1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Buccos

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by TheSteelHurtin2188, Aug 27, 2015.

1. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    This team is awesome. As long as Burnett comes back healthy they are set up for a deep run in the playoffs. LETS GO BUCS!

2. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Whats the score? My ISP is throttling us so we can barely run netflix and surf the net.

3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Game's over. Pirates won 2-1.

• Like Like x 1
  4. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    I don't bet baseball much. I did get $300 down on them last week to win the world series this year so we will see.

5. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
    I don't have the...testicular fortitude for sports betting, so maybe I can live vicariously through you. Good luck. :)

6. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    I'm going to say the only way we win the division is to take at least 4 of the final 6 against the Cards. The pirates bench this year is so much better then the last two years. I hope come September 1st Bell and Glasnow get the call to come play with the big boys.

7. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    Funny I brought up their bench earlier and tonight they showed with pinch hitting with ARam and JayHay back to back producing the game winning run.

8. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    I think it is pretty much a given that the wild card playoff game will be between the Pirates and the Cubs in Pittsburgh. Of course anything can happen with a little over 30 games to go, but a one game winner take all would be interesting. I'm sure we would pitch Cole and the Cubs would pitch Aarieta. Should be a good matchup. I watched Aarieta pitch the no hitter last night against the Dodgers. He looked tough. The teams seem to be even with the biggest weak spot I see on the Pirates is their fielding. They are next to last in fielding in the league.

9. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Rough 4 games for them. They need to take at least 1 game in the series with St. Louis IMO.

10. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I'm a Cubbies fan but I could tolerate losing to the Pirates. However, I hate the Cards with a passion and am sick of seeing them do good. I still despise the Braves the most though. I've barely got to watch any baseball this year but I was glad when we got Epstein and now maybe that is starting to pay off. Just keep Steve Bartman away though. LOL.

11. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Pirates need to steal one today against the Rockies. Locke is pitching and he is the worst pitcher we have along with Morton. We got lucky last night with Morton and simply outhit them after Morton gave up a 6 run lead. The thing about those two pitchers is you can be sure they won't normally last past the 5th inning and will give up 4 or 5 runs while they are in the game. They throw a lot of home run balls. IF we win the 1 game series with Chicago we won't have to start either Morton or Locke in the next series which is a good thing. Just hope we can out slug them today and have a 3.5 game lead going into the Chicago series tomorrow.

12. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Pirates took care of business again today with a 3-2 win against the cubs Now a 4.5 game lead with 8 games to go.

13. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    And they blew it spectacularly! Won the first 8-2, but blew the second one and the Cards clinch. Looks like the Cubs in a one game play-off against a pitcher that has owned them this year.

In other news, there are division winners that have worse records than the wildcards......

14. BowlsOfSteel

BowlsOfSteel Active Member

Jan 4, 2012
    In Fact all other division winners will have worse records if the Pirates make it to the divisional round. And we have a #1 vs #2 team upcoming in the first real round of the playoffs. Never will get that system. It's the same in the NFL. You can profit so much, if your division is a mess. Look at the NL EAST.

15. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    The Pirates should get their heads out of their ass and beat the Reds today. The Reds are a bad team and we let them hang around Friday night and got lucky and won in extra innings. Last night we scored 1 run and lost. How's that for copying the Steelers and playing down to your competition. We have the better pitcher going today versus the Reds and if we can't win today there is a very good possibility Chicago wins and we play the Cubs in Chicago for the one game playoff. Chicago's ace is pitching at a record setting pace and I'm not sure the Bucs can beat him, but there would be a better chance in Pittsburgh. Whatever happens the Pirate had a very good season. BFT, if the Cubs win, I will start being a Cards fan for the next series. Sorry, I will not root for a team that plays as dirty as the Cubs play. LOL

16. Guest

Guest Guest

Our beloved Bucs have wrapped up home field advantage for the NL Wild Card Game with a win today against the Reds! #RaiseIt

PNC Blackout on Wednesday night against the Cubbies.

[​IMG]

LET'S GO BUCS!

17. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    One game - go to St. Louis or go home. Should be a close game. I think either of the two teams playing tonight can beat the Cards

18. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Puck the Firates. Go Cubs. That is all.

Screen Shot 2015-10-07 at 5.49.28 PM.png

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Cubs will win. Cole is good, Airrieta is better.

I just saw what a dominant pitcher did to my team last night. They should make these wild card games a best of 3. Cubs/Pirates would have been a great series and instead it will be one and done.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    casual fan.... but BASES LOADED!!!

ok I shouldn't have typed that sorry...

21. TerribleTowelFlying

Oct 12, 2011
  22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Sorry fanforlife, just calling it like I see it :lolol:

23. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    this is probably the most baseball I've watched in awhile, but the 1 game playoff series kinda sucks. Yes I understand football is one and done, but baseball seems to be geared towards the long season. Maybe I'm wrong, I don't watch enough to know.

24. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    This is without a doubt the worst week I can ever remember as a Pittsburgh sports fan.

I actually would have rooted for the cubbies going forward before they acted like such bums tonight. Flipping their bats and then Arrietta plunks two guys and cries like a little girl when he gets hit, starts a brawl then immediately runs away. What a punk, but man can he pitch.

25. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I don't care for the one game playoff either. You can have a solid baseball team but when you come up against a hot pitcher there is just nothing you can do. To work 162 games to reach the playoffs and have it basically come down to teams picking their best guy for one game it just is deflating. Maybe they should short the season and make it a best of five series to capture more fans attention.

• Agree Agree x 1