1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Brock Osweiler's Problem & His Future

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by steelersfan35, Mar 16, 2017.

1. steelersfan35

steelersfan35 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2016
    In his first and only year with the Texans, he had to deal with young and inexperienced receivers. If he had stayed and worked with the coaches/players, then he might've gotten better over time. Also, he was overpaid, but the Texans gave him that money and you can blame the Texans for giving him millions of dollars. Even then, the trade helped the Texans with their cap space, but now Osweiler is stuck on a team that may or may not get rid of him.

Osweiler's Future:

1. Trade Osweiler to the Patriots for Garoppolo. This makes sense because the Browns could trade for JG. The only problem is that New England may not want to deal with Osweiler's contract.

He can also compete for the 2nd string behind Brady:

#1 - Brady
    #2/#3 - Osweiler/Brissett

2. Keep Brock and see if he can win the starting job. Osweiler's competition in Cleveland includes Kessler, Hogan, and possibly a drafted QB. Knowing Cleveland's QB history, anyone can be their starter since they've had bad luck at the QB position since 1999. Cleveland is not the place to revive or continue a career at this time in history.

They can also trade him to any other team if there's an interest. But, the chances of that happening are unknown at this time. Osweiler's only chance at a Super Bowl ring would be as a backup QB on a SB contending team.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2022
  2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I read earlier that the clowns are visiting with Deshaun Watson. They even flat out said in their statement after the trade that they were "super excited to have a 2nd round draft choice". I thought that was absolutely hilarious that they said that. I just had a vision of Brock standing there saying "Uh.....HELLO! :wave:" LOL!

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Why would NE trade for Brock :scratch:

4. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I was in Foxboro for the Texans and Patriots divisional game.

It was one of the worst QB performances I've ever seen. Never realized just how bad Osweiler was.

Brock is a bust.

5. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah and the Texans FO needs their head examined for offering him THAT kind of money with such a small sample size. People can harp on our FO all they want but the facts are that we pretty much never do stupid stuff and that's more than can be said for the vast majority of the league in the FA era.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1