1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bryant potential suspension lol

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelcityclash, Jun 15, 2018.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I don't know. I have a friend that runs a company out in Denver and they still drug test for Marijuana even though it's legal in Colorado.

2. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Company policies are company policies... It's not illegal to grow a beard that I know of, yet facial hair don't fly in a lot of joints. Is what it is. This will continue and get worse in the generation of "nothing is fair". Bottom line is if you want a certain job and are capable of performing at said certain job, you gotta play by their rules. Throughout history nothing has ever been fair nor anything free. Now it's being bucked and will end with making things more unfair than they ever were to appease whatever agenda, yet nothing will ever be free. Freeloaders should be thanking the tax payers monthly.

P.S. Bryant is an idiot done rooting for him and the rest be it PED or plant based hot tests. Rules are rules.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Great post!

• Like Like x 1
  4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Ditto

• Like Like x 1
  5. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I agree its ridiculous that this young man has his career threatened because he smokes weed. And just so everyone knows I gave it up years ago. Someday we will look back on these weed suspensions and wonder what was the NFL thinking hanging on to this for so long.
    Soon enough it will be the same as having a beer.

6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I think it’s PED’s he’s in trouble for this time.

7. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Yeah like Colin Moran of the Pirates was stoked because he got to keep his beard when he made the Pirates roster. Indy has a no facial hair policy.

• Like Like x 1
  8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    That is not why his career is threatened.

His career is threatened because he is unwilling to abide by the terms and conditions he agreed to when he signed his contract.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  9. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    He is now free to do all the types of drugs he wants to do. No paycheck but free.

Now he can have PEDs. Paid Every Delivery he makes from Dominos.:cool:

10. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I like Tavis but, smoking that Whacky Baccy hurts the team so, see ya on down the road Tavis.

11. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    And Mojave, remember. American Green bought the town of Nipton to make a MJ get away
    I own 700,000 shares of that stock too LOL. Maybe MB can work there.

12. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Yes indeed. Forgot about Nipton - just about 75 minutes from here. Great place to watch meteor showers in summer and irrigate the creosote and sage brush returning from Vegas. Even have a refridge magnet from there -"I AM FROM PLANET NIP TON - TAKE ME TO YOUR LEADER".

13. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    I Want that leader to be my bank. IF Nipton is a hit. Only problem. American has a habit of starting something and never finishing

14. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Hey just hit me. Put the word out about watching meteor showers there. I know them stoners would love to be smoked up watching lights shoot through the sky. Playing Lucy in the sky with diamonds. aka LSD. By the by, I smoked MJ once in Vietnam. Walked into an ambush and had no idea where I was. Never tried it again

15. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    To each their own, but what people do off hours isn't a company's gad dang business (unless it's hurting others or whatnot). A relative of mine worked for a huge telecom corporation and they started doing drug testing, and he asked the HR guy if anyone in mng would be tested and the HR guy said, "God no, we'd lose over half our managers." I hate when I hear those say that people getting govt. checks should be drug tested, and to that I say, "Great, then you should include everyone getting paid govt. checks including congress and senate folk." The discussion ends immediately.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    This year, Aug 11, the Perseid Meteor Shower will peak and be a doozy (per Astronomy Magazine). Totally moonless night and something about the trajectory of the latent comet tail supposed to make it intense (i.e. more fireballs per hour than average). Out around Nipton area though you get great shower displays several nights before and following the peak date. Already have a group of guys heading out to Ludlow area (about 50 miles southwest of Nipton and less affected by the Vegas glow) camping, exploring the Death Valley "ghost train" remnants by day and gazing at the Perseid showers by night.

17. WinTheNorth

WinTheNorth Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    LMAO Their ticker is ERBB

18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I don't know about all that other stuff, all i now is it's against the NFL's rules.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Do you mean "hurts the team" in that he gets suspended and that hurts the team? Because toking up off hours does nothing to hurt the team.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  20. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Hope you guys get a great show out there.

21. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    No it will not hurt the team if he tokes up. It will when he is sitting on the sideline for another year so yes, glad he is gone

• Like Like x 1
  22. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    They should be tested and so should all govt employees county, city, state, Feds etc... By gum if we have to be piss tested to earn the right to pay for their ****ing salaries and pay the "benefit" checks they dole out to others (which varies case to case and a lot of it is a damn joke honestly) then them asshats should have to pony up to the monitored cup as well.

As far as weed and sports go, yeah eventually it'll probably co exist and everybody will ***** and moan about how unfair it all was. Then athletes will be sponsored by MJ products and kids will run with another trend and all of its ebbs and flows in their quest to be like.... Who ever son that poster.

Many dummies get fired daily for not following company policies... These athletes shouldn't be any different. You want the job? Then do it accordingly bottom line.

• Like Like x 1
  23. dobbler-33

Nov 13, 2011
    it does if its against league policies and it is and it did hurt the team and it has hurt his career. You might not like the policy or law or rule or whatever... But it's their and when it's broken then enforced it hurts the team period.

• Like Like x 2
  24. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I will drink to that, make your bed you can sleep in it. Instead of making millions playing football

he can go with his friends and hang out smoking dope. Making 50 k/year working construction.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    They're growing in Adelanto? Besides wrecked cars? Where's the water coming from?