1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Boxing

Discussion in 'Other Sports Talk' started by CANTON STEEL, Oct 21, 2011.

1. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Man I wish you could get a hold of those folks at the tv station to see if they had any of your fights.

2. CANTON STEEL

CANTON STEEL Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Not a problem! I use to be a HUGE boxing fan (would still be if things were different) and my family has history in boxing so I enjoyed being able to help. :)

3. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    This is the way I feel about pro wrestling. But I'm sure I'm the ONLY person on this board that probably feels this way so that's a whole nother thread all together! LOL. It would be my dream thread to have a lot of people to talk to about classic wrestling from the mid to late 80s through the early 90s but I would probably get laughed out of town for even putting up such a thread. TTF would ban me and everyone else would just disown me. LOL.

4. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    I did hear back from them. I e-mailed the GM of the station Saturday about 5pm. Heard back from him Monday at 922am.

"Sorry,we do not have the archived material."

Got back to me really fast,dont you think? How hard do you think he looked for it? If he looked at all. Sounds like a form e-mail to me.I dont know anyone who works there, but I do know someone who does.Think I will try that route.Keep yinz posted.

Id liked to see them again too.

5. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Sweet! Put the squeeze on 'em Myron!

6. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    A history we may have heard of? Id like to hear more! You are obviously very knowledgable in the subject. Im guessing most boxing fans may have heard of your family. Please share as much as you are comfortable with.

7. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I also would like to know some inside baseball too.

8. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Looks like Canton doesnt want to pass out any "inside baseball"..... nap .....His choice!!

Would still like to hear your opinion on other boxing issues Canton!!! Please dont shut down!!

9. CANTON STEEL

Oct 17, 2011
    LOL. Been having plumbing issues to deal with at home so haven't been on here as much these past few days.

No inside baseball info, sorry, lol. Actually I don't really follow baseball anymore. Haven't for some time. Just starting to get back into basketball, which was something I was heavily into not too terribly long ago. But that was back when I was still in shape and played on a daily basis. :)

I'll talk more boxing if you'd like but honestly i've kind of fell out of the loop these past several years and i'm not sure how "up to date' i'd be. As far as old school boxing goes i'll gladly drop my 2 cents :D I absolutely love late '70's through the '80's era. And i've been a faithful fan probably up until the past 5 to 6 years. Since then i've been sort of a part time fan, lol

10. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    LOL. Been having plumbing issues to deal with at home so haven't been on here as much these past few days.

No inside baseball info, sorry, lol. Actually I don't really follow baseball anymore. Haven't for some time. Just starting to get back into basketball, which was something I was heavily into not too terribly long ago. But that was back when I was still in shape and played on a daily basis. :)

I'll talk more boxing if you'd like but honestly i've kind of fell out of the loop these past several years and i'm not sure how "up to date' i'd be. As far as old school boxing goes i'll gladly drop my 2 cents :D I absolutely love late '70's through the '80's era. And i've been a faithful fan probably up until the past 5 to 6 years. Since then i've been sort of a part time fan, lol[/quote:1hyg9am6]
    Do you have a really high fiber diet? That could be where your plumbing problem is coming from. Or maybe you're just full of it.... LOL! I think your wife should decide and let us know!

11. CANTON STEEL

Oct 17, 2011

I'll talk more boxing if you'd like but honestly i've kind of fell out of the loop these past several years and i'm not sure how "up to date' i'd be. As far as old school boxing goes i'll gladly drop my 2 cents :D I absolutely love late '70's through the '80's era. And i've been a faithful fan probably up until the past 5 to 6 years. Since then i've been sort of a part time fan, lol[/quote:5hq6s2yj]
    Do you have a really high fiber diet? That could be where your plumbing problem is coming from. Or maybe you're just full of it.... LOL! I think your wife should decide and let us know![/quote:5hq6s2yj]

LOL, I wish it were that simple. MY house has the older ceramic pipes and unfortunately i have large silver maple trees around the house and their roots wreak all sorts of havoc on those pipes. It looks like i'll be re routing them now so if you're good at digging I could certainly use the help. :hehehe:

12. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011

I'll talk more boxing if you'd like but honestly i've kind of fell out of the loop these past several years and i'm not sure how "up to date' i'd be. As far as old school boxing goes i'll gladly drop my 2 cents :D I absolutely love late '70's through the '80's era. And i've been a faithful fan probably up until the past 5 to 6 years. Since then i've been sort of a part time fan, lol[/quote:2o5vvkx4]
    Do you have a really high fiber diet? That could be where your plumbing problem is coming from. Or maybe you're just full of it.... LOL! I think your wife should decide and let us know![/quote:2o5vvkx4]

LOL, I wish it were that simple. MY house has the older ceramic pipes and unfortunately i have large silver maple trees around the house and their roots wreak all sorts of havoc on those pipes. It looks like i'll be re routing them now so if you're good at digging I could certainly use the help. :hehehe:[/quote:2o5vvkx4]
    Yep you're on your own. As it turns out I suck at digging. LOL.

13. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    Thoughts and prayers out to the Camacho family and friends.

Hector was a great fighter.Always gave 100% when he stepped through the ropes.

Enjoyed watching him.

14. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    PAC-man got KTFO. Now who fights Floyd. I'd like to see Sergio Martinez.

15. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    i like to think the pac-man KO was set up to reel in Floyd, we all know Mayrunner will only fight high profile names when they're past their prime

16. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    That KO was not set up. Pac was winning slightly (1 Pt) on all 3 cards. He just got caught (big time),it happens. Lets see a Pac vs Martinez 5 before we give Mayweather any cash.Mayweather can rot on the vine from here on out as far as I am concerned.