1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bring on the Patriots!!!!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Da Stellars, Oct 23, 2011.

1. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Lets hope coach Lebeau has learned something from last years debacle.I personally rather see us get crushed trying a new defensive philosophy against them ,then the same old approach. I've seen plenty of defenses (jets) and others with alot less talent then we have hold them in check,why not ours? We need to be super agressive at the line of scrimmage against their WRs, that our only hope. Thoughts?

2. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    My thoughts exactly. If we end up losing this one I'd at least like to have the satisfaction of seeing grass stains all over Brady's uniform so that he knows he was in a football game.

3. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    They absolutely do, but they need to score early, they can't beat themselves by going 3 and out... I think what killed the Steelers last year is they went down a quick 14 to the Patriots, and they then changed their offensive game plan.

Lets hope they are ready. They definitely weren't ready for the DB blitzes by the Patriots last year. I think we are going to need some DB blitzes of our own if we are going to beat them.

I'm excited, this feels like 2004 where PAts and Eagles came to town on back to back weekends.

4. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Brady will be on his game - he always is against the Steelers because he knows that he has to be. If he gets time back there and we don't get pressure on him, it could be a long day for our DBF. Our O must match Brady and bring their A game. Unfortunately, with BA calling the plays, I feel like a one-legged man going into an ass-whipping contest.

If I see that Uggs commercial with Brady one more time, I'll vomit for sure!

5. BurgherBoy7

BurgherBoy7 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Hopefully LeBeau has something up his sleeve for this week. Patriots are coming off a bye and are well rested and have had some extra time to prepare for the steelers. Last year was disheartening to say the least, so I hope we can get pressure on Brady and keep him on his toes. We got to keep Welker contained. Seems like Welker is Bradys first look, but those tight ends are TB's bread and butter. Plus Branch is no slacker either, the Pats definitely have the offensive weapons to create havoc. Our DB's will need to play their butts off and hopefully Troy causes some disruption. Ben is going to have to play mistake-free football and we are going to have to force Brady into some mistakes. I like our chances this week, im sure the patriots will be favored to win and all the experts will pick against us. I like the underdog role, hopefully we can pull it off.

6. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    I want to see Welker broken in two. I'd like to see if he can touch the back of his calf to the back of his head.

7. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    Still remember a couple of years from now, when Clark gave him a little taste of a scary hit.
    We need to hit Brady. Early and often.

8. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    He needs to be punished, I agree. Hopefully, the defense isn't worrying about fines. Or else they know they'll get fined anyway against the Pats, so might as well get their money's worth. :rawk:

We need to jam their receivers at the line to throw off their timing. No, blitzing and playing aggressive isn't going to stop them every time. It won't even stop them 50% of the time unless we get in their heads. But the way we've played against them in the past, we can't stop them AT ALL. So I'll take just a couple stops. Then it's on our offense to do the rest. Their defense sucks. We CAN win this game.

9. BurgherBoy7

BurgherBoy7 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes I remember, that hit was nasty! But we need to get in their heads and play our A game. What a boost it will be if we can pull off a win against the pats. I agree with Ray D! WE CAN WIN THIS GAME!

P.S. Heres the nasty hit ryan clark laid on welker in 2008:

[youtube:2tdt23ci]nyNy-TkDGB0[/youtube:2tdt23ci]

10. Stiller3

Stiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Hopefully we see these types of hits. Fines be damned. Didn't I hear that Harrison puts aside money at the start of each year to cover fines?
    No reason to let that preparation go to waste when theres patsies to be smashed.

11. KnoxVegasSteel

Oct 21, 2011
    OH YEAH!!! The hit that Clark put on Welker was wicked! I remember him walking (staggering) off the field. He had to be thinking, where am I? Where did that bus come from that just ran over me? Wasn't that the same season that Clark nailed McGahee too? That was kinda scary though when they had to remove the facemask and carry him out on a backboard. I'm not saying that I want to see guys get hurt out there, but it wouldn't hurt my feelings if Marsha Brady had to eat out of a straw for a few weeks.

12. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    My concern is that after Ike's first half against Fitzgerald, any kind of physical CB play gets turned into a pass interference call. It's not like the Pats aren't up to manipulating that.

I said last week that forcing turnovers is the absolute key, but I'll add avoiding penalties to that. That includes you, 68.

13. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    It was the same year. Those hits on Welker and MaGahee were monster. That's the kind of smash mouth football we need right out of the gate to get those types of teams flinching, but I think the fine fears have taken that out of our D. Welker is the biggest pita threat on their team IMO.

14. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    Agree, we need those hits for the next 2 games... Any receiver will think twice before going on a slant/hook after taking a big hit. And that's what we need. Nothing dirty, but a clean, strong and big hit.

15. SoCalBlitzBurgh

SoCalBlitzBurgh Member

Oct 24, 2011
    I went to my first game at Heinz last year for the pats game and cannot tell you how disapointed I was that we really did not show up for the game. (went to Seahawks game this year :D ) I'm hoping that this is the year we teach Marsha and company a lesson! Would be nice to see the espn bristol crew have to eat a little crow with a Steeler smackdown! Go Steelers!

16. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I'd put our players up against the Pats players any day. The reason the Patriots seem to have our number is because of the coaching. Belicheck knows how to scheme and game plan, exploit the Steelers weaknesses and design an effective strategy that always seems to work. We seem to go into the game having not watched film on the Patriots. This happened with Cowher and it has carried over to the Tomlin era. Until we prove we can beat the Pats (the Brady Pats not the Cassell Pats), they are the better team and are better coached. We'll see Sunday but I wouldn't be overconfident if I were you. Remember Anthony Smith?

17. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Looks like the Pats are 3 point favorites.

18. SpeedyMikeWallace

SpeedyMikeWallace Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I hope I'm wrong, but I see another depantsing coming at the hands of Tom Brady.

19. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I hope you're wrong, too.

20. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    I'll take the points!

Nice to see you here ScottChab...

21. harristotle

harristotle Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't ever want to lose, especially to the patsies, but I would take a loss now and a W in the playoffs... I don't see us beating them twice in 1 season if it came down to it.

22. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    If we have to split the next 2 games, I'd rather beat the Ravens.

But then, I'd rather not split. :herewego:

23. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    We must win our Division, so we can host the ravens again on the playoffs. It's becoming a very nice january tradition...
    The Pats can go undefeated, and still battle against SD, Bal, NYJ or Hou on postseason.

So... Agree, if we have to split, even with all the hate I've got for Brady, we'd better lose to the Pats.

24. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I love it!!!!! :yeehaw:

25. cory_86

cory_86 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    agreed, getting the division title (and possibly a bye) would be worth a lot more than beating the Patriots during the regular season (unless ofc it involves somehow getting Brady on IR ...)