the whole time. That first homer was monstrous.

4. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Too bad that you and your boy are going to see your little cubbies get their butts handed to them by the Cards. You only have one really great pitcher. That will get you through a one game series but not much else. I'm surprised you hid and waited until you won before you had anything to say. I expected a little more than that from a preacher boy. LOL I'm betting the Cards fairly heavy. The Cubs are just too dirty and too big of a bunch of crybabies for me to root for them.

5. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    No problem I knew the better pitcher would probably win the game. Just hoped the Bucs could steal a game and go a little further into the playoffs this year. Baseball isn't much to me and it's not something I bet very often or put much money on the games. It's not like football or the ponies where I bet a lot more for a specific purpose.

6. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Actually the reason I didn't get to talk during the game is because I didn't get home from church til a little late tonight and had to catch up on dvr. I agree the Cards are gonna be hard to beat though. The pirates probably would have a hard time with them too. Arrieta owned the pirates tonight and it was a scumbag thing to do to throw at a pitcher who didn't try to intentionally hit someone. It was worth it though to see Rodriguez hit that cooler. He sure wasn't gonna hit the ball if he had even got an at bat because Arrieta would have embarrassed him like the rest of his buddies. Really awesome game though and sweet to see a shutout with so much on the line.

7. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Rodriguez is a waste. I don't think he even belongs on a major league team He was hitting the cooler because he doesn't have the guts to hit anything that can hit back. Lot of people like that in the world. I'm glad baseball is over and hockey is here. Baseball is just too passive a sport for me. Remember you don't have a great team you have a good team and a great pitcher. That should not take you very far in the playoffs. Hope not.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

I agree.

I'm so bummed. :(

Thank you, Bucs, for an absolutely phenomenal season. We'll get 'em next year!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    The breaking ball that hit Harrison I believe was a slip. The pitcher with such dominating control throwing at Cervelli's head was intentional and inexcusable. I think hitting a pitcher who hit two of your guys already is perfectly acceptable. Plus Watson hit him center mass, Arrietta threw at Cervelli's head. That's dirty to me. You could kill a guy like that.

On a lighter note, that Gatorade cooler will know better than to talk trash to Rodriguez next time!

• Like Like x 1
  10. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Regular season baseball is hard to stick with all year because there are just so many games that it lowers the drama but playoff baseball is really fun to watch because every little detail matters. I know a lot of people have talked about the one and done aspect rubs them wrong but the fact is that the pirates AND the Cubs had an equal amount of games and if either of them had pulled out just 3 or 4 more games they wouldn't have been in a position to go home tonight. You can say the Cubs don't have a good team if you want but it sure looked to me like they did with guys making great catches, turning double plays, playing versatile defense, hitting homers, and above all just winning. Although the best play of the night was when Arrieta stole a base. I laughed like crazy and you have to admit seeing a pitcher do that is pretty funny.

11. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Pretty sure by the time Arrieta stole that base most of the Pirates were checked out and using their smartphones to book tickets for the holidays. The air just went out of the stadium after the bases loaded double play ended the sixth.

12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Im not really a fan of the one and done format either simply because you had 2 great teams that could have provided for a great series, even if its just a best of 3.

Having said that, not too long ago, the Pirates and Cubs never even would have had a chance at all. Cardinals won that division and that would have been the end of it and 98 and 97 wins respectively would have just gone poof.

13. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
  14. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah but just the fact that he had demoralized the whole stadium and team and then steals a base was funny. If he had been batted in I figured he would have took his hat off and waved to the crowd. LOL.

15. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Not only was it wonderfully comedic to watch Sean Rodriguez beat down a cooler but then to STARE DOWN a cooler after he had beaten it down was just hilarious. He will forever reign in digital infamy.

16. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Was hoping the Pirates would win, but in the end it won't matter as the Jays are winning it all this year.

On a side note, PNC park is absolutely incredible. Went to a game there last week and did a tour the next day. What a beautiful stadium

17. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    What most people don't know is that those coolers sleep with player's wives all the time.

[​IMG]

18. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    That was awesome.

19. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Did you watch that series of memes I posted above? They are mostly from video games and they are absolutely hilarious. There's a Mike Tyson's Punchout one that might make a little pee come out. LOL!

20. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    USA! USA! USA! LOL! I agree on the park though. Really atmospheric. Wrigley is still baseball mecca though.

21. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    It's hilarious that he pats him on the back as walks in to the clubhouse. LOL! Gloriously awkward!

22. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    No. That Punchout one was awesome!

23. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    Ha, yeah. :D

I can just hear the exchanges. Guy helping the Gatarode cooler up says, 'you OK, buddy?' as the cooler yells, "Is that the best you can do, sissy?" in a drunken stooper. Guy patting Blanton on the back says, "Just let it go, bud. He's had enough." Blanton shouts, "Keep your hands off my wife!" as he walks to the lockers.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    :roflmao:

25. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Im not a Cubs fan, but a fan of whoever the Pirates play against. I hate them.

Back in the day baseball was my sport and I loved the Pirates. I have great memories of the old Lumber and Lightening days and my dad taking us to the the old 3 Rivers and sitting behind first base for what seems like 20 games a year. I played first base and Willie Stargelll was my hero. I even used to do the windmill windup when I'd come to bat in Little League (the I'd promptly strike out!). I cried when he threw out the last first pitch at 3 Rivers and was a shell of his former self, just before his death.

Even well after my BB days ended I still religiously followed the Bucs. I went to as many games as I could as a young adult. My friends and I were a fixture at opening day for many many years. But that all changed with the 20 year losing streak. I bought the rebuilding thing. I bought the small market thing. I bought the 'all we need is a new stadium' thing. I bought the McClatchy 5 years plan. I bought it all, hook, line, and sinker. Until about 10 or 11 years ago when I realized that I was a fool. I realized that this organization didn't give a flying rats ass about winning. It became obvious that it was about the bottom line and winning was secondary. When they admitted that they passed on a catcher (name escapes me now) with the first pick because they "couldn't afford him", they lost me. They took my passion, my support, my memories, and played me for a fool.

I walked away.

I swore them off.

Never again will I support this organization. Ever.

And I meant it.

I loathe them. I hope they lose. Every. Single. Game. I hope they move to Anchorage Alaska.

To start following them again would be hypocritical to the highest power. That's not me.

Since then I've only been to PNC Park a handful of times. Usually when I get free tickets...and that used to be when my wife's ex employer (AGH) would have family night. And when I do go, I show NO signs of support. I don't buy any concessions, I don't wear ANY black and gold, not ever Pens or Steelers gear, and I wear a Yankees hat that I bought in NYC in November of 2001.

Only twice have I bought tickets. Once was to see the Yankees and the other time when my wife, not mindful of the depths of my disdain, signed us up to go with the Church for a fellowship outing and I was handed 5 tickets and a bill.

And THAT is the rest of the story. ;)