1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bring on the Patriots!!!!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Da Stellars, Oct 23, 2011.

1. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    We will crush them, they suck!!!!!!!!

2. dkblue

dkblue Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Ben should put up a lot of yards on the Patriots.

3. SteelersGirl25

SteelersGirl25 Well-Known Member

Oct 15, 2011
  4. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    To me its all about the defense containing the TE's of the Patriots and the dump off passes and runs of the RB's

Welker can gash you, but he can't win the game by himself.

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    NICE! :roflmao:

6. ScottChab

ScottChab Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I got a baaaaaaaaad feeling about the Pats game.

7. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Kinda hard to feel good about it.

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011

Exactly, why would anyone feel good about it, they have owned us for the last decade :cry:

9. colsteveaustin

colsteveaustin Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    They spread our defense out.We need to combat that.We need to change things up.Throw different looks at Marsia.
    I hope Troy is roaming around causing havoc with there timing.Please Steelers,Create turnovers...Put pressure on Marsia all day. Go Steelers!! :praying:

10. Steel Buckeye

Steel Buckeye Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011

Recent history says we should be worried. And our jekyl and hyde football team give us good reason to. The ONLY way we win is long scoring drives that result in touchdowns and keep Brady off the field because the pats will score, can we limit that scoring

11. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011
    Steelers best bet is power running and have drives that last 10 plus minutes. Sometimes Steelers are willing to do this... i.e. the playoff game against the Jets.

As far as our D covering the double TE's...Farrior and Foote can not stay with those guys. Timmons needs to move back to the middle.

ALSO the safety play will need to come up big, and I don't know what is up with Troy, but he looked out of it against the Cards, he still has the instincts, but that extra gear is just gone.

12. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Sorry but the cheaters have our number. Until we can demonstrate a 60 minute game plan on both sides of the ball against this team and execute it, I can't get too excited about our prospects. Sure would love to see it though as it would give a huge lift going into the raven game! :praying:

13. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Well, at least it's still early enough in the season that we can afford to lose this game and still have a decent shot at the playoffs. We will win if Ben understands that he has to take what the defense gives him, as I wager they will load up on the deep coverage and leave the underneath open all game long.

I wonder how many rushing attempts the Pats will have, 5?

14. diehardsteel

diehardsteel Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    GB Steel, is that Jim McMahon in your avatar pic?

15. Jack LHambert

Jack LHambert

Oct 18, 2011
    We need to copy exactly what Rob Ryan has done to the Patriots, defensively. We have a much better offense and defense, than the Clowns and Cowgirls. :yeehaw:

16. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    HA! No, that's me up at Glacier Nat'l Park. My fiance snapped that shot of me while I was gazing up at a distant mountain. Thanks for the compliment! :cool:

17. Da Stellars

Oct 22, 2011

This is true too, I loved that game plan last year by the Jets. Ryan must have told all pass rushers to chip at least one receiver (be it RB/TE/Slot guy) to disrupt the timing while on their way to the qb.

Thats basically what the Pats do...run short routes with a RB/TE/Welker right behind where the blitz is coming from.

18. PDXSteelers

PDXSteelers Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    The Steelers will need to tighten up pass coverage, reduce penalties and keep the NE offense off the field.

19. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    That's the only way to beat the pats and yet everytime we play them we seem to sit back in zone and get picked apart. Hopefully Lebeau will change it up a bit this time around and really come after Brady. If you're gonna go down you might as well go down swinging.

20. Stiller3

Stiller3 Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Regardless of how it works out, I'd almost be willing to bet we'll see them again this year.

That in mind, here's hoping we trash them both times.

21. Pierogiman

Pierogiman Active Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I never look forward to playing the Pats but I hope like hell we come out and surprise everyone and make Brady cry and pout on the sidelines on Sunday, it would give us great momentum going in to Ravens week.

22. steelerzfannforever

steelerzfannforever Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    This game lies on the shoulders of Lebeau and whether or not he scraps the zone D. We have got to get a piece of the receivers when releasing from the LOS. If we do this, it will give the D line time to at least hit Marsha and disrupt the timing. Timing is everything for the Patsies with their dink and dunk style.

23. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Agree 100%. The strategy of giving up everything underneath and coutning on the QB to eventually screw up does not work with the Pats because unlike many teams Brady will find a way to get the ball in the endzone. For whatever reason Lebeau hasn't figured this out yet :scratch:

24. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    If Ben get's protection , at least we have the same amount, if not more weapons to fire back. I hope Pitts players keep their mouths shut too, there's always somebody shooting their mouth off before a big game. Woodley did it this season with the comment towards Flacco.

Also hope Pitts learned a lot about their own Defense vs the Cards, since all I heard was how the Cards were trying to design the exact same type of D as Pitts. Which meant open season for quick slant passes up the middle. Ben finally started to connect to Brown after miss timing 3 in a row. Marsha Brady makes her living throwing slants.

25. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    This are the games when each team learns about itself. I like our chances on this one.
    Anyone knows what the betting line will be?