1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bottled up QB's or poor Receiving routs??

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by VTSteelerfan, Oct 14, 2019.

1. VTSteelerfan

VTSteelerfan Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2016
    I know most of you are wondering why they are not letting the Mason or the Duck go long? But I'm wondering why it seems like we can't get open receivers. Is it the terrible play calling or do we need a better receiver coach? Pretty sure it won't take long and our opponents will figure out a way to cover the back coming out of the backfield and then what?

2. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    I've rewatched some of the games with the knowledge of knowing the outcome and these guys have had NO separation. They're trying but it's never that easy. The guy was an asshat, but AB was a luxury. JuJu is doing a great job drawing doubles and getting other guys opportunities, but he's not AB. We need an additional guy with Juju level talent to create some separation.

3. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    We went into the game with Moncrief, Switzer and Holton as our 3rd, 4th and 5th receivers. That isn't very good. The interception that Hodges threw was an accurate pass that would hit Holton in the chest but the Charger defender took it away from him. Holton looked shocked that there was a defender around him.

4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    WR coaching is a huge difference but so is the experience of the qb throwing the ball. Juju had a TD on the first play but......

I mentioned weeks ago about our wr coach and how this was not a good choice, just a convenient one. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1