1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Boyd says the Steelers Quit...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Lizard72, Sep 27, 2021.

1. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Probably because he was tired of being beat up for no reason!!!

He was a warrior workhorse all Game, at the very very end save yourself young man!!!

Cajun

2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i'm not sure too many because he is still holding the ball too long at times. he will just not throw it away to live for another play. :cool:

3. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    They didn't quit Mr. Boyd they just stink.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    Considering the ride we are most likely in store for the rest of the season, if the players are giving up 3 games into the season we could see a meltdown of epic proportions this year. Might just be what we need to get Tomlin out of here.

Regardless of what side of the fence you are on with Tomlin it is time for him to go. His legacy is that he does not field a team that is ever prepared. As the Vets have left this team from before him and he has put his stamp on this team the one thing thats for certain about his coaching style is he is a players coach. That can be a good thing at times but he takes it way to far and while i am not in the rooms behind closed doors the constant product on the field says that he does not inspire players to be accountable and to step up. To me his legacy will always be that of a coach that could Never get the best out of his players and rode the coat tails of the talented players he got and still never got the best out of even those players. So much wasted Talent over the years (and i used to Support Tomlin).

5. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Seriously I’m not so sure if it’s that they stopped trying by dropping balls because well we drop balls all the time!

They did look a bit disinterested but I wouldn’t say they gave up necessarily they are just a suck ass team

6. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I bet 3/4 of the people on this message board never witnessed the Bengals win a playoff game it last happened in 1990. 31 years ago. Some people don't even get to live that long.

Hell I'm 36 and a I was 5 when that happened. Couldn't even tie my shoes when the Bungholes last won a playoff game.

• Like Like x 1
  7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    On SNR they said he was probably covering Ben's mistake of not throwing the ball into the endzone.

8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I hate what I am hearing from Tyler Boyd, he was a straight shooter
    when he was at Pitt. I still consider him a straight shooter. It is disheartening hearing this.
    He knows how to play football and he would not say something that wasn't true. I hope the Rooney's
    make people accountable. if not we are in trouble.

9. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Najee dropped three of those passes at the end, he looked spent. Heard an interesting angle today, Najee has always played on dominant teams. He is not used to struggling to get yards on the ground and he is not used to losing. This whole experience will be new to him, there must be all sorts of unfamiliar thoughts going through his head.