1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Brady Suspension Reinstated

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by steelersrock151, Apr 25, 2016.

1. MorrisFoster

MorrisFoster Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2014
    Yes the Patriots cheated and it made the NFL look bad in the public view... so they lost another first round pick and Brady will be suspended.

The Patriots have rightfully been the most penalized team in the NFL and yet there is still talk of a Kraft/Goodell conspiracy.

Belichick is the most fined coach in NFL history, the Patriots have lost 2 first round picks etc. I'd say that is fair.

2. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    If you factor in their repeated attempts to cheat, I think they got off too easily. Belicheat is a micro manager. There isn't anything happening on that team that he doesn't know about. So with that said, he needs to be suspended 4 games as well. With Brady. This is how you let Belicheat know that the NFL has to hold him accountable for his teams actions.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Guest

Guest Guest

Minor league team announces Keep Brady Suspended Night

Well, that didn’t take long.

Just a day after the Pawtucket Red Sox announced plans for Free Brady Friday, the Buffalo Bisons have decided to hold a Keep Brady Suspended Night.

The team is celebrating Tom Brady’s four-game suspension with a few special features at the game on June 11. (Yes, that’s one day after Pawtucket’s promotion.)

• If your name is Tom or Brady, you won’t be allowed to watch the first four innings. They will let you in the ballpark, though, so it’s up to the honor system.
    • Fans who bring a properly inflated football to donate to local youth programs will receive buy-one-get-one-free tickets.
    • Fans are encouraged to bring un-destroyed cell phones to donate to charity.
    • The scoreboard will feature videos of “some of sports’ greatest cheaters” and a special tribute to Bill Belichick.
    • Because Brady’s footballs weren’t inflated to 12.5 psi, the Bison are offering a 12.5% discount at the team store.
    I’m glad to see there’s no love lost between these AFC East rival cities.

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/201...brady-suspended-night-promotion?xid=si_social

:lolol: :thumbs up:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
  5. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    That is hilarious. :lolol:

6. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
  7. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Looks like I have a new favourite minor league baseball team...

8. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    And then Ben Affleck pulls a drunken Mel Gibson in defense of his good buddy but demonstrates that he is a complete tool that doesn't understand the whole story beyond that they took Brady phone.

9. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Go Bisons, keep talking something may happen?

10. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
    lump Marky mark and matty demon into that bunch too

11. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Not to mention "Ted"

12. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
  13. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Anyone that cheers the Brady suspension clearly isn't interested in the integrity of the NFL. Brady may or may not have cheated, unfortunately we'll never know (unless Brady sues for defamation, then hopefully all the facts will come out), because the NFL and that joke of an investigation didn't determine a damn thing. It was a complete hoax from the beginning and only within the last several months did more facts start coming out. Most importantly, the NFLPA's lawyers didn't represent Brady's interest, they took the opportunity to try to wrestle power away from Goodell, and they failed. The NFLPA likely would have won that case had they taken the approach of going after the fairness of the investigation, rather than whether the arbitrator (Goodell) had the jurisdiction/authority to do what he did. The US federal court has made it clear that arbitrators rulings are to be upheld, unless there is bias and unfairness in the ruling (see the Misco Supreme Court case).

The NFL misled the general public and continues to do so. Most people still believe all the balls were underdeflated, which isn't true at all. The NFL lied repeatedly, and they received to disclose a lot of facts of the case (citing client-lawyer privilege).

Here is a short video I found of Robert Blecker discussing a few things. This video is from after Brady's suspension was overturned but before it was reinstated. He's recently done another interview on Moving the Chains with Pat Kirwan and Jim Miller and he went into far more depth than this video shows. Unfortunately I can't find that interview anywhere online

http://offthemonstersports.com/2015...y-ny-professor-on-deflate-gate-is-incredible/

Listen, I get that everyone on here hates Brady and the Pats, but this isn't about hatred or spygate. This is about a commissioner acting as judge, jury and executioner, but in doing so, he's using lies, deception, pseudo-science and benefited due to the NFLPA's lawyers having their own agenda instead of even attempting to defend Brady properly, which should have been their mandate. This is far bigger than a player possibly deflating balls, this is about a crooked commissioner suspending players without evidence to support such a suspension. It's borderline criminal and I want to see a defamation lawsuit filed so all the facts come out.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2016
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
  14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Brady lied, cheated, disposed of evidence and basically flipped the NFL the bird. For him to walk without a suspension would have hurt the integrity of the game.

I for one cheer the suspension.

• Agree Agree x 3
  15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    For those of you who also wear aluminum foil hats and like a good conspiracy, Brady had to decline attempting to take this to the Supreme Court because he said he was a friend of Trump.

16. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    There's actually plenty of proof he didn't do what the league alleges and the league tried to cover that information up. Nothing is more egregious than that, nothing!

17. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yup. This isn't a court of law where you need to prove beyond reasonable doubt. Its so clear that Brady was ordering those footballs to be below league minimum it's ridiculous. People always destroy evidence when they are innocent.

Integrity of the game? Yes, I care, I care that teams win without cheating. Brady was smug and arrogant and thought he was bigger than the game. Guess what, he's not.

Yes, I'm cheering Bradys suspension, long overdue. Also glad that cheating organization lost draft picks :applaud:

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    And I've been accused of wearing an aluminum foil hat....

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    CryBrady could have save a bundle in legal fees if he'd just manned up in the first place!

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012
  21. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    So brady gets a 4 game suspension for his cover up in an investigation, and Ben received a 6 game suspension for violating the NFL's personal conduct policy, I still cant figure out how he violated the conduct policy if he wasn't charged with any crimes, and even though his suspension was reduced to 4 games he lost 2 million in pay and had to take classes for behavioral evaluation. So Brady always the sneak finagled his new contract to keep his lost wages to 235 K, He will be docked a percentage of his $1 million base salary equivalent to the four games he is missing over the 16-game NFL season, about $235,294. Brady’s recently restructured deal saves him about $2 million during the suspension. So Brady gets charged with a cover up, and Ben was charged with nothing, so who got the shaft???

22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Yeah, I heard about that with Bradys contract, pissed me off for a moment at first but then realized he's far more upset about losing the case and missing games. The contract is just a middle finger to Goodell. Who cares. He got whats coming to him.