1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bryant Gone

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Danthesteelersman, Apr 26, 2018.

1. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Maybe

2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Martavis Bryant in Las Vegas?

Let the entertainment begin.:popcorn:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    I think a they should of kept him. He’s a number one on any other team. I mean we went 3 deep with him. He wasn’t making that much and was trying to prove himself. I don’t like the trade at all. I’ll bet he balls out in Oakland.

4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Mixed feelings on this but love the extra pick at 11th in the 3rd.

Im certain they were going to draft a WR anyway but now they have an extra pick as well.

Can't wait to see what they do with it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    This.

I feel like the roster is actually weaker after tonight then it was before the draft started. We gained nothing in the first round that will help us this year and while I was never a Bryant fan his loss will be felt.

6. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I will feel a lot better about tonight if they use one of those 3rd rounders on Justin Watson.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Big fan. Possible they go later pick in rd 3. Not far off his projected 4th rd.

Id like to try and get him in the 5th. Maybe Ivy league scares teams off.

8. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    How much of that was due to Mann though? It's impossible to predict how well we develop future WRs with a new receiver coach.

9. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    I like it, and hope they use it for the D.
    Juju and the te's can contribute some more

10. bedwyr

bedwyr Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Greatest name EVER!

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    That is what the draft is for. lot's of clean wr's we can replace him with that is not 1 suspension from being banned from the league.

12. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Great move Steelers. He was going to walk next year. We will draft his replacement.

13. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    He was a #3 at WR. That can be found with a #3 pick. That can be found in August when a seasoned vet gets cut. And we get rid of a 1 year rental player with troubles.

If the Pats did this, people would be saying “look how much smarter they are than us”.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    A 3rd rounder! Good job Colbert. I'm still amazed they got a 3rd :clapping:

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    This is the way I feel, on one hand I understand the trade getting a 3rd is real good. On the other hand we are built to win now and MB was a very good talent and maybe the best #3 in all of football. With all that said it is done and now we have to draft a WR and I think there are a lot of good ones out there. I like DJ Chark a lot but think he will go top of the second, Washington and Pettis are also two others I like high in the second.

16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Mann gets a lot of praise around here, but what receivers drafted during his time here have really had any substantial success?
    JuJu had a really good rookie year and looks to be promising. Other than that who?

17. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    True he was #3, but he was really the #2 which Juju supplanted. We effectively had a #1 and two #2s. Relative to the rest of the league.

I think the most important thing is, like you say, that he only had one year left, and odds were he wasn't going to re-sign as a back up.

The deal also works for both sides - it's probably the best move the Raiders have made since Gruden returned.

18. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    We got good value in return with the 79th pick.

1 strike away from banishment. He's become a headache in the locker room.

He is a great talent no denying that but we got more in return that I expected.

Now if we can get Anthony Miller...

19. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    What a freaking move. Wow. Insane value for a guy who wanted out and was set to leave Pittsburgh anyways!

I’ll miss what we COULD bring to the table, but this was a clear win for us.

20. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    The clear winner in this is David Carr, though. Bryant, Cooper and Nelson. Touchdown machines. DAMN.

21. CaBurghfan

CaBurghfan Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    For all of you guys saying that this leaves us a hole at number three, I think this is probably what the Steelers have shown to be able to plug in best out of all positions. Look at Brown, Bryant, Smith, Sanders, Etc. How many of those were drafted as Elite plaayers, or how many were smart pics, who turned into very good receivers? I tend to think they know what they're doing in the front office, at least when it comes to this.

22. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Not worried ..1 thing this team knows how to do is pick receivers..they can start fresh . He would've been a distraction again..for a punk who will be gone anyway. We already have Bell to play that roll we don't need 2 of them at the same time.

23. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    The Justin hunter signing makes more sense now. I'll bet he can take that role over without the drama. He's got size and speed. He has started in the league. We also replaced Mann with a pretty good coach in his own right.

To Glenn question, Mann made our receiving Corp much better overall. Whether it was blocking in the run game or just the fact we were considered to have the best WR group in the league. He made the whole bunch better.:cool:

24. Steelers4Lyfe

Steelers4Lyfe Well-Known Member

Mar 13, 2018
    Also, just to justify the trade even more....

While Bryant was a big play waiting to happen and we have unnecessarily created a hole by dealing him, WR3 on this team is a very limited role with AB, JUJU, Bell and now McDonald playing well down the stretch. And throw JJames in there also.

Our weapons on offense are still ridiculous.

Also add in the fact, and I have no clue who in their front office makes these picks, but the Steelers are the best in the league in finding WR’s in the draft. They have a proven track record of knocking WR picks out of the park.

Too many headcases on this team. I can deal with Bell because he produces at an All-Pro level. You can’t put up with the same stuff from a guy who can barely get on the field.

25. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    What? They're lucky to even get a 3rd for Bryant, that's why Colbert made the deal he was surprised they were able to get a 3rd for Bryant.