1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Brown's Trade Value "30 cents on the dollar"

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mcam, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Per Rosenhaus. Don’t know how to make that any clearer.

2. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Ok whatever. I've provided two links with your none but repeat the phrase and it becomes true for some.

As stated with the link you quoted per Adam Schefter Brown has formally requested a trade from the Steelers.

3. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Million dollar talent, 10 cent head. Demand a trade and ruin your trade value. Just to stick it to the Steelers. Are the Steelers just unlucky in picking such ungrateful unappreciative players or is there something they are doing to create these idiots? Neither player has a leg to stand on when they complain about money. Brown was the highest paid WR at the time he signed. Bell would have been the highest paid RB if he had been smart enough to sign their offer. Thank god he was dumb. And neither can say they weren’t used enough in the offense. If you ask me the offense relied on both too much. So what’s behind the temper tantrums? Did they screw up and pick idiots? Or did Tomlin’s style create them?

4. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Good question!

What do we think would have happened to players like Bell. Brown, Bryant, and even Ben if they had a no-nonsense coach instead of a players coach?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    Such a waste that we will never know.

6. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    From your first link:

I responded to that link by saying I wouldn't put any stock into that article. As that above quote shows, Rosenhaus is the one saying that they have been in contact with the Steelers. There has been NOTHING from the Steelers that they have heard from AB or his representatives, something the beat writers have confirmed a number of times.

Then you posted a second link which again shows Rosenhaus is the one claiming that they are in communication. Didn't refute anything.

From a story today about AB demanding a trade:

You can find that in this link:

https://www.post-gazette.com/sports...rs-fans-via-social-media/stories/201902120114

Considering how Brown is now seeking a trade, the article you posted, claiming Brown will likely remain a Steeler is a steaming pile of dung, just as I indicated when I said I don't put any stock in it.

That article didn't age very well in its short life.

Then you post a third link which only states the Schefter via a source is reporting AB is seeking a trade. Doesn't prove anything either nor would it since I responded and stated an opinion based on a completely different link.

Rosenhaus claiming he has been in touch with the Steelers is old news, made that claim about 3 weeks ago which I said at the time if true, it's probably because he is seeking a trade since AB is refusing to talk to them.

7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Honestly, I think the 30 cents on the dollar stuff is a little bit of chaff. He’s probably not going to draw a 1st round pick because he’s such a volatile diva, but unless the situation with his baby mama starts to grow legs he’s going to be worth more than the 4th to 6th round pick that some “unnamed player personnel execs” are saying. It will only take 2 suitors to drive the price up, and he’s still a top 2 or 3 WR. I would consider a player trade as well. It doesn’t need to be a trade for picks.

8. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I mentioned somewhere, maybe even this thread but what about the Rams? 31st pick? If nothing else, the SB clearly shows how badly they need a WR.

9. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Green Bay could be a good trade partner too. Rodgers is in desperate need of another WR and I'm sure AB would love that.

Thats pick 30 which they could very likely be willing to part with since they have pick 12 too.

• Informative Informative x 1
  10. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    if you can't get fair value for him, you have two choices, Bite the bullet, take the hit, get the best you can and be rid of him OR keep him and take the talent and drama that goes with it. But realize, keeping him endorses his past behavior. You start 'healthy scratching' or suspendinghimfor behavior detrimental at this late date, and the drama extends to the locker room. Players take sides, they get asked every day of game week about the ongoing drama. The Steelers can't start punishing AB now, after all this time. A let-him-rot-on-the-bench strategy is the worst thing the Stelers can do. Even if it gives some fans satisfaction.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah but last year the Rams gave Brandin Cooks something like a 80 million contract, they couldn't afford to pay AB and Cooks. They have Cooper Kupp coming back from injury next year.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They should ask the 49ers for ILB Fred Warner and their second round pick for AB. I would still check with Arizona and ask about Patrick Peterson.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. Spencer

Spencer Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2016
    I will always refer to him now as Antonio Clown.

14. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Ab for arron Donald strait up.:hehehe::cool:

Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Yeah, it's a really odd thing for someone to say. I think I may have heard one or two comment on him being quiet in games every once in a while, but his contribution has been undeniable. Given the reports that Tomlin doesn't call him out on things as well, I wonder if this is a reference to other players on the team? Or maybe just more nonsense.

It's depressing watching how a player can go from one of the best in the league to least wanted in the space of 2-3 weeks.

16. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I never bought his jersey. There was something about him that just instinctively made me feel like the guy we were seeing was not the real AB. The one we are seeing now is the real deal. I only buy jerseys of guys that are standup like Juju and Connor.. Nothing to say Juju wont go the way of AB however he is young enough that if they start to rebuild a quality organization with quality players he will develop into a team player.

My daughter texted me yesterday about AB. I already read about him leaving. She loved AB and had his jersey. I explained to her looong before this happened I was not a fan. Sure he is a good player and all but if you can't be a quality team player then gtfo of Pittsburgh. The guy is a huge head case. He literally stands in his own way ... Give me a Larry Fitzgerald all day any day of the week.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Hes also 31.. that devalues him as well too.

18. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Common sense would say that his age makes him attractive only to teams who are close to elite right now.

19. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Don't know why he said that either. Maybe he wanted to say he's tired of everyone saying his success is due to Ben but knows how bad that makes him look and blurted the other out instead. Everything AB is doing is odd.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
  21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Don't have time to read that all, only skimmed through it but I don't think it takes into account that the Steelers won't be on the hook for paying him. It widdles the whole thing down to around 6 million. I remember seeing that somewhere but not all the details.

22. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    It would sure be nice to know the reality of it so we could all stop the knee-jerk reactions.

23. blake duerden

blake duerden Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2017
    Can aclown and steelers restructure his deal again ?

24. winggin

winggin Well-Blitzed Member

Oct 23, 2011
    if we don't get a first rounder for him at the very least send him to a bad team for a 2nd rounder. Some place like Pittsburgh West Coast.

25. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    They would be the same. The coach can’t fix stupid. And if you listen to other players, this is equal or more on the lack of team leaders than the coaching.

• Agree Agree x 1