1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bmac not starting helps Steelers - Brady can't pick on him

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by edog55, Oct 29, 2011.

1. edog55

edog55 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Since Bmac will not be on the field playing 10 yards off the receivers, Brady will not be able to complete those short passes in front of him like he has in the pass. I am so glad that Bmac is not out there. That is one reason why the Steelers pass defense is much better this year. I got so sick and tired week after week seeing the opposing QB's completing passes in front of Bmac. This give me some confidence that this time the Steelers can beat the Pats. The fact that our offense can score some points give us a great chance, not to mention that its a home game. The fans should be fired up which should give us some extra motivation.

Perhaps Cornell Lake has made the Steelers secondary better. Gay and Lewis are playing better. I hope it continues. Tomorrow's game will tell us a lot about our team. After the Steelers victory what a great day it will be, then bring on the RATBIRDS for revenge. Pay back time, we owe them big time. It won't take much for the Steelers to get up for the RATBIRD game.

2. Jim90

Jim90 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Re: Bmac not starting helps Steelers - Brady can't pick on h

there really is a god, I haven't been hearing much on Lewis which could be a good thing, he's doing his job!!

3. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Re: Bmac not starting helps Steelers - Brady can't pick on h

Last year Brady threw three touchdowns to Gronkowski, each of them with William Gay in man coverage. That's who he likes to pick on, along with all the other quarterbacks around.

Also, McFadden is one guy I don't have a problem with playing so far off the ball. It helps him not to get beat deep, and QBs who throw that quick screen get nothing on him. He closes fast on those and is a phenomenal tackler. Slants and other routes are another story though.

Agree that they're playing better though, and Lake probably has something to do with it. But Gay and Lewis playing the best ball of their career doesn't even necessarily mean they are playing well. And they haven't seen much challenge yet. The jury is still out on those guys for me until Sunday night, and I wouldn't mind keeping them on a short leash if Brady starts picking on one of them regularly.