1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bradshaw in news again; Supports the saints

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SanDiegoSteel, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    Not a fan of this guy. So some fans mistreated him? Move on. It wasn't everyone. He definitely holds a grudge.

2. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Who cares what he says. I don't care. He was a big part of the dynasty in the 70's that gave us spoiled fans 4 Super Bowl championships as a part of bragging rights to this day. And for those youngins who never saw him play, there's a thing called the intranet. They just invented it...

3. funkysteelersfan

funkysteelersfan Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2011
    I think his grudge wasn't about fan treatment but rather about the way he felt he was treated by coaches and management

4. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Sorry, didn't mean to inject humor.

5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I love Bradshaw. Was one of my favorite players growing up.
    His comments are out of line IMO. I understand his connection with the Saints, but not having loyalty to the team that made him and the fans that have loved and supported him is disrespectful. He could have just apologized about the cheerleader comments and moved on and all probably would have been forgotten.
    Just because saying stupid stuff is "his thing" doesn't mean it has to be "my thing".

6. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    It was an awkward split but he made it up with them.

http://www.realclearsports.com/lists/ugliest_breakups/joe_montana_49ers.html?state=stop

I think he stayed pretty professional about the whole thing. Kind of "what's done is done".

At the time I didn't like Montana but for the life of me can't remember why. Looking back, he would probably be the best ever QB in my view.

7. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Fox should give him a piss test every week
    Just my $0.02

8. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Ditto what you say Glenn. Bradshaw got famous in Pittsburgh. When he left he started that thing with Chuck Noll
    You school folks feed them then they bite your hand. Just remember this. "A turd is a turd, no matter what the CAT man or politicians tell you, it is entirely impossible to pick one up by the clean end" Sergeant Major Eddie ***** to me Sergeant Major R. **** at Drill Instructor school 1979. Parris Island.

9. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Yeah and Cowher loves this team to this day. You can hear his bias week to week lol

10. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Yup. In others he did not have to be a dick about it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i remember people cheering when tb got hurt back in the day. that was wrong and yes he's held that grudge about it. the next week the same fans would cheer him on as the greatest ever. this is not exactly the same ownership that terry came up through on this team with. many younger fans know it still as the rooneys but times and faces and business has changed since then. :cool:

12. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012

He was diagnosed with clinical depression in 99:

By jessica D, Analyst Jul 30, 2009

Terry Bradshaw also has clinical depression. He was diagnosed in 1999.

He takes medication to properly balance the serotonin in his brain.

"When you're clinically depressed the serotonin in your brain is out of balance and probably always will be out of balance. So I take medication to get that proper balance back. I'll probably have to be on it the rest of my life."

"Depression is a physical illness," states Bradshaw. "The beauty of it is that there are medications that work. Look at me. I'm always happy-go-lucky, and people look at me and find it shocking that I could be depressed."

13. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Ha, I remember watching that game. During one of the PATs, someone in the crowd behind the goal posts held up a sign as the ball went through the uprights that said "Bradshaw SUCKS!" - TV camera cut away just as it became clear... hilarious.

14. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    The loyalty thing I couldn't care less about. Holding a grudge against someone (that is no longer with the organization, nor alive) for how they treated you 30+ years ago is just petty.

15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Do you have that many people on ignore that you have to talk to yourself, now?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  16. niterider

niterider Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2012
    Maybe this was the flip flop that really messed with him,
    [​IMG]

17. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Could not decide whether to click on Like or Agree .. lol

18. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I remember this well. Bradshaw took a lot of shots to the head and I'm sure he played with plenty of concussions. That was before they had integrated the new shock absorbent technology into the helmets. Anyway, Bradshaw gave his all to the team and the fans while he played in Pittsburgh and his all helped to bring us 4 Lombardi trophies. He helped to make this franchise what it is today, the best franchise in the NFL and all of sport. He's a big reason all of us spoiled rotten Steeler fans can brag that we have more Super Bowl championships than anyone else. That's what matters to me.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I haven't watched the Fox halftime show in a long while, mainly because I am doing other things but I started to notice a few years ago when they had Terry doing the first half highlights and scores that he was going downhill and messing up more than getting them right. Is he still their goto guy for this?

20. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Yes he still does the commentary at halftime .. He does an ok job.. I really do not see him making crazy mistakes or saying dumb things. The video about Tomlin was a bit different for me. He actually sounded like he had been drinking.

21. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I'm seeing a lot of the divide on this subject depends on if you were of significant age, teenager on, during the 70's.

22. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
  23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I would have seen this post except you're on my ignore list.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    • Agree Agree x 2
  25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1