1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Brandon Marshall

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TheSteelHurtin2188, Mar 3, 2017.

1. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    ok I never do these but this one makes sense to me. If he would give the Steelers a hometown discount I would take him in a minute. I was screaming for him when the bears let him go. He was a bit of a cancer in Chicago but once he got his head right he has been decent. Entering the red zone with a combination of Bell, Brown, BrYant, Marshall, Green, and James would be pretty hard to stop. Too much talent too much height.

2. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Sign him
    Sign everybody

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  3. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    It's like clockwork. The minute I see that a player is released I know beyond the shadow of a doubt that when I log on to this message board there will be a thread about signing the released player. I'm never disappointed. :lolol:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Isn't that a punchline to a joke?

"Sign them all.
    Let God sort it out."

5. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    If they do sign a FA, they should address the defense. I'm not worried about the offense, that's too much money to spend on one position WR. After signing AB to a contract extension, I don't see them signing another WR in FA.

6. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Another poster used to post that in these type of threads.

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. TarheelFlyer

TarheelFlyer Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Sadly, in this case the poster is correct. If you got him for the right price, he would be an awesome addition to the team from the talent perspective.

I will say this, I wonder if there are enough footballs to go around with both AB and him in the lineup.

8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I knew when I heard he was released that I would see a thread here :lolol:

OP is right, this one actually would be a good pick up but they dont have the luxury. They are either going to have to draft or rely on Bryant. I actually think Bryant is going to have a monster season, been following him in the news, looks determined to prove everyone wrong.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    I LOVE Bryant. LOVE him, but I'm worried about him. I said elsewhere I'd grab a good, vet WR if they'd come here on the cheap looking to win. I made the case for Jeffrey but Marshall is in that category. Again, if the price is right, I'd absolutely grab him.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    We could probably sign marshall for 3-4 mill a year, he said he is looking for a team that can get to a superbowl.

The Jets are going into full rebuild mode, they have a list of starting players they have released and the cap space saved, they even let their starting LT clady go along with all pro center nick mangold:

WR Brandon Marshall: $7.5 million

LT Ryan Clady: $10 million

RT Breno Giacomini: $4.5 million

K Nick Folk: $3 million

ILB Erin Henderson: $2.57 million

C Nick Mangold: $9.075 million

CB Darrelle Revis: $9.3 million (at least)

Total cap space cleared: $45.945 million

11. SanDiegoSteel

SanDiegoSteel Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    Marshall is from Pittsburgh. IF he will sign for 4-5 mil then I dont see any harm in signing him, especially since it keeps him away from the ravens. AB, Marshall, Bryant, Rogers, Ayers, DHB. Not bad.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    Yeah sign him to a 2 year deal, he is that big physical receiver we really need..........

13. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    With a healthy Coates and determined Bryant we should go from 24ppg to 40ppg easy.

14. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Sign him to an AB like deal too

15. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    We dont really know if Bryant is going to be the same guy he was before he rusted away over this past year, he isnt just going to step on the field and pick up where he left off, remember he did drop balls early on, and Ben had to chew him out in 2015 to get his concentration and determination back on the game, this is just my opinion so if you disagree thats fine with me...

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Yeah I would roll the dice on Bryant. Martavis as the number two WR is going to be a nightmare to game plan against. Maybe Wheaton will come back for a reasonable price..

17. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    I think Bryant could be an absolute monster but Gordon, Manziel, and the dude from Jacksonville all said and did the same exact thing. I think it makes a ton of sense to grab Marshall if you can for the right price. The truth is we don't know about Bryant or Coates for that matter. So let's just say Bryant fails a test and Coates can't get his hands right. That leaves us Brown, Rogers, DHB, Ayers, and Hamilton. Sorry but this didn't work last year what makes you think it's going to work this year. Teams are going to bracket brown sit a guy in the middle of the field and make the rest beat them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Rambro

Rambro Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    He was a serious game changer in 14&15. He has gained strength as well. Good luck to DB's who try to get physical with him, it's going to be tough.

19. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Marshall has New England or B'more written all over him.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Not interested, there's a reason Marshall has been on 4 teams he wears out his welcome. You can't spend most of your cap on one side of the ball, defense wins championships. There won't be enough balls to go around if Bryant comes back.

21. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Brandon Marshall has a second job on Inside the NFL that fits best with him playing in NY (although from what I've read, even that was a strain). I'm not sure what kind of culture fit he'd be.

22. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I agree, I think the Ravens will be looking for a WR in FA and maybe a top RB in the draft even though they got Dixon last year.

23. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Why not? He'll have all of camp and preseason to get back into form.

I see players miss a year from injuries and come back and pick up where they left off. Bryant doesn't even have to contend with the injury part.

Bell only played six games in 2015 and didnt miss a beat and he was coming off a significant injury.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    I'd take him over Bryant.

25. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Are those tattoos?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  26. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    If the price would be right, would improve our red zone offense dramatically.
    AB would be pissed because there goes his targets.