1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bryce Callahan: Cornerback

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by STEELWINDS, Aug 29, 2021.

1. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Again. No They Didn't. Maddox Started week 6,or 7 of 2001 neither had a 1000 yards before that.
    Are you just arguing 2 argue???
    OK I'm wrong about the starting time of Maddox He just played sparingly in 2001. I miss thought. Though look at what was going on in 2002 with them before he stepped in a full-time Qb.
    Also everyone's yards went up after Maddox stepped in. I check that 2 make sure

Last edited: Aug 31, 2021
  2. SpeedyMikeWallace

SpeedyMikeWallace Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    You can check the stats yourself. Kordell started and played in all 16 regular season games in 2001, plus the playoffs, including the loss to the Pats in the AFCCG. I remember it well because I was there.

Also, can you please stop acting like Maddox was a good QB. He was undoubtedly a mediocre QB with inflated numbers due to the players around him (a stacked OL, Hines, Plax, Randel El, Bettis, and the always underappreciated Mark Bruener).

3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Guess You didn't read my revision on the post. I fixed it before my reply. I admit 2 be wrong . Unlike some.
    So they had one good year (lucky) year before Maddox. Both had better years after Maddox, and then Ben took over. Go Look. If You don’t believe it.
    Maddox was the Best we had from maybe O'Donnell- Ben. Some would say from Bradshaw- Ben. That's why I bring up Maddox.
    So ...so far. Who has done better( as Wrs) since they left Ben ....since they were great without Ben...not
    Wallace, not Plaxico, not AB, not Bryant, not Holmes, not Bell(some say he had hands like a wr) , not Randel El, only Sanders...Hmm...wonder why just that one...Hmm could the Qb he went 2 have mattered??? Payton Manning. Surely there is a reason only he out of the rest of the awesome drafted Qbs we had never duplicate their number after leaving Ben , but Sanders that went 2 Manning. :shrug:, or did Sanders make Manning 2. LoL

4. SpeedyMikeWallace

SpeedyMikeWallace Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    You can't claim "I'm admitting to being wrong", then turn around and claim their first year of success was "lucky". What exactly was lucky about it? The team went 13-3 and nearly made the Super Bowl. You only want to claim this because it contradicts your theory that the QB makes the WR, when it's a symbiotic relationship.

Plaxico and Brown won Super Bowls after leaving the Steelers. Bryant ruined his own career. Holmes ended up with the Jets. Wallace had a good career after the Steelers considering the teams he ended up on... I really don't want to go through every single circumstance, circumstances that more or less prove that the QB-WR dynamic is symbiotic.

Anyone who says Maddox was better than O'Donnell is still mad about the Super Bowl loss.

You're not arguing in good faith here, and frankly I'm running out of things to say without repeating myself.

5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Whoops…. I thought I was in the Callahan thread….

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL. I admitted I was wrong about the Year. What do You want. Now admit Your wrong about the Qbs being the reason 97% of Wrs are great.
    Yeah Brown won a SB with 483 yards....that's only about 1000 yards less then he was use 2 with Ben. Wallace...LoL add all of his years away from Ben ...6....and He doesn't have what He had in 4 with Ben. Plaxico did win a SB......never reached the yards or TD He had here,...and he had a pretty good Qb when he left. You don't want 2 go on because You realize your wrong and unlike me can't admit it. I mean you named all the great picks....then make up excuses why when they left Ben they weren't any good anymore, but Qbs have nothing 2 do with it. LoL.