1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Browns QB Deshaun Watson has been sued again

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Sep 9, 2024.

1. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016

• Informative Informative x 2
  2. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    All I can say is Watson is a freak. Seriously, what's wrong with this dude?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    Wonder if he has an onlyfans? Asking for a friend

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  4. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    A podcast just came up on my YT timeline, some Browns crap and they were talking about this. I'm not saying he is guilty, but how many times de we have to go through this? (other guy) 't would be different if he was playing well, but yea just fine a way to cut him. Not verbatim, but wtf does it matter how he is playing? Because he is good on the field we will back him? I have no idea if this is just a money seeking leach, or something happened, either way if they do an investigation and he violated that provision in his contract and you can get out of it, do it, not if he is a good or bad player, because it's the right thing to do.

So tired of the double standards.

5. UKSheffieldSteeler

UKSheffieldSteeler Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2020
    How is this monster still walking around free?

6. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    You have to wonder about the timing of this. It’s very suspicious. We can all see this guy is washed and the 2020 version of Watson isn’t coming back. They can move money around to an extent but his contract is like an anchor weighing the team down for the foreseeable.

If he was balling I doubt this even makes the news as this lady would have been paid off.

My guess is his deal gets voided at some point and the Browns get out of this mess.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    If the Browns are allowed out of this mess by the NFL, and are able to clear their future cap, it would be tragic. It would effectively tell teams that it’s ok to write big guarantees into contracts with bad actors because they can get out of it freely. Bad message (massage?).

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    I see what you did there IMG_0411.jpeg

9. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I like what you did there ……..

This is such a unique situation. While fans of opposing teams will be thoroughly enjoying the Browns predicament the league very likely view it differently.

From a PR point of view for the league they may feel it would be better for everyone if the problem goes away.

The contract he signed and the nuances of this new case will ultimately determine what happens but I think the league would be delighted to see the contract voided, allowing everyone to move on.

10. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    They wouldn't be out of the cap penalty though. Yes, they wouldn't have to pay him however, they still get hit with major cap penalties.

11. doubleyoi

doubleyoi

Apr 26, 2012
    I am thinking Browns security was searching high and low for another victim to "help" - come forward.

• Like Like x 1
  12. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  13. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  14. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
  15. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016
  16. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Makes you wonder the Browns intentions by pushing all his money out of this year and into future years

If the NFL would rule that Watsons has violated league rules and his contract is null and void the Browns could come out of this clean.

Clause in his contract says if a new case comes up that Watsons has not told the Browns about they can release him without penalty.
    https://www.nbcsports.com/nfl/profo...ial-problem-if-case-wasnt-disclosed-to-browns

17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    This 100.
    No freaking way should this be allowed to happen. They knew before signing him what was going on.