1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Blue

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by mac daddyo, Mar 24, 2018.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I saw the Steelers were showing some interest in Alfred blue. No signing was imminent but some interest. Thoughts?:cool:

2. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I saw the same rumors. I hope they are false. I can not think of one good thing to say about Alfred Blue. He dosent hit the hole fast enough. He is not elusive. Just a garbage bottom of the roster running back. If your looking for a sub 4.0 ypc running back to have on your roster for no reason, we already have Fitz Toussaint. I'm not sure why you need two underskilled running backs. Draft an upside running back in the middle rounds and be done with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Agreed...Alfred Blue only ran for 108 yards on our ****ty D...Any "good" back would have had at least 200

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’m going to take this as a “no”.

5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Draft a RB in the 5th rd, Ballage, Penny, Freeman.

6. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    I think ballage moved up the draft scale after his combine performance he could go in the 3rd or 4th round now..........

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah he probably did, it's going to suck not having a 4th rd pick this year.

8. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    They have two 5s and two 7s, so they could trade a 5 and a 7 to get into the 4th round if there is a pick there they want but it may not be worth it and teams might want both 5s to trade their 4..............

9. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Wow just wow the hate. FYI, FT has been over 4YPC the last two years. His only sub 4.0 was his rookie year. He had 97 yds. Rushing against a good Denver defense that year though in the playoffs and added 69 yds. in receptions that game. Not sure why you hate him so bad. He is a 3rd RB not our starter.:cool:

10. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Rereading that I guess it was a bit harsh. Hate isn't so much toward those players but the fact that every FA we seem interested in can be found shopping at the Dollar Tree. Neither Alfred Blue nor Fitz Toussaint are very good. I am not sure either will be on an NFL roster this season.

11. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    I'm pretty sure we will draft one at some point. If not plenty of UDFAs should be in camp. When your draft pick from last year goes down like Conner, you are still paying him 776,000 this season. You are also paying your starter 14.5 million dollars. Your FB is making around 1.8 mil. a year. That's about 17 mil. dollars to one position and only one of those guys will most likely be in camp healthy. Do you see the reasoning behind the dollar store signings? We will actually have one RB healthy that actually carries the ball and knows the offense enough for our new OC to add to what these guys already know of it.:cool:

12. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I am with you on all 3 of them names I have posted over and over them same 3 guys as ones I am looking at however I think both Ballage and Penny have moved well into the 3rd round and I am not sure where Freeman will fall but I am pretty sure we will not get him in the 5th. Another name that has perked my interest is Jordan Chunn I have read some on him but haven't seen much on him yet but he is another guy who would fit our 5/6 round option.

I know this isn't popular but I have said before if there is a QB there at 28 like Rudolph or Jackson maybe a team wants to trade up to get him and we gain some picks. I just don't want to trade back to far, I feel like the Clowns(if they don't pick one with their 2 first rounders) or the Giants could be teams that may want to make the move up. I know we don't trade back but it is just a thought cause like last year I feel rounds 2-4 are full of talent. jmo

13. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    We could use a vet RB, so, whatever. Blue is similar to a few others out there.

14. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    Why is it this team has such a difficult time understanding the value of adding players with potential upsides? Why do they insist on keeping players like Croissant and Redman is beyond me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You weren't around then,but there is a guy here that went all nuts and predicted Redman would have a 5.0 YPC average.

16. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    I suppose he left with his tail between his legs? :lolol:

17. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    If they need a camp body just re-sign Ridley :shrug:

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Nope he's still here.

19. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    They could bring in Green, Red or Yellow. Theirs a rumor that Orange might be the best...

20. Diamond

May 26, 2012
  21. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
  22. Diamond

May 26, 2012
    And maybe even an end to Bell, if they take a back high in the draft they could just drop the tag on bell or try to trade him in the draft for a first round draft pick to get his replacement, they are not happy with him promising to skip camp again this year.....

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...otential-first-round-leveon-bell-replacement/

23. DSteelerCT

DSteelerCT Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2011
    I don't think the Steelers can trade Bell, unless they do one of those NBA sign and deal trades. However, that's much easier in the NBA as they have those structured salaries. Plus Bell is trying to set a new bar for RB.

24. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Well if we draft a back high then yeah bye bye Bell which is what they should have done last year unless this was their plan all along. As for trading him no chance you can't trade him till he signs the tag and he won't sign that tag till camp. Also nobody is going to trade for a guy who is going to hold out so the trade thing is off the table. Nobody is happy that Bell is skipping camp but I think the Steelers know they are not going to offer much more than they already have and they need to move on. Let's not forget the Steelers have said over and over they want Bell long term so I don't think the Steelers are as mad as what you think they are. This is more about $ and how much the steelers are willing to pay or not over pay.

25. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Even if they draft a RB high, there really is no reason to pull Bells tag. There wont be any big FA left to sign, so having all that money wont matter at that point. You'll only be weakening your chances for a SB.

Theres almost no chance they pull Bells tag.

• Agree Agree x 1