1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

BOYCOTT SUPER BOWL! Ticket Prices Already Down 9%

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Jan 28, 2017.

1. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Tired of these ****ing cheaters being in the Super Bowl? Tired of them getting the calls at all times? Want the refs to reward fumbles to the correct team and not take almost 3 full quarters to call a penalty on the Cheatriots? BOYCOTT THE SUPER BOWL. SPREAD THE WORD TO FRIENDS.

I know it's hard not to watch. Go to a bar or friends house that is going to watch it but do NOT turn your TV on and contribute to this ****ery. This is the only way to speak to Goodell. All he cares about is money. I promise you if this years Super Bowl ratings do not surpass last year or tank they will not be in the Super Bowl next year.

Ticket prices already down 9%

$500-600 to go to the Super Bowl??? This would have been a home game for Steelers Nation. There's more Steelers fans living in Houston than Patriots fans that will probably attend the Super Bowl, sad. Not to mention everyone who would travel. They said Mass. only bought 13% of the tickets. Pathetic bandwagon fanbase spent all their money on clam chowder and Bradys lawyer fees. **** the Cheatriots. **** Goodell. **** the NFL.

DO NOT WATCH!!! TELL FRIENDS

Last edited: Jan 28, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Somebody needs a qualude.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Ill be watching because Im hoping to see the Falcons crush the Cheats.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    They have made it unaffordable for the AVG fan to go to. Corp/ yuppie types that
    don't give a **** about football are the ones going. Thanks NFL.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. SteelHaven

SteelHaven Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Yeah if you decide to go last minute but its not really hard for the average fan to save in advance and use the weekend as a vacation.

6. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015

I always laugh at this premise. If you make alot of $ you can't possibly like football as much as the middle class fan. What happens when you collect that inheritance you've been waiting to get your clammy hands on? Are you going to be less of a fan after you buy season tickets, show up late to your seat in the 2nd quarter, talk on your phone half the game, and then go to the SB because it's fashionable? Damn those rich guys!

Every rich guy I know that has season tickets or is willing to cough up the cash to see a SB game is pretty much a die hard football fan. The corporate seats and boxes could be filled with casual fans, there because they purchased $20million worth of chicken from Purdue or spent $10million on a marketing campaign for a beverage co. But I bet there's also some big fans of the game there also... maybe acting less drunk because the boss or customer is sitting next to them. All I know is if and when there's an obnoxious fan that's pissing everyone off, starting fights, and just being a grade A *******...he's not the guy in a suit, talking on his phone, or sitting in corporate seats. It's the great "average fan" as you call them that loves the game so much more than anyone with a season ticket possibly could.

7. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I'll watch and probably see Bellyache and Marsha win another title. I would love to see the Falcons win it all but I'm sure Bill and Tom will come thru once again. I am not going to boycott anything just because the team I root for stunk it up terribly last Sunday and didn't prepare for the game the way they should have.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I blame Steelers for not stopping the cheats on winning their 5th

9. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

There's a lot of blame to go around but mostly I blame Tomlin for that horrible defensive game plan against Brady. He's been beat by the same game plan over and over again that just once I thought he would really try a different approach instead of going with the same thing that has defeated us in the past. Sure, I could blame Butler just as much but ultimately the decision to play zone against Brady had to have been approved by Tomlin and to continue to do that just shows he is not that bright of a head coach. Honestly, I peg that game as his worst loss as a HC. I really wanted to believe he could turn the corner and finally beat the Patriots in Foxboro but he just didn't play any differently than what has become the norm. Out coached again up there.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I see where you are coming from. Problem with suits is yeah, they make a lot of money so usually pretty busy. Don't go to games but when it's a big game like playoffs when it's hyped and everyone wants to go then they want to go and drive tickets prices up kicking out real fans. Yeah, they don't start fights because they are too busy sitting around with their hands in their pockets or on their phone all game.

Just go look at old renegade videos and the crowd is going crazy packed to the gills. Not so much anymore with the price of tickets way up and the way the team is run now of days. It is what it is.

11. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Some horrible calls didn't help. Keep watching and they will keep playing in the big game.

12. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Ticket sales would be up if the Pack or Cowboys had made it. Not that much interest in the Falcons, though, I'm now a HUGE ATL fan. for the next week and a half!

• Like Like x 1
  13. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I seriously question the intelligence of anyone who truly believes Goodell tells the refs to help a certain team win games.

I'll be watching the Superbowl and hope to enjoy a good football game. I'm a fan of the game, not just a fan of the Steelers. The game is bigger than any one individual team or player. It will be a bonus to see NE lose, but I'll enjoy it either way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    NFL is a business and Goodell runs it like such. You'd be delusional to think they don't use the refs to try to impact the outcome of games in their favor.

15. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Should be a good game. Big test for Belichick to shut that offense down. He'll put another notch in his belt if he does.

16. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    We all agree horrible calls don't help... As for the second sentence, if nobody ever finds the Jack to smash these guys they will keep playing in the big game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    I'm not watching, no way no how.

18. Steelers Sideline

Steelers Sideline Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2017
    I hope the super bowl tickets go down even more

19. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    When the betting action in Vegas suddenly, unexpectedly dries up I will accept your premise. After all, I've tried to bet on Pro Wrestling when I've been in Nevada, and they won't take my action!

Until then, this sounds of sour grapes. If the Stillers had won, it was all on the up-and-up, but since the didnt sinister forces were at work.

Sinister forces were at work all right: no pressure on Brady, huge YAK, two turnovers that set NE up in Pit territory, two first-and-goals and a FG and a loss on downs to show for it. Very clever how ROg pulled all that off.

20. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Speaking on betting. I know somebody who made like 10k off the Steelers on the Chiefs game then bet like half of that on the Steelers beating the Cheatriots. So he knows his stuff. I forget exactly what he said as I don't bet myself but something along the line of the line moved a few extra points to the Patriots before game time. He told me right there that's a sign the Steelers are more then likely going to lose. Vegas rarely losses because they are in bed with Goodell who controls the refs/outcomes.

21. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  22. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Here, here let's Go Falcons beat the Cheats.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

C'mon. Not even for the commercials?:to keep order:

24. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    I'm leaning toward NOT watching. Not because my Steelers aren't in it, but because I'm just so tired of the Patriots*. The commercials are the only thing swaying me otherwise.

If (WHEN!!!) the Pats* lose, I'll watch it on NFL GamePass.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  25. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Go Dirty birds I hope the Pats get trounced.

• Agree Agree x 1