1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

BOOK IT

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by steel1031, Mar 27, 2018.

1. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I have a good buddy and classmate who works for a sports station. he sent me this and told me to book it. don't even watch the draft. he is a falcons fan and loves trying to predict their drafts. this is a pipe dream however lol

rd 1 Rashaan evans lb Alabama

rd2 Justin reid s Stanford

rd3 shaquem griffin olb ucf no way he is there in the 3rd unless people think disability will finally hurt him

rd5 john Kelly rb tenn

rd5 tarvarus McFadden cb fsu

rd7 jake wieneke wr s dak st

rd7 david bright ot Stanford

I told him I was going to post this and he said good. let people see my genius. :facepalm:

2. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    He'll strike out on the first 2 for sure :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  3. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Tell him nice try.

• Like Like x 1
  4. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Tell him don't quit his day job :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    1. Would be okay with Evans, prefer Van der whatever.

2. Many people think Reid won't get to here. He might. There are other options that work.

3. My dirty secret. A man that size that runs that fast, can tackle, pass defend, etc.... would be the ultimate queen on the chessboard. Middle backer, outside backer, strong safety. Would love this pick. Without his handicap, we'd be hoping for him in the first. Think in the third he's an incredible value.

4-7 the rest fill holes, if they drop they drop. Wouldn't pick a second safety, probably a TE or WR.

Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
  6. TheMatrixHasYou

TheMatrixHasYou Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2018

I like the first two picks, good players that fill needs.

ILB Shaquem Griffin in the 3rd? I love his speed but I think not having that left hand will really be a problem in the NFL.

Others I don't really know.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I would be all in on this draft. Unfortunately I think Evans will be gone, Reid will be gone, and Griffen will be gone.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    I actually think we will have a shot at evans. I just dont think we will take him. I love him and he can play both spots imo but i am starting to think this is like the ziggy hood draft. Going into that drsft everyone and their brother has the steelers taking him.

I think vander esch is the pick.

9. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    According to Steelers Depot, the Steelers may have serious interest in Malik Jefferson. Can you imagine if both Evans and Vander are still there and the Steelers draft Jefferson? Would remind me of when we passed on Mosley to take Shazier out of the blue.

10. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    WEAKNESSES
    Plays through a straw and is lacking in instincts. Fails to feel climbing blocks and stay ahead of the traffic in his flow. Pursuit leverage inconsistent. Runs himself out of runs fits too often. Doesn't play as fast as he can. Needs to play with better knee bend. Waits on second level rather than tilting downhill and bringing it to blockers. Passive taking on blocks. Ducks head into contact and allows blockers to swallow him. Gets pushed around more than he should. Missing aggressiveness and alpha quality. Inconsistent coming to balance as open field tackler. Slides off tackles rather than wrapping and running feet to completion. Movement in space as zone defender can be undisciplined and inefficient.
    DRAFT PROJECTION
    Round 3

11. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Malik Jefferson in the 1st? No thanks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't want to..lol I think if both of those are there, one is the pick. I also think if both are there. vander esch is the pick. I still hope they go defense. I still want harrison

13. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I will second that.

14. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Evans not running a 40 has soured many I was reading. Some are thinking he drops out of the first now. We will see.:cool:

15. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Didn't we draft Heath without him running a 40?

It's a strong LB class but I don't think he will fall out of the 1st.

16. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Just reporting what I was reading. It said he didn't jump well and not running and his workout didn't seem to leave teams feeling he was as athletic as first thought. I'll have to look around to see if I can find the article. :cool:

17. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    Possible. Could be a smokescreen. I'm sure people were disappointed he didn' run a 40. I know I was. I was disappointed he didn' play in the Senior bowl too.

But from many, he was the best LB in drills at the Combine.

18. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    All i know is when the lights are on and that defense needed a play, he was there.

• Like Like x 1
  19. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    This year. With all the talent on that team taking the load off of him. His numbers were not great by any means. Good not great. The first round is for great. Guys that have done it for more than a year. We have been through many many draft pick LBers in the Tomlin era. I'm not sold on Evans as a first round talent. Sorry, I don't see it.:cool:

20. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    I don't think you've been on the LVE train but let's not forget he is all but a 1 year starter too.

Then again, so was TJ Watt.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. steel1031

Oct 16, 2011
    All i will ask u to do is go back and look at his jr year and the few games he played as a sophmore. Then if u still have that opinion, we will agree to disagree. Dont just look at his numbers. He was a beast as a sophmore and they had to play him with some absolute studs in front of him

22. TheMatrixHasYou

TheMatrixHasYou Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2018
    Rashaan Evans stats are fine and he played at a big time school. I only watched one game and he made a few plays, missed a few plays, but I noticed he seemed to be very slow. Then I found out he was supposedly playing with a groin injury so that explains why he was slow unless there really wasn't a groin injury, I don't know for sure but I don't trust colleges, they will lie through their teeth to protect players. 80% of the time the published measurements of college players is incorrect.

Evans also refused to play the Senior Bowl, so, that makes me wonder if he likes football.

And he didn't run at the combine or his pro day. So, what is he hiding?

NFL Draft Countdown has ILB Evans as a 4.75 guy. I suspect he might really run a 4.85.

23. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    I read that too, mac. People worried about the groin injuries because he didn't jump well and won't run.

24. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

What makes his case even worse is that he performed position drills in addition to posting his three cone and explosive results; unusual to say the least.

Within the same vein though, as Mac stated, who knows how this draft will go? Maybe Rashaan falls to us. Maybe he does not.

25. SteelCity_NB

Oct 23, 2011
    4.85 eh?

Josey Jewell ran 4.82.

Put the tape on of the 2, and you tell me Josey Jewell plays faster than Evans.