1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bruce Arians is Colts new OC

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by truckin9999, Jan 28, 2012.

1. indysteeler

indysteeler Active Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Most people here in Indy are happy. But like previous posters have said, everyone here knows Peyton runs the offense, so BA can just ride on his coat tails for a couple more years.

2. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Re: BA to Indy?

I don't think anyone understands what the heck you are talking about.

3. Forged Steel

Forged Steel Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Re: BA to Indy?

Nope, not going to happen. I say good ridance. This is the best news I've heard since BA was let go. I had feared that somehow Ben would negotiate a BA return but now that is off the table. I look forward to playing the Colts in the coming years and seeing Troy take a bubble screen pass to the house for 6! :roflmao:

4. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    What tells me something is a guy that just had to face him twice hired him. Obviously pags seen something he liked.

5. victimofchanges

victimofchanges Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    How long until the Colts fans become haters of the bubble screen?

6. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    Ah, there is a connection between him and Peyton Mannning.

7. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The irony of this is that BA is on record as saying that he almost "ruined" Peyton Manning early in his career. He says this is why he always just let Ben be Ben. Now he is gonna go and "ruin" Andrew Luck.

8. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    Do they wanna borrow our :FBAI!: :FBAI!: smiley??? :D

9. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I miss him already! :cry: Hire BA immediately!

10. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    once in awhile snack, it happens. ya know what i mean. :shrug: :cool:

11. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Not a better team in the league for his style... best of luck to him... it won`t help...

12. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    just saw where the cards are going to pursue manning, but until he's released, they can't say or do anything. footballs future had a blurb. :cool:

13. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Good. Maybe we can move on now.

14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Peyton is done as a Colt. Luck will be the starting QB next year.

15. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Deljzc said it best in that the NFL is nothing more than a "good old boy" network of employment. How this guy bagged another OC job is almost beyond belief, but then I remember that this is the NFL and most teams would rather go the retread route than try to innovate with an unproven young coach. I hope Colts fans are averse to scoring offensive points.

16. cory_86

cory_86 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    i don't envy the poor guy :(

17. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    What is wrong with you all?! The colts have let go their GM,coach,and are on the verge of letting peyton go.The hiring of arians speaks volumes to me that the colts just dont want to win.You think they looked bad this past season then just wait until this new season starts.Chalk that game up for a win. :swordsman: :rawk:

18. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Well, well, well, Arians rears his ugly head! I have read all this foolishness about Arians becoming the new OC for the Colts. God, help them, for they know not what they do! Time will tell, we will see what he does in Indy. He will be working with Luck on his side because Manning will be gone. Lets just see what he does with a rookie QB. Will he help the young fellow progress or hurt him? Two things will become quite clear, will Ben get better without Arians or will he suffer under the new OC. Also, what will happen to the Colts offense? One of the posters made a statement about how Del talked about recycling coaches in the NFL. Its one big reclycling system. Coordinators become Head Coaches, fired Head Coaches become coordinators, and they very seldom bring in new young fresh talent. So it is not a surprise that Arians has been recycled.

Someone mentioned that they wanted to bet a 10 spot that Arians will be successful. I will take that bet. I know one thing, they will never be as successful with Luck and Arians as the OC as they were with Payton.

At any rate, my feelings will never change about Arians. I don't care who hires him as long as he wasn't resigned by the Steelers. I am so happy that the Steelers have moved on without him.

Can somebody help me out with the name of a poster on the old message board who was an advid BA hater. I think he started the F.B.A.I. moniker. He hated BA with a passion. What was his name. He has not showed up on this site yet!

19. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Nobody had to tell me, I read it for myself. Now read my comment!

20. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    It certainly does make you wonder. The Colts fall from grace must be one of the most epic in NFL history. To say they are in rebuilding mode is an understatement. And to bring in Bruce Arians to help architect and orchestrate the rebuilding tells me that the GM and new HC are in way over their heads. The Colts have turned into the Cleveland Browns.

21. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I think they do know what they do. Arians spent significant time in Indy helping to develop a young Peyton Manning, so the Irsay's and the Indy organization is quite familiar with him and know EXACTLY what they are getting. To me this is the nail in the Manning/Colts coffin. Its obvious they will soon part ways and the Colts will start over with Luck. Arians was definitely brought in to help develop a young Andrew Luck, just as he did with Manning.

22. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    This news really isn't that shocking to me. Arians has been in Indy before, has experience at the pro level, was hired by a rookie head coach (huh, kinda sounds like when Tomlin promoted him to OC). The NFL recycles these guys. Look at Mike Mularkey, now back in head coaching, who'd a thought.

The real questions will start when Irsay decides what he's doing with Peyton. If Peyton is healthy and comes back to Indy, then Arians is nothing but a figure head holding a clip board, because everyone knows that Peyton runs that offense top to bottom. If Peyton is gone or not healthy enough to return, then good luck Andrew.

If I'm an opposing defense, my mouth is watering at a rookie QB throwing the daunting "bubble screen"

23. Bleedsteel

Bleedsteel

Oct 16, 2011
    Edogg... I think you are thinking of "Kevdude".
    He had been missing from the old board, last season, also.
    I kept wondering when/if he would show up again, or maybe just changed his screen name.

24. Montana Steeler

Montana Steeler Active Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Maybe Arians can work out trade to take BB with him Luck for BB :roflmao: :roflmao:

Just kidding

25. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I don't think it is to far fetched that BA will lobby to trade for Ben....It just depends on what the Colts are thinking???With Manning they were a SB contender,so how long will it take Luck to get there??This is a win now league for the most part and with the Love that BA has for Ben I could see BA trying to get Ben if the organization would go for it....

We do not need to trade for Manning they will release him so he will be available.....Manning wouldprobably Love to play for us,we have a great D a solid runing game and the best or 2nd. best group of WR'S in the game.......Peyton is a true student of the game and he gets the ball out quick and Loves the PA.....

I like both Ben and Manning ,but Manning is clearly a better QB than Ben at this point.....I would trade Ben for the #1 pick and sign Manning then trade out of #1 a few times and gain multiple top round picks....

I would Love to see a Manning the best RG in the draft the best ILB in the draft and the best SS in the draft going into camp.....Could probably only get the 2nd. best NT ,but hey I would take it......We are built to win now and could fix all holes as well as upgrade the QB position......I hope BA has that much pull I am all in....