1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bryant potential suspension lol

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelcityclash, Jun 15, 2018.

1. TwentyFourSeven

TwentyFourSeven Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Bell has a few more slip ups before his career could be over if I'm not mistaken.

2. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    That fool ain't building **** other than his case for being not too bright

3. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    I will say this though, the day is coming sadly enough where marijuana and maybe other things will be okie doked into the league as well as other leagues in the world of sport and when it does stand by. The amount of idiots jumping on the law suit bandwagon with claims of "I was robbed of my career" blah blah blah due to the former stance on substances will steal any and all thunder from the folks legitimately injured from playing the game. Bush got what, 12 mil for whiping out on a stretch of concrete? What about all of the the old turf injuries? It's coming after his win. It shouldn't but it is. Hell if we can sue for hot coffee spills and slippery substances it's a given.

All the folks being crapped on for CTE claims, which will continue to grow btw, won't hold a candle to the dumb asses that will be crying foul. Left out will be the fact that they couldn't adhere to company policy much less state and or federal law that we all have to abide by in order to break bread for a living.

It will be a retro active paid in full settlement based off of how many earnings in total each idiot who couldn't follow a rule will be entitled to based on assumption coupled with a cultural discrimination and an "it's not fair" approach from yesteryear to current time. It's gonna happen gang. I hope not but it's coming. We keep going out of our way to afford excuses and reward the hacks that couldn't just do **** the right way.

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  4. Daddymac10

Daddymac10 Well-Known Member

May 1, 2015
    All prayers go out to Martavis. Not gonna gloat because nobody is perfect ...we all have problems. This is one reason why we should move on from Le'Veon Bell after this year. He & weed have a history too. He's our horse but $17 million multi year is way too much for a guy who could end up like Martavis...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That and CTE are very different situations. There was evidence that the league kept quiet about the long-term dangers of brain injuries. Of course, the league is also fighting the payments going to players every step of the way, seemingly hoping players die before they have to pay up, and mostly getting away with it.

What you are talking about is completely different. If an employee is disciplined for violating company policy, then the policy changes, the employee can't go back and sue. The policy changed. They knew the policy when they violated it. There was no misleading action by the employer.

I get your point regarding the ridiculous lawsuits in this country, but even in that there are limits. Corporations are allowed to set policies for their employees and they are allowed to enforce those policies. They are also allowed to change them, especially in the case of something like this, which seems like the league would be following changes to the law of the land. If the NFL allow players to smoke Marijuana, it would be because so many states have made recreational use legal.

6. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Then you have led a sheltered life. I have seen weed ruin a number of lives same as alcohol. You ever see someone blitzed on weed and wrap their car around a telephone pole? It doesn't look any different than someone drinking alcohol I can tell you that. Unfortunately, there is a misconception about what weed does to someone versus what alcohol does to someone. More importantly than my opinion, one is legal and one isn't (most places). If you do some research you will find that Denver isn't as excited as they once were about their decision to legalize weed. To get off my soapbox, I would never try to dictate what someone chooses to do same as I would never dictate the policies an owner decides to implement...both have to live with the consequences!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    No one wraps a car around a tree on weed. If anything they drive like a little old lady. Booze, on the other hand, actually impairs coordination and judgement. You really have no idea on the subject. Most people don't even want to be driving on weed; they prefer to lay on a couch instead.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I visited Denver last fall. It was no different that any other major city in the USA. There's no anarchy and it hasn't turned into a hippie commune. :rolleyes:

Actually, I witnessed many more people in the bars drinking booze than buying weed in the dispensaries. And I visited 5 different dispensaries.... and several bars downtown.

• Like Like x 1
  9. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Yeah I literally just came back from Vegas and it seemed no different than the last time I was there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    From all those flushing gas station/fast food toilets from I 15/US 395 tourists passing through? Same thing would apply to Desert Hot Springs and Nipton. Probably hauling in broken fragments of the melting northern glaciers and polar caps. You know what they say - got lemons? Make doobie filling. :rolleyes:

11. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I
    saw weed suck all ambition out of my oldest brother. He was recruited by a few colleges as a pitcher. He decided he'd rather get stoned than maybe make it to the show. He's 65 now and doesn't own anything besides a '97 toyota pickup. Of course, it's not HIS fault he made crappy decisions! I also worked for a very wealthy land developer in the late 80s. He also owned several fast food franchises, lived in Beverly Hills, drove all the nicest cars....... well, he and his partner liked to smoke the ganja and then make business decisions while stoned! "If opening two burger joints is good, opening 20 at the same time would be 10 times as good!" He lost the boat, the house, wife and kids........... Not to mention the health risks if you smoke it. Anything you set on fire and breath in is going to affect your lungs! Now, I don't drink or smoke but, I can sit next to someone who's drinking until Hell freezes over and I'm never going to get contact drunk!

12. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    I'm straying from the Martavis topic... it's hilarious that conservative/red states like Utah, Missouri, Oklahoma and Arizona are voting to legalize marijuana this fall. Michigan too. It will be interesting to see what happens. These states can bring in a lot of revenue with legalization, while using the funds to upgrade their roads, infrastructure and schools. Many governors and state legislatures are slowly starting to figure this out. It's just a matter of time before cannabis is removed from the schedule 1 list. As soon as the "less government/states rights" crowd comes to grip with this... society can move on and the federal government can quit wasting resources on prosecuting marijuana.

13. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I thought maybe Jerry might have made an exception to the delta water ban since, after all, they're growing pot!

14. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    Most normal people don't get baked all day; keeping it to a leisure activity off hours hasn't been shown to really do anything bad. Some, like some drinkers, are losers who partake all day. What are you going to do? But your above examples are hardly iron clad proof of anything. Did the same dude who went broke on burger joints also attain his wealth while baking? How could that be? People making bad business decisions and then going belly up is hardly restricted to guys burning plant. Mark Brunell went broke from buying burger joints, and I am pretty sure he wasn't getting blazed.

Oh, and do you actually think you can get baked by sitting next to someone who is burning? Dude, let's just say you are far from informed on this subject.

15. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Sorry to burst your bubble on what I know, but I have 22 years of experience in the matter. The fact that you say no one wraps their car around a telephone pole on weed proves what little knowledge YOU have on the subject. It impairs judgement period. Anyhow, I won't argue on the subject. You have your perception, and I have my first hand knowledge.

16. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    You misunderstand and probably more so because I didn't elaborate. The issues they have with it run through their government (financially such as substance abuse, distribution etc.) and law enforcement (law violations, illegal transport etc.). You can disagree all you want based on what you see, but that is why I mentioned researching. Hippie commune? Are you stuck in a time warp? What year do you think this is?

17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Did you really just say that? Wow.

By the way, Jims a cop.

18. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Regardless of your or my opinion on marijuana and it's legalization..... more states continue to legalize cannabis for medical and/or recreational use every election year. And that's a fact. Your self-righteous disagreement with cannabis legalization carries about as much weight as a gnat fart in a hurricane.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    Cops are trained on the establishment agenda. The establishment agenda protects big pharma, so they come up with things like the movie "Refer Madness." That movie was 100% propaganda hogwash. Let me ask: For those crashes where Jim thinks were caused by weed, was the suspect also drinking or on other drugs? I'd love to know the honest answer.

Claiming car crashes are caused by baking is way, way off true. Drunk driving is another story.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Wow and this got 2 agrees :facepalm:

21. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    :wave:

22. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    No, you forgot all the cars wrapped around trees that are now all over the place.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    And yet you refuted nothing. And being a cop hardly makes one an authority on everything.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Consider who agreed.

• Like Like x 1
  25. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    All this talk is meaningless. The rules are the rules. If you don’t like the rules work to get them changed. And you’re not gonna do that blabbing about it on the Steelers message board. Just saying.

• Disagree Disagree x 1