1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Browns new uniforms

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by Go 'lers, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Go 'lers

Go 'lers Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2015
    Here's my unbiased assessment of the Cleveland Browns new uniforms. (Hey, news is slow in this coronavirus off-season and I'm fascinated with the aesthetics of sports teams)

Have a look for yourself => SportsLogos.net

What they got right...

Returning to a classic look. Despite this current franchise masquerading as the original Browns I love and respect the non-frills uniform paying homage to a storied history. They've also dropped the name off the front of the jersey which I highly endorse, symbolism should already tell you which team you're watching.

upload_2020-4-15_14-12-10.png

What they got wrong...

The brown pants. A hard "No" on those bottoms. Teams can change their tops for home games vs away games but too much mixing and matching gets old. Besides, their pants are BROWN. Take it from Deadpool on why that's an ugly pick...

Overall Assessment: Not too shabby!

2. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    meh, not feelin' it. Don't like the wide stripes on the helmet for one. I'm all for the trend set by Oregon changing uni's but the Browns just do not have a good base to change with those colors. Brown, orange and white. It's earthy and fall.....dead in other words.

3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I think the brown pants are appropriate given their history, but I was hoping they would update their helmet with a suitable logo like :poopy:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  4. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    A turd logo would be awesome, it would represent and it would garner attention. They could make it scratch and sniff:hehehe: I think this is the third or fourth uni change since the Haslems bought the team.

5. vlad582

vlad582 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    I think this would be a better uniform for them...

PicsArt_05-07-09.30.51.jpg