1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Brandon Aiyuk

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Quadrupleyoi, Mar 20, 2024.

1. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Aiyuk is great but I am not a fan of giving premium picks for a player and then having to give them a monster deal, it rarely works for the acquiring team. No way should they give up a first for him, a second might make sense as they do appear to be looking to win now and a player like Aiyuk is safer than a rookie

Try to pick up a vet in a smaller trade and draft WR in Rd 2 or 3

Last edited: Mar 21, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Steelpens65

Steelpens65 Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2021
    I like you, no homo. I also like mustard. Mmhmm and french fried taters mmhmm

3. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Horseradish mustard, Stone Ground mustard and regular yellow mustard are awesome. Spicy mustards are where it's at.

Can't stand sweet mustards, like Honey Dijon. Sucks....weak-ass sh!t, might as well be mayonnaise. Mayo is terrible.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    No means no!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    LOL… Carl whats wrong with the lawnmower? Mmhmm aint got no gas mmhmm

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. Steelpens65

Nov 28, 2021
    Dude the first time i watched Slingblade it took me half a movie to realize that was Billy Bob Thorton… awesome movie

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  8. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Don't go where them huskies go
    And don't you eat that yellow snow

• Like Like x 1
  9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Zappa?

• Winner Winner x 2
  10. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    You got it. Nanook Rubs it

11. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Its kind of looking that way. Would love to have Tyler Boyd but he wants more money than the Steelers are willing to pay. At least thats what I Kaboly has said.

12. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I agree. Draft wont cut it . We have three wrs at this point. Austin, Jefferson and Pickens. Austin to me is unknown.. Jefferson is ok but not a great signing and Pickens is good.. There are lot of unknowns at this point. Do we want to risk going to the draft for someone who needs to be a quality #1 or #2. We need to get a good vet as you point out. I would like to see Boyd or Terry McLaurin . 49ers are going to want too much for Ayiuk.

13. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Boyd apparently wants too much money and McLaurin likely is not available.

14. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Read same about boyd. Somebody will pay him just not the Steelers. They may be holding out to see the interest with other teams

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Signing Boyd might be nice but not a necessity

Just like other FA if they want him they will wait and see if his price fits their price

Sometimes that works sometimes another team will pay higher sometimes the player winds up washing cars

• Like Like x 1
  16. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Is anybody else a bit ‘meh’ about Boyd?

He has had a good career and is a good reliable possession receiver but he will be 30 during the season and has almost certainly played his best football.

He was the #3 in Cincinnati (in a very good WR room admittedly) and that is probably his level now. Don’t get me wrong I would like him on the steelers but only if he is a relative bargain.

• Agree Agree x 5
  17. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Here is one to get killed for

package Aiyuk and MLB Dre Greenlaw
    for Alex Highsmith and a 3rd round pick next year (when we are better and the pick is later).

Find a pass rusher in free agency or draft one and get his recent contract off the books. I was hoping for him to be much more last year. I personally have no reason to think Highsmith will get any better than he is and I think his contract is too rich for the production. He’s good, don’t get me wrong, but he’s very replaceable. He seems to be in the right place and opportunistic and reliable, but g he e doesn’t push the needle much.

18. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    C, RT, WR first 3 rounds.

• Like Like x 2
  19. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Greenlaw is coming off of an Achilles injury in the Super Bowl, no team is trading for him can't pass a physical.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  20. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Yeah, too much money. You have to look ahead to when Pickins need to get paid too. Having two high paid is tough. You get one through the draft on Rookie contract and you’re golden.

21. oldschool

Oct 19, 2011
    Is it just me or does anyone else think Aiyuk is not really in the catagory of WR who should command a 1st never mind that or anything more. Plus a huge contract.

The dude is really good, but a 3rd rounder seems reasonable and around upper 3rd of WR wages. But not near top dollar.

Or am I wrong?

• Agree Agree x 2
  22. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The entire reason the 49ers might trade Aiyuk is to avoid paying him big money so taking on Highsmith's contract doesn't make sense.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Given that the Titans just got Sneed for a third-round pick and elite corners are harder to find than quality receivers, you may be right. Maybe the 49ers will hold on to him and try to make another Super Bowl run. It is after this season, or when he gets a new contract, that he becomes extremely expensive.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. oldschool

Oct 19, 2011
    Here is my GM argument against that. But I understand your point.

They are so close very close to capturing a ring based on the last two years. They took a swing last year with Chase Young and I think they showed us he also isn’t or hasn’t panned out to his expected billing. And he’s gone anyway. They obviously want a bonafide pass rusher opposite Bosa like Highsmith is for Watt. Kahn could sell him easily and say we are further away from a ring than them and need the cap room. That’s the leverage. Highsmith is a very easy sell for someone who isn’t as keyed in on him like Steelers fans are.

And because Aiyuk isn’t REALLY a top tier WR like they are supposedly trying to get for him, then I think we can wait them out. They are selling far higher than they will ultimately get unless a very weak GM takes the bait.

25. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Aiyuk was 2nd team All Pro last season (one of 7 All Pro WRs). I’d have trouble saying he’s a true Top 7 WR, but I think he’s easily Top 15.

• Informative Informative x 1