1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bryant potential suspension lol

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelcityclash, Jun 15, 2018.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    For those of Yinz not old enough to remember, Doc Ellis pitched a no hitter on acid. Although, I’m not recommending this.

https://www.google.com/amp/amp.si.c...acid-no-hitter-pittsburgh-pirates-anniversary

2. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
  3. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    First of all, if this really was just from smoking weed, I don't put that into the category of "demons" as the s--t will be legal in most states soon and it ain't like it's heroin, meth or crack. It's pretty innocuous. And for those of you who don't think so, I hope you don't drink, as booze kills millions and I am not aware of a single case of someone dying from plant. The worst thing plant makes you do is lay on your couch and eat chips.

That being said, if he couldn't help himself from puffing after all he's been through, he's dumber than a bag of hammers. And trust me: There are no secrets. If he was tokin' the team no he was. Word spreads. Teams know who is doing what. The Steelers knew it and were wise in trading him. I got to question Gruden's wisdom in not knowing what was up. This doesn't speak well for the future of the Raiders.

Also, forget the boo who-ing for MB. I doubt he wanted to be here all that much; he was no better than the #3 WR behind AB and Ju Ju. He thought he should be a #1 and make the paycheck that comes with it. Now he's a #0.

And, lastly, he's really not all that. Yes, he can "take the top off" a D. But he's not good at much else. True, blazing deep speed is valuable, and he has that, so he does offer some good elements, but he's awkward and gangly on other routes. Throwing bubble screens (bye Todd) to him was fairly worthless (more Todd's fault than his). In summary, kudos front office, you got this one right, but it was probably a very obvious choice from where they sat.

4. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Legal or not you still can't show up to work under the influence. Same with alcohol.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. steel_upper_lip

steel_upper_lip Well-Known Member

May 16, 2018
    Strongly agree with yr assessment of MB. I confidently predict Washington will turn out to be a more than capable deep ball replacement with a smattering of ABishness thrown in for good measure.

Not so sure about the booze bit mind you. I find a cheeky G+T cures most of life’s immediate concerns.

6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    [​IMG]

I hang my head in shame for remembering such a crappy movie, but I happened to flip by a few minutes of it yesterday and saw this scene.

7. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Fletch Lives?

8. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    I'm not bashing booze, just those who ignorantly claim plant is so bad while they do drink. That is just ignorant.

9. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    That in no way conflicts with any assertion I made. I never said anything about showing up at work buzzed.

10. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Shortly after draft................

TuRnDoWnForWaTT said:

I am glad the Steelers removed at least one headache from the locker room. But MB was looking really good at the end of the year. If he continues to stay clean I think he could break out in Oakland.

MojaveDesertPghFan said:
    Makes you wonder if the Steeler's know something that Chucky doesn't? :shrug:

Sadly I feel quite prophetic. Wish I could put it to good use instead. :facepalm:

11. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Yup. Something about his ex-wife's attorney forcing him to sign over property he just inherited, but Fletch knows the property has been ruined by toxic waste dumped there, so he's getting out of legal trouble for nothing.

12. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    HE'S IN CALI !!!!!! No need to travel anywhere. It's right outside (or inside) his door all around. He's probably already taken whatever's left of his rookie signing bonus and bought acreage in Desert Hot Springs or Adelanto where they reward you to cultivate wacky tobacky. He'll be fine in this familiar line of work. His only negative reviews will now come from Yelp.

13. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    BS. No matter what you want to chalk weed up to, Bryant has a substance abuse problem.

He's risking millions. He clearly has a problem staying off the stuff.

The NFL rules and laws are dumb in regards to weed but they are what they are.

14. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    He is a slave to his cravings. Such a shame when you have big money on the line. All he had to do was stay clean for his football years, make big money, retire, THEN smoke all the pot he wants.

15. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Another million dollar talent with a 10 cent brain.

16. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
  17. Watt Wack

Jul 29, 2017
    I don't think it's crappy at all. I rather enjoyed both Fletch movies. That was back when Chevy was actually funny, which was a long time ago.

18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    So how is making it legal going to change anything?

19. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I'd assume that once it's legal there will be a big push to change the peception of it. Right now I think the legality of it is what most companies including the NFL object to and not so much the fact that it is a drug.

I don't know how much truth there is behind the reports of how much the tabacco and alcohol companies spend to downplay the effects of their products vs the effects of marijuana but if even half of it is true it will take a number of years to change public perception.

The problem with weed versus alcohol is that while you can drink 12 hours before the start of your week on Monday and shoe no outward signs while you could smoke weed on a Friday afternoon and be totally over it by Monday but it will still come up on a test weeks later. That's the kind of thing that will change if it becomes legal.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I enjoyed the first one, but not the sequel. Still, the scene fits.

21. francobettis

francobettis Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Will the Raiders file a grievance against the Steelers for sending them damaged good?

Or they might sue us like the criminal element trash they filed back in 1977.

22. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Probably depends on when he toked and when he was caught/tested, if indeed this is what this is all about. :shrug:

23. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Rumor has it, that it's Possibly PEDs this time.....

24. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    247 sports:

Martavis Bryant facing a possible suspension for a performance enhancing drug violation (originally reported by Michael Gehlkin of The Las Vegas Review-Journal) likely caught the Oakland Raiders by surprise. They were obviously aware of Bryant's prior suspensions, but would not have traded for him had they expected another issue to arise. Many cynics have begun to speculate, however, that the Steelers knew that something like this was coming, and that they moved quickly to trade Bryant rather than face the issue themselves. Considering the front office was adamant all offseason that Bryant would not be traded, the nature of the trade on the first night of the NFL Draft lends some credence to that theory.

25. steelcityclash

steelcityclash Well-Known Member

Mar 25, 2018
    I fully expect that we won’t have any consequences to the trade. I mean we got more than we used to draft him, I think that bodes well for us in terms of believability that it was a beneficial trade for us.
    However, hypothetically does anyone know what kind of penalty we could be looking at?