1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bradshaw in news again; Supports the saints

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SanDiegoSteel, Jan 12, 2017.

1. SanDiegoSteel

SanDiegoSteel Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/20...rters-if-pittsburgh-loses-i-still-sleep-good/

“Listen, I’m in the business of saying things, giving opinions. I’m not going to stop because Mike Tomlin ‑‑ and I played in Pittsburgh. I’m not going to back off. I did it to Ben Roethlisberger when he got the motorcycle crash. My job is not to hide from what I say, you know. Be a little bit better. … Shouldn’t have said the cheerleader part, but life moves on.”

“There’s only one great coach in the NFL, and that’s that coach up in New England. That’s a great coach. If ‘great’ is the word that you’re looking for and I present them the trophy, I promise it will be tongue‑in‑cheek, and you’ll pick up on it: ‘Mike Tomlin, congratulations. You’re a great coach. You just won your second Super Bowl. What do you think? Are we buddies now?’ I don’t think so but, you know ‑‑ maybe I would.”

“I made it clear the Saints are my team, there’s my love interest, and everybody else is fair game if they screw up. … I pull more for people [than teams]. If Pittsburgh loses, I still sleep good.”

2. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I thought he was a cowboys fan? who is this guy lol

3. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Bradshaw flip-flops more than a politician.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    As you age you tend to lose Brain cells and your eyesight gets bad...Hell everything goes south for that matter!!! Such is the case with Bradshaw's personal views "let's pray for him" Dear baby Jesus!!! Its just Terry getting nervous and his emotions are getting the best of him because if Ben wins another Ring he will be one Shia of tying him and with the way this team is evolving the Steelers are going to be at the top of the AFC next year and get the #1 seed and go back to back. Terry's worried!!!!!! that's all folks.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2017
  5. SanDiegoSteel

SanDiegoSteel Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    I bet if the steelers end up winning the superbowl he will flip flop and say he is happy for them and always bleeds for the steelers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. 58stillers

58stillers

Nov 14, 2011
    He's in the media and gets paid to drum up controversy and ratings. Didn't Michael Irvin wear a steelers colored suit when we played Dallas?

7. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Bless his heart.......

• Like Like x 1
  8. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    I`m not surprised. Did he not get drafted from Louisiana?

He had his problems with Noll. There was the event when he said something like "you can lose with me, but you cannot win without me" to the team.

He always felt underappreciated and maybe the recent backlash has him wanting to hit back somehow.

9. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Players can have random fandoms. I was listening to Bart Scott on radio las night. He said he is a Detroit Lions fan.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Bradshaw has always been a weird dude. Winning was never enough for that guy, he was always kind of miserable and never liked Noll. I just think something is and always has been missing from his life and he's just never been able to deal with whatever it is. He seems to lash out as a result. I don't think it's just him looking for ratings or publicity, I really think he's got personal issues that he's never been able to deal with

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    Bradshaw is the only guy who won 4 superbowls and doesn't like the team he won them with.

I think the only guy Bradshaw liked was Art Rooney Sr.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. knab70

knab70 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2012
    His brain and ass became clogged since gaining all his weight and more back. He might want to ring Marie and get back on the program before he explodes.

13. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I still like Bradshaw and what he did for the Steelers. I am a little disappointed that he feels that way but he has the right to choose who to root for and to have his opinions on coaches. The starting QB is a polarizing figure even when you are on a dynasty team. Maybe he still feels some of the sting from those early years before the SBs started rolling in??

Would I love every ex-Steeler to speak glowingly about the team, sure. But in reality, some may feel differently. I'm not going to turn into a Bradshaw basher over it though. He should have apologized more genuinely for the cheerleader part though imo. That just comes off as having an axe to grind when he also said he doesn't know what the current HC does day to day.

14. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    As I said after the last statement he has seen the writing on the wall. Berman gone, Jackson gone, wouldn't be surprised if Howe and Jimmy go. TB is desperate to stat relevant and he is going shock jock in attempts to do it.

15. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    As far as I'm concerned, Bradshaw gets a pass for just about any real or perceived transgression that doesn't violate a law. He's kind of like the embarrassing uncle that farts while you're in public together, and makes you get red in the face, but you love him to death anyway.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. SteelerEmpire

SteelerEmpire Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2015
    He's the one that got it out there the team used Roids in the 70's.

True or not, the sum of his lashing's out's leads me to believe he's been out to destory a lot that's got to do with anything Steelers... "after" he left the team.

The franchise has the keep one eye open when this guy is in the room.

17. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    And to think, I saw his ass in Failure to Launch

18. darcrav

darcrav Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2012

cannonball run

19. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I agree with him on the great coach part but he's not a Steelers fan? It's officially F Bradshaw and I got his throwback jersey. I might have to retire it.

20. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    For what it's worth, he was born in Louisiana, played high school in Louisiana, played college in Louisiana. Why is it wrong or surprising that he roots for a Louisiana team?

Since the day he showed up as a rookie, anything that came out of his mouth needed to be taken with a grain of salt.

He helped us win 4 Superbowls. He's a hero in my book.

You won't see me buying his jersey. That's reserved for Lambert.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    He's dead to me.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Sounds like he is still bitter towards the fans for their treatment of him. He should remember there are a lot of fans that supported him and didn't trash him.

He was my favorite player growing up, loved that guy, liked his early days as a commentator but now he's just becoming more of an ass each time he speaks. I could do without that guy.

I'll just remember him for what he did for the Steelers as a player.

I really hope he has to hand Tomlin the SB trophy. That would be classic, cherry on top after winning #7.

23. Spencer

Spencer Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2016
    I used to think Tomlin was a good fit for our team but now, the answer is no. He has won a lot of games, never a losing season and that gets some pats on the back but look at the players he had to accomplish this. He has underachieved IMHO. Bradshaw was way over the top calling Tomlin a cheerleader. I don't even know how he came up with that one. I don't think of Tomlin as a great coach. There isn't a great coach in the current NFL. Cheaters don't count with me so Bellicheat is off the list.
    Noll, Levy, Shula, Lombardi, Landry, Walsh.. These were great coaches.

Other than bad clock management, questionable calls, not making it to the playoffs with a QB like Ben, top defenses, stepping on the field during the game what, can you say about Tomlin ? What has he shown you as a coach that makes a statement about his team ? What personality or strength did he add to the team ?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  24. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Bradshaw wears his feelings on his sleeves but he'll always be a Pittsburgh Steeler! My memories of him growing up a Steeler fan supersedes any stupid thing he can ever say for the rest of his life. He came up big in the Super Bowl when he had to EVERY.SINGLE.TIME!!! That's the TB I choose to dwell on! The one who played a huge role in putting four Lombardis in the trophy case. Everything else is just chatter.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Honesty, he was never even near the top of my favorite players. Rocky being #1 then followed by Green, Lambert, Swan, Franco , Blount. I thought then he was good but overrated. His attitude towards his team after he retired has not endeared me towards him one bit. This last comment following his disrespectful comments toward Tomlin has solidified his ranking among favorite steelers for me.

Thank you for what you did 40 yrs ago.

Cajun