1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bubble screen/Diamond and 1 week

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by PWP, Sep 26, 2017.

1. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I would open in the quad by 1 set with Bell on the bench. Take a similar approach as the Pats did to the ravens years back . Put AB,JuJu,Bryant and Eli on the quad side let Bryant play up front and Juju inside with Eli on the outside with AB as the deep guy in the diamond. On the other side I would start DHB to spread the field and force them into zone.

My first play would be a simple screen to AB . The next look would be a slant to Eli off the same look . My next play would be a square in to JuJu . My fourth look would be a naked wheel to Bryant sell the same block sprint to the sideline and then run the 9 route .

See what they do see if they adjust and slide the Safety then I want DHB deep on the backside. If no adjustment then swap AB and DHB let him work the full route tree on the backside. He will get open. Keep the same concepts a series or 2 then switch Bryant and Dhb . Let Dhb have the naked wheel and be the lead blocker for Bryant.

Now is when the real plan takes effect.Insert Bell for JuJu or Eli let him have those routes also he can be motioned into the RB spot . They are spread wide and deep now . Bell can now insert himself into the heart of the D with fresh legs and against a D who can't handle it...

2. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Looks like the cat is walking on your keyboard there PWP. Sure hope the Ravens don't read this MB - I like your play book but it will help if all the Steeler receivers wear lifts in their shoes......just in case....you know......

3. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I don't like too get F'D I would much rather be the leader if you know what I mean ? We have the talent why keep playing the we do what we do nonsense ?Change it up, bring a new bag James Brown can't be wrong.

The talent is here lets make it work and not wait for it to work.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017