1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bring back William Gay....Yeah i said it!!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Bristerfan, Mar 12, 2012.

1. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    No i got a little off track gay did let him get to far behind but to mqny people just eant to blame gay on that play and it just really irritates me. That and blaming mendy for the super bowl lose. Gay didnt really play the ball at all he did one part but forgot the other. Clark biggest problem was taking the two steps forward. Couple things wrong with it first its easier to go forward then backwards so that was off plus with the time left he shouldnt have even been paying attention to the underneath. Even if they do complete it at the 15right from there the zones are really tight. All around bad coverage. I defended gay a little to much but like i said it just gets under my skin.

2. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I understand where you're coming from about people putting too much blame on Gay. This was his best year as a pro and deserves credit for the improvement. But I do think he deserves half the blame on that play, and a lot of blame for the game. Like I said, he did give up all but 27 of the 92 yards on the final drive (Keenan Lewis gave up 13, Ike 13, Ryan Clark 1 + half blame on the last one), plus a crappy rest of the game. Even if you gave him a total free pass for that last play, he still gave up 40 yards on the drive in man coverage.

3. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    Yeah he had a rough series but it doesnt really matter now has any steeler ever went to pittsburgh west and not signed? I really dont think he will be back this year. Time for somebody to step up amd im putting my money on allen. He was really raw last year and played pretty well. He seems to be one of those athletic freaks could be wrong since we didnt get to see a whole lot of him.

4. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I hope your right about Allen...I'm hoping that a few of these new guys get a chance to take the field and show that they deserve it. Its going to be a weird, new dynamic on the team with some of the leaders that are departing. I'm not saying the change is good or bad, just interesting. I guess we won't know til the end of next season.

5. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    Yeah im wondering who steps up as the leader on the defense. We have a bunch of great players on d but i dont see farriors replacement in that area. The only one i could see is woodley but he seems more of a joker then a leader. Back to the allen thing last year was only his sixth year playing football so im actually expecting big things from him this year after a year of nfl under his belt.

6. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I'm wondering the same thing. I know Clark is on the tail end of his career but the way he has been outspoken I wonder if he isn't positioning to take on some leadership responsibilities. I know people are mixed on their feelings about Timmons. I'm still one of those that think the kid will be the kind of impact player everyone hoped he will be...maybe with Farrior out it will open the door for Timmons to step up his game and become a leader. Heyward is young but I see potential leadership in that kid too. As someone else mentioned we have the Beard and he is capable of leading. Going to be interesting and I, for one, can't wait to see where it leads (I am forever the optimistic)!

7. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    It could be clark but like you said he is towards the end of the career. I like timmons and think he is very good. I just dont see him as a leader he seems reserved

8. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Yeah I think your right but I'm hoping. I look back through the years and at some of the leaders that this team has had. Hard to imagine anyone right now filling the shoes of the leaders before them and yet they do!

9. TheSteelHurtin2188

Nov 30, 2011
    Thats true i was really hoping woodley would go the porter route and talk trash get in peoples grills but he seems to just be a joker like porter. Porter is one of my all time fav steelers i loved the way he talked and the swagger he brought to the defense. Woodley could be the same . Hightiwer may have been the leader at Alabama but it would take at least three years before he could be even considered the leader.