1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Browns game...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steel_ben7, Oct 12, 2020.

1. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    I don’t think it’s a possibility at all. They will not go winless in this 4 game stretch they are too good of a team to simply lose all 4 of these games in a row. I’ll stick by my 3-1 prediction and being 7-1 at the halfway point.

• Like Like x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  2. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Even if one of those players miss a game, Chase Claypool may have yet another record setting performance. That said, the Offensive Line has to hold up. If only we knew DeCastro was playing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I`m wondering what they are saying on the Brownie board. I think they should be concerned even though they are only a 3 point underdog. Spread should be wider IMO. We are better than them. If our offense should for some reason struggle, it will be close. However, I think we have a good chance to score a ton of points and win big.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I’ll ride lol

5. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Haha I meant 2-2 is more likely what we will end up with but just know it’s always possible to lose all 4. I mean we can win all 4, but I think there’s a higher chance of losing all 4 vs winning them all. Small or not...

Ah whatever we will see no worries lol

6. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    I am going with 3-1 at the worst. I like our defense (even Terrell) & the big boy is focused imo. Claypool is the difference maker. I hope he doesn't hit that rookie wall after 13-14 games.

Avatar bet you the Browns game bbh. I'll take the Steelers & you can pimp B. Switzer for a week.

7. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    The Browns now have a competent Offensive line, This game will be won in the trenches
    and the team that makes less turnovers and penalties.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    http://www.dawgtalkers.net/ubbthrea...-the-steelers-as-good-as-we-think#Post1803329

9. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Chubb is out for six weeks with a sprained MCL

• Like Like x 2
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Nothing worse than a sprained Chubb.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    As questionable as the secondary is you have to make Baker one dimensional and sell out on the run. Try to keep him in the pocket and dare him to beat us 1-1 outside. The Browns are killing right now with pounding the rock successfully and play actions off of it.

12. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Green Bay's schedule hasn't been much tougher than ours. 1-4 vikings, 1-4 lions, 3-2 saints, 0-5 falcons. Some of the worst pass defenses in the league. They are not the jaugernaut that everyone seems to believe they are, at least this point in time. But yes, at this point, they are a contender.

Yes, we're "finding ways to win", whatever that means. We're playing good offense, decent defense, and making plays when we need to. 4 wins, 4 victory formations. No 4th quarter comebacks, no 4th down stops in the red zone with less than a minute on the clock. And yes, at this point, we are a contender.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Steelers are going to sweep the NFC East and I'm loving it.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    If browns win you have to sport a baker avatar for a week lol

15. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I'm sure there talking wreckless over there considering there usually outta the playoffs picture by now. Prob talking about winning 10 straight super bowls like they were last year. Bunch of losers

• Like Like x 1
  16. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
  17. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Bad part is with as bad as that divison is the Ravens and Browns will probably sweep it too.

It's probably the best division in football right now vs the worse one in football right now.

18. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Green Bay has dominated those teams. If you show you're superior to lesser teams, you're superior to lesser teams. If your victory formation is actually more of "holy crap, we could have lost to those jokers," then you're not much better than a lesser team. The former is a contender. The latter is not.

And "finding ways to win" means your gameplan and/or execution aren't good enough. It takes splash plays or capitalizing on a critical mistake by the other team to secure a win. It means your victory formation comes with a sigh of relief. And when that comes after grabbing a W from lesser teams, then you're not a contender.

We're not a contender until we play like a contender. 4-0 only matters to lazy fans.

• Like Like x 1
  19. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    It's on bbh. Steelers at home against a division rival. Thank you for not saying Garrett, I would have disappeared for a week.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    I still like the Steelers remaining schedule overall over both the Ravens and Browns especially after they finish up this tough 4 game stretch with the Browns at home and the 3 straight road games at Tenn, Balt, and Dallas. The Steelers after that still have 2 games with the Bengals home and away , Washington at home, at Jacksonville, home with the Ravens and Colts and at Buffalo and Cleveland.

The Ravens still have to play 2 games with the Steelers home and away, at Philly, at Indy, at New England, at Cleveland, and Tennessee and Dallas at home. Their easy games left are at Cincinnati and home against the Giants and Jaguars.

The Browns still have to play the Steelers twice home and away, 3 home games against the Texans, Raiders, and Eagles which I don’t think are all slam dunk wins for the Browns. They have a tough road game at Tennessee, and another home game with the Ravens. And have winnable road games at Cincinnati,at Jacksonville, and at both the Giants and Jets.

So we’ll see how it all shakes out but comparing all 3 of those schedules at this point and time I think the Steelers have the most favorable schedule remaining heading into the last 11 or 12 games.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    I agree with that. I'm just worried that we're not who the fans hope we are. I'm worried about our OL (was concerned even before DD went down again and Pouncey got dinged). I'm worried about our front 7 being able to apply enough consistent pressure to keep our secondary from getting lit up. I'm worried about Ben's health. Yeah, maybe I worry too much. But we have a rapidly closing window of opportunity and some glaring deficiencies that could derail this season (if it makes it through to the end). I just want to see a more complete team impose its will on lesser squads. We don't have to steamroll the opposition, just handle business and legitimately pass the eye test.

22. burghfan58

burghfan58 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    This will be an interesting game after all the Myles Garret drama last time and what he continued in the off season. I think the rest of our team will want to shut him up. Hopefully, Rudolph will refrain from shouting his bank password across the field. (just a joke, I still whole heartedly believe Rudolph never uttered what Myles accused him of.)

• Like Like x 2
  23. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    I love your avatar. What a great quote from one of the best. Back then, the reward was beers and cigars after the game. Today it's a "random" drug test.

24. The Glory Days

Oct 8, 2017
    LOL...So on one of the Browns' message boards, there's a Steeler fan named "Vagitron." Just the name is good enough for a big laugh. But apparently, he gets into long-winded arguments with another poster there, Gipper. I know that none of us have witnessed anything like that around here, but just roll with it. So another Browns fan replies to the dear Vagitron and isn't hostile or belligerent. He takes a little shot at Gipper, calling him frail(er). Gipper responds with "You’re too big of a pussy to ***** slap Steelers fans. You suck their dicks and kiss their asses. Are you going to be feckless all week long?. Besides you only have to hear it for the next three days cause I’m leaving town and won’t be on here probably. But maybe. Because we sure the hell can’t rely on you to stand up for the Browns."

Oh man, Browns fans. So nice that there aren't any posters around here who would attack each other like that! :rolleyes:

(And on a side note...so the filter allows pussy, dick, and asses, but not b-witch...interesting)

25. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Kareem Hunt running his chops saying " We're gonna win this one for Myles Garrett " Like he died or something...

Maybe, Something like this will light a little extra fire under the Steelers Asses!