1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bryant potential suspension lol

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelcityclash, Jun 15, 2018.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    There are Trolls who hit this board. Glenn is not one of them. He is a well respected member. Disagree all you want with any of us, but please do not post false statements. Arguements are encouraged, false acustaitions are frowned upon. This is one of the best message boards, please help us keep it that way.

I know I have posted my share of grumbles. But, I do appreciate you at least posting bits and pieces to keep us through a slow time. Thank you.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I'll admit I don't don't discuss repetitive much. Typically I post my thoughts and move on. Now there have been some issues that I'm more concerned with. Alot of this stuff has already been discussed to death around here then a new guy comes along and thinks he's the first person to think of some of this stuff.
    Mostly I'm just busting your balls. If you're going to be so stubborn with your opinions expect to be clowned on when the turn out wrong.
    Other than that it's all good on my end.

• Like Like x 4
  3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Thanks for the kind words Jeh. I wouldn't consider myself a troll. More of a ball buster. You know the guy how calls you out when you say some dumb stuff.

• Like Like x 1
  4. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

And statement is why they call it dope

5. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    When you purposely post to start flame wars, they used to say that was being a troll. Mind you, I don't even care/mind, I was just describing how I saw it. As a matter of fact, some of the best boards were like the "Wild Wild West" with half of all posts being flame wars. There was some hilarious interaction on those boards. Like some of the funniest content in all of entertainment. That being said, I do think this is a great message board and am fine with a very Steeler-centric adherence. And if you want to keep taking your pot shots, go for it, whether you prefer to call it "ball busting" or whatever. Either way, coolio.

By the way, speaking of "Wild, Wild West" Steeler message boards, did anyone used to post on the board with the "Pan-faced Ginger head?" That place has been long-terminated but man were some of those interactions hilarious. I don't think boards like that are around that much these days, but I can't say I know.

6. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    The Sporting News forums back in the late 90's/early 00's were like the "wild west" and freakin' hilarious to boot. I don't even think it had moderators... and if it did, they rarely interfered. I logged into that forum with a 56K modem... that tells you how long ago it was. So you people think I'm negative about the Steelers? Some of those members made Real Steel look like Mary Poppins. I don't hold a candle to some of the negativity that went on back then. Kordell Stewart, Cowher and Jason Gildon were frequent targets. This board is very tame compared to Sporting News.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2018
  7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    don't take Glenns anger personally. you'll just get ignored and life will carry on lol

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    I stepped away from this thread for awhile and came back to find that it was taken to...

wholelevel.gif

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  9. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Well...

This thread careened out of control..

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I think it can be saved. We have the technology we can make it better, faster, stronger.......ummm.......who am I kidding? This is a dumpster fire, someone get the marshmallows

11. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    Oh, I don't know if I ever visited TSN boards, but I have been on a few that would remove paint off a car. And that didn't go to just towards the Steelers but between members of the board in an epic way. Probably 50% of all content was some kind of flames. But my God, it was hilarious, but not the best to receive Steeler content. The Pan-faced Ginger head was this guy who supposedly was well off, had a sports bike, bedded a plethora of "Aiiizzians" and was the target for endless, endless flaming...and his face appeared rather flat and he had red hair.

Oh, and the Steeler players who were hate on were just fried. Fans would say things like "I hope ______ has his eyes burnt out with a hot steel rod," and things worse than that. The usual targets were Kordell, Gildon, Cowher, Maddox, Burnt Alexander, Burnt Scott, Duane Washing-toast.

12. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    "And if that goomba tries any rough stuff you tell him I ain't no bandleader."

It's all good. I just grin.

13. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Tampa Bay Bucs fans were obnoxious back then on TSN. The year the Bucs won the Super Bowl, the Steelers whipped them on Monday night with Maddox at QB. I remember a bunch of Steelers fans posting on the BUCS board about Lee Flowers' Paper Champions comments. I laughed until I cried and then laughed again. It was like World War III on a message board. And then the BUCS won the Super Bowl... and many of their fans didn't care about bragging to fans of teams in their own division... like the Packers, Bears, etc. They were more concerned with sticking it to Steelers fans because of Flowers' comments. The "back and forth" of banter went on for weeks.. before it calmed down.

14. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I read that article. "It was the Steelers who had the last laugh"

lol no, Tampa Bay had the last laugh

I can imagine the trash talking back then.

Bucs fans: "So who are paper champions again?"

Steelers fans: "Whatever, we still beat the champions"

Bucs fans: "and? we will won the superbowl... where were you guys"?

Steelers fans: "4 rings > 1"

Random Cowboys fan "5 rings!"

15. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    :lolol:

Yep... that pretty much sums it up.

Ravens fans were the worst on TSN with smack... especially after they won the Super Bowl in 2000 season. Bucs fans were a close 2nd. Jaguars and Titans fans were also mega-douche bags on TSN. Watching Eagles fans do battle was a scream... those guys are great at talking sh!t. Maybe they will calm down now that they've won a Super Bowl. :icon mrgreen:

• Like Like x 1
  16. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    Was that Steeler-Bucs game the one where the Bus ran wild? That was one of his best games as a Steeler as I recall, especially considering that the Bucs' D was considered very formidable. He ran all over their @sses.

17. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    The Bus ran for 66 yards. The game was a defensive struggle for the most part. Chad Scott got a Pick 6 INT and Maddox hit Randle El for a TD.

18. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    That doesn't sound like the game I was thinking of. The one I recall had Bus just bouncing off and running over Bucs I thought.

This was the game, Bus rumbled for 143.

https://www.footballdb.com/games/boxscore.html?gid=2001102101