1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Browns Quarterbacks since 1999

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by mytake, Jan 7, 2017.

1. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
  2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    People tell me all the time that I have a phenomenal memory. That being said, I've thought before that I wonder if I could sit down and list all the qb's they've had in the past few years and there is absolutely no way that I could do it. In like a 220 year period the United States has had 45 presidents. In less than a 20 year period that clowns have had over half that many quarterbacks. Wow.

3. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
    the clowns are so sorry and laughable I love it.

4. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Quite the dichotomy I would say.

Either way, "Believeland" is still a thing. Feel bad for the Browns though. How does a once proud franchise fall so horrifically?

Paul Brown's curse has to break at some point right?

In addition, the Cleveland Browns allude to the Sonic The Hedgehog video game series if not are parallel towards it. Both had strong beginnings and just continuously messed up time after time, had small microbursts of a renaissance, then went back to being bad yet again. :eek:

Before anyone questions how does a video game character allude to a sports team, both went south at the turn of the century.

5. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Sonic 2 is easily my favorite Sonic game ever. Sonic Generations is great though. I can't wait for Sonic Mania though. I'm hoping it recaptures Sonic's glory the way Mega Man 9 recaptured Capcom's glory.

6. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Hopefully Cleveland drafts Johnathan Allen the same; Cleveland having its own "mania" until then. Myles Garrett truly is a "CMP" or can't miss prospect but sometimes the best pick is not always the most attractive. Building on the inside will pay dividends; Carl Nassib, Jalen Collins and Emmanuel Ogbah being the biggest beneficiaries, which in turn, boosts Cleveland's defense dramatically.

7. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    The only time I will ever get concerned about Cleveland returning to prominence will be when Haslam gets Theo Epstein to come and run the team. That could mean trouble. Otherwise I think we are safe in a 3 team division for a long time to come. LOL!

8. steelersfan35

steelersfan35 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2016
    Cleveland's rookie QB's started right away instead of waiting like Jared Goff and Paxton Lynch. But, the front office is the main problem and that makes the head coach struggle.

Maybe someday they can get it together again...

9. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  10. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't have it anymore, but about 4 years ago I made a list comparing the number of both QBs and coaches that the Steelers and the Browns have had since Cower and Maddox were still in Pittsburgh. Even back then, the Browns list was huge for both QBs and coaches, whereas the Steelers list had 2 QB and 2 coach names.

11. steelersfan35

steelersfan35 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2016
    It just goes to show you that if they played somewhere else, they may or may not have been successful on other teams.

12. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I have long held the belief that Cleveland has ruined some pretty darn good QBs right out of the gate. They've had some that didn't really ever have the potential, but some of them could have been stellar had they started elsewhere and not been ruined.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    It does make you wonder why the team consistently is terrible. With the number of changes in the coaching staff, how can I not blame the ownership?

Either way I'm completely cool with them continuing to be terrible.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Okay, now imagine that is a Steelers jersey. That is what jeh wants to accomplish through the draft. :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  15. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    they went through 7 qb's just this past season alone

16. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Soon to add in Garrapolo this upcoming draft.