1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Brown's Trade Value "30 cents on the dollar"

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mcam, Feb 12, 2019.

1. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Shouldn't the head coach be the ultimate team leader?

• Like Like x 3
  2. Yogi4

Yogi4 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Don't the Steelers have a clause in his contract that deals with his issues of badmouthing his employer and not showing up. Tell him he's either going to play or sit out and not get paid.
    Very unbusiness like for him to act this way at 31 yrs old. he'll be broke if he keeps listening to JH, Ochoa Cinco and TO. All 3 are malcontents.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Sure. I’m not defending Tomlin, don’t get me wrong, he is part of the equation. But if I flash back to the 70’s, the Steelers and Dallas played many times in the super bowl, both had great coaches, and neither coach was the team leader in the sense we are talking. But both teams had great player leaders.

I was at a show a couple of weeks ago. The speaker was Cliff Stoudt. This was specifically one of his points.

NE has Brady as a leader. We have Ben. That pretty well sums it up?

Edit: Who remembers Cliff Stoudt?

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    I still say the Raiders are the best fit. They have a need, the cap, and the picks to make it happen. For Bell as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    NE does have brady but their culture and how they operate is because of bill belichick.

6. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I remember Cliff, a real fan favorite.

[​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Poor Cliff, didn't quite live up to filling the big mans shoes.

8. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I believe it was Cliff who said he became so depressed that he tried to end it all by shooting himself, but the bullet was intercepted.

9. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    That is true. When your QB is also the leader of the players,you get the best of both worlds.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Not that trading him with in the division is even a possibility but I saw a bleacher report article that had the Browns as a long shot to get him with their 1st Rd pick this year and Jamie Collins. That's intriguing but won't happen. They really tried to sell the Niners angle, that they won't give up the number 2 over all pick but maybe their 4th in the second plus a second in 2020. To me I still think the best fit for the Steelers is to work a deal out with AZ and banish him to obscurity in the desert with a new HC that wants to ditch Rosen and draft Myer. Practically screams futility doesn't it lol.

11. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    We only got a 5th rounder for Santonio so we'll see.

12. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    He must be referring to when Ben talked about him running the wrong route. What a joke he can't handle that type of thing in more adult manner.

He's off his rocker.. Given everything and he's losing his mind, dying his mustache blonde, etc. He's not a mentally stable person right now. All that fame and money has destroyed him.

13. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    F Ab, F Bell, both have been fun to watch and are/were great at their positions for sure! They entertained, however they didn't matter lore wise! As good as they are/were, they didn't bring home the hardware in a fashion to justify their selfish demeanor or stance!

We can compare stats all day with or without... Who did more under what rules etc... But still come full circle at the finish line. Both are Relevant but outside looking in when it mattered, both also left much to imagination.

Love this team, hate the state it's in and hope for the best moving forward!

Rules change, times change, morals change and heroes change.
    Here's to hoping more change will evolve from top to bottom as while I'm a believer that coachT didn't cause all of this BS, he dam sure didn't stop it.

14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    That’s not even close to a fair comparison.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Holmes was facing a suspension for weed, he also wasn't a future hall of famer like AB.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    The Raiders would probably give up one of their later first round picks for AB.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  17. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    And a 3rd for Martavis...So there's that

• Like Like x 1
  18. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    I'm still predicting a late 1st...Or a 2nd, and a " good " player of need " ILB/ CB "

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I really start to think these guys have nothing better to do the write bull crap. Like the article says AB since 2011 FIRST IN TARGETS, RECEPTIONS, REC. YDS AND REC. TD'S!!!!!! Yeah there isn't one team out there in the NFL that will overlook some problems to trade for this player.......:rolleyes:. We see it all the time how many times have the Cowpies signed/traded for a troubled player, or the Bungals, Raiders or even the Cheats?

I have stayed away from most of these AB threads but this is dumb, who is Bryan Deardo anyways I have never heard of him? Most of the stuff that gets reports isn't even close to truth just the writers opinion and we all run with it. The one thing we will find out pretty soon is just who is interested in AB and how much they are willing to give up.

20. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Not even close. It's not an issue of what a different type of coach would do "now". A no non-sense coach would have nipped this BS in the bud and it would never have gotten to the level of dysfunction which now precludes team leaders from emerging. What is a locker room leader going to do in an environment where the coach fosters individualism?

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Only time it worked was in Seattle and that's because overall as a team they were so supremely talented BUT it didnt last long.

• Like Like x 1
  22. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Comparing Noll and Tomlin is like comparing apples and elephants. Noll was the old school coach who was not friends with "anybody", his role wasn't to be a team leader, it was to be an iron-fisted boss who ran a "very" tight ship. Tomlin is a good X's and O's guy who speaks well in public and runs a "very" sloppy ship.

23. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Doesn't the team that takes AB's combination of salary and age have to be close to winning it all? AB would sell seats and jerseys and maybe take the Raiders from a 6 win team to an 8 win team to a 10 win team and then retire.

24. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    Yup, looked how bad that imploded. They were the most talented defense I've seen, maybe better than the ratbirds first title. But it all goes to hell real quick without the discipline.

It's so bad even the sports talk people are criticizing Tomlin and the Steelers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    How could you not criticize them? Despite the off limits subject self imposed by the Rooney's, this once proud franchise is a dumpster fire in the making and you can't fire the guy responsible so the media will be very, very, careful how they address this but it simply can't be ignored!

• Agree Agree x 1