1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Brandon Boykin to start this week?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by niterider, Nov 3, 2015.

1. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    If in fact the Steelers were holding him back to prevent losing a 4th round pick due to the 60% snap clause and to take that opportunity to have him learn the defense, by my math, he has passed that threshold and should be able to play every snap for the rest of the season.

The D has played 553 snaps so far for an average of 69 snaps/game. He has played 21 snaps to date. If he were to play every snap for the rest of the season, that would come out to 574 snaps out of 1,106 snaps which is 52%, well below the 60% threshold.

I think we'll find out what is really going on here soon. If he doesn't get more involved then there is something serious about his ability to play and would make this a very bad trade.

2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    There's no way that is why they held him back. It was talked about on SNR extensively and they pretty much said anybody who believes that probably believes in Bigfoot or UFO's

3. Real steel

Real steel Well-Known Member

Dec 9, 2012
    Your mean there is no Bigfoot or UFO's
    Nooooooooo

4. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Yeah. If he starts getting serious playing time for the remainder of the season, it will be hard to convince me otherwise. I don't believe in anything paranormal, either. ;+)

5. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Why waste the roster spot Coach?
    If he's healthy play him!

6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I think Tunch or Wolfe said something like he falls down a lot when he is on the field IIRC? No way a groin has kept him out this long though...

7. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    they traded him for a reason. too good to be true

8. snipit73

snipit73

Oct 23, 2011
    You mean like Dri?:hmm:

9. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He does fall down a lot...but he still needs to be out on the field

10. Thor

Thor

Mar 20, 2014
    I agree - the idea of holding him back just to ensure a 5th round price tag would be an extremely silly one by the FO. It's not as if we're fielding a strong secondary this season, and even at that Allen has been hurt most of the year, so why sit a player who could potentially be helping the team just to salvage that? There is some value in the difference between a 4th and 5th round pick, but not as much as the earlier rounds - certainly not significant enough to warrant sidelining a player this far into the season if he's markedly better than what you've already got out there.

That said, I'd argue it's thus a bad trade already. The FO gave up a provisional 5th round pick for a CB that can't crack a starting lineup of guys likely to be reserves on most NFL teams, and has amassed 1 PD and 3 tackles in 8 games. I'd rather have the pick back and Grant out there; I can't honestly see us faring worse given the time Boykin has been on the field.

This offseason's personnel moves go a long way to giving a bad score in the recent "Football IQ" thread. I fully recongnize that no team shoots 100% in these moves, but the decisions that brought Boykin, Scobee, and Vick here all inside of a month were abysmal, imo.

• Like Like x 1
  11. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Bigfoot and UFOs are far more likely than us ever getting good at situational football and proper clock management.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    No Bigfoot Glenn? really? Guess I can quit looking for him. I don't believe either them or UFO's exist but I do watch Finding Bigfoot and ancient aliens, hanger 1 area 51. All that stuff

bigfoot.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 3, 2015
  13. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    WOW
    just
    WOW
    The Ozark mountains and plateau are where they hunt BIGFOOT gobs and gobs
    and that covers most of the state of MISSOURI

HHMMMMMMMMMMMMM

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  14. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    WTH i believe in BIGFOOT and UFO'S...

• Like Like x 1
  15. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    yep
    I'd dislike like that too
    butt hey
    sisters brother marrying makes gooney fkn goo goo babies GUS.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. darcrav

Jun 16, 2012
    I'm sure Boykin not playing is TOTALLY because of draft pick reasons
    no doubt

17. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Does it really matter who starts at corner this week or the next??

I've been on this "let's see what Boykin can do" train for awhile and I'm starting to think that it really doesn't matter. For the most part, between the 20s, the CBs are going to be playing off the man with our infamous cushion and tackling the receiver after he makes the catch. If someone else started, they'd be doing the same thing. The only difference would be their tackling efficiency.

Until we get some stud CB who they can trust to actually play some man or let him take some chances, we'll continue seeing the same thing we have been for the past few years. An influx of great talent will have to get them out of their scheme comfort zone.

• Like Like x 1
  18. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I've always had a obsession with stuff like that ever since I was a kid.....love all sorts of paranormal. I don't care what anyone says some of those shows make you wonder. Ancient Aliens :thumbs_up:

19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I'm just reporting what they said on SNR. I love how Boykin has barely seen the field on defense yet he's grown to legendary status around here. I'd love to know if there's something other than performance keeping him off the field, but somehow I suspect that's exactly the case.

• Like Like x 1
  20. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    That ancient alien dude reminds me of Jeff Reed

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  21. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Don't wanna high jack the thread so this will be my last comment. you talking about the dude with the hair? Right ? I read where someone said, maybe he is right after all and he is slowly being abducted. Now that's funny right there.....

22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    My wife has big feet. She's also from the part of New Mexico where the aliens landed. Hmmm.....

23. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Yep he is talking about wild hair Georgio Tsoukalos

Edit. I thought Georgio had a phd in some weird stuff. Here is his education He got a BS in Sports Information Communication. And is the publisher of the Legendary Times.

Tsoukalos is a 1998 graduate of Ithaca College in Ithaca, New York, with a bachelor's degree in sports information and communication.[3] For several years in the early 2000s, before he made ancient astronaut research his primary career, he served as a bodybuildingpromoter in IFBB sanctioned contests, including Mr. Olympia. He is fluent in English, Greek,German, French, and Italian.[2]

Last edited: Nov 4, 2015
  24. HawkeyeJames

HawkeyeJames Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Boykin according to reports is playing at a Deion Sanders type level in practice but because he doesn't wear the correct clothes to practice he doesn't play... While I am curious about Boykin and what truly is going on it isn't like we have Deion Sanders and Tomlin isn't playing him...

25. GB_Steel

GB_Steel Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    Well I guess every year we as a fan base need our team whipping boy(s) and this year it's the starting CB's. And we just happen to have someone new with a supposed high reputation sitting on the bench waiting to save us.

I know Blake gets a lot of shots fired his way around the worldwide web, but something tells me that if we replaced him with Boykin guys like AJ Green, Julian Edelman, and Steve Smith would still post solid stats against us. It's what they do.