1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bryant not cleared to practice yet

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Jul 27, 2017.

1. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I had the chance to talk to an agent the other day. He made note, the average career is now 2 years, 92% of players are broke within 5 years, and the worst influence on them is their families. Seriously.

I'm not so sure the team is the best unit of positive members.

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    It's a conditional reinstatement. Conditional on if good ol Rodge can draft Martavis in his fantasy league. :thumbs_up:

3. Harryo the K

Harryo the K Well-Known Member

Jun 26, 2017
    Goodell said can't get to sign the form for Bryant, he's working hatd with Jerry Jones on figuring a way around everything for Elliot.

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

5. Harryo the K

Jun 26, 2017
    Man, if I had dollar, even a Canadian dollar, for evertime soneone said that.:smiley1:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Still no sign of Bryant at camp.

Word is, he hasn't done all that was required by the league for reinstatement.

Boy if thats true :frustrated:

7. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Perhaps Hunter will surprise some while Bryant is out or if he never returns.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Steelers113

Steelers113 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2017
    I never saw any report that he didn't do what was required.

9. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Hunter seems to have been making the most of it. Good signs so far, if that's a silver lining to a very dark cloud.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Your right if thats true. But shouldn't somebody even Steeler mgnt advising him on this process. :shrug:

11. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Maybe they are, and our bright young man is too lazy/busy to follow up on it. You know, like the trouble he's having getting a one/one man/man talk w/Ben. It's not like he didn't see him every day at OTAs or anything. I'll get around to it when I get around to it, but not before.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Whats easier to believe, that the Steelers aren't advising this young man or that Bryant isn't being receptive to it?

13. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Bryant said today he is close to returning. I would bet after the first preseason game.

14. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Read today that some of the Steeler brass were also caught off guard with this procedure.

15. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Something is not right, let's get this dope smoker on the field and back to WORK.

16. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
  17. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 4
  18. coldrolled

coldrolled Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    With RG... If he was a Raven he would be practicing.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Harryo the K

Jun 26, 2017
    It's NFL and HOF game......Bryant and Cowboy Elliott decisions next week. Got to have good advertising PR cycle.

20. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    I think you may be on to something there.

21. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    He even had that supposed "man to man" talk with Ben the other day as well and Ben said it went well. Time will tell I suppose. I'm gonna laugh like crazy if Elliot gets suspended though. I've been razzing my cowgirl buddy about it at work for a while now.

22. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

He is not on to something... he is correct.

Keep in mind. Rodger Goodell is a businessman first. Those Nielsen ratings in addition to interest, be it positive or negative, fuel his agenda; expandes interest of the game in new emerging markets.

Take China and the U.K. for example. A game is set to play in 2019 for the former and what was just one game in the United Kingdom years ago is now four . If that was not an indication Goodell wants to rapidly expedite his dream of reaching the magicial "$25 Billion Dollar per year Revenue", Goodells deal with Twitter is in spite of it just merely live streaming games.

This brings me to the biggest point which happens to be a rule change. Goodell is now attempting to fully harness the power of social media through exploiting the creative ingenuity of the self absorbed as well as those who have succumb to narcissistic temptation. I myself call this rule change as the "Leniency Bias". Celebrations of the sort, regardless of touchdown or otherwise, invite character and showcase jubilation. However, there are caveats as I am sure you know; superstars... hence where the "bias" is factored in. Not a surprise as sports mediums worldwide are synonymous with it. The NFL is no different. What makes situations like Martavis or Zeke different is the fact that Goodell is tactically exploiting both players misfortunes in exchange for American and worldwide coverage through social media to garner interest. More interest means more views. More views means more good ratings. More good ratings means more outreach to emerging markets. More outreach to said markets means more interest. Rinse and repeat.

In short though Thigpen? I agree with Blast as Goodell is being as lackadaisical as possible to garner interest from a possible new audience. My biggest concern though is that, through extortion of your own employees, more problems will come your way.

23. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    If the league is really dragging its feet for no good reason, and MB has really done all that he was asked, and is the innocent victim of bueaucratic stall (or much worse some retribution from league officials), shouldn't the NFLPA be complaining about it very loudly??

They seem kinda quiet.

24. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Bryant and Elliott situations aren't going to affect the ratings, the NFL has a new deal with Amazon prime not Twitter.

25. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011

Wow, what a waste of time and energy.

• Agree Agree x 1