1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

BLOW OUT???

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by slickster10, Nov 4, 2011.

1. slickster10

slickster10

Oct 23, 2011
    Anyone that thinks this game will be a blow out is krazyyyyyy! :wizard: This game will have alot of fines,fights and ejections.

2. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I don't remember if he used the exact term "blow out," but Greeny basically predicted one this morning on Mike & Mike, stating that he believes the Steelers will dominate the Ravens.

It's kind of a joke on Mike & Mike that Greeny always curses teams to lose by picking them to win, so we'll see what happens ;)

3. mdbates2

mdbates2 Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Disagree on the ejections part. If you look at this rivalry - the players have typically kept it within the rules. The hitting is hard and there are skirmishes here and there, but surprisingly, the games have been pretty clean.

That being said, I don't see any way that this game is a blowout. The Steelers will NOT be dominated twice in one year by the same team and the Ravens defense is too good to get blown out. The only way this becomes a blowout is if the offense plays ball-control, clock-control football and is successful. If, for some reason, the offense is able to succeed at producing long drives that end in TD's, the Steelers could rout the Ratbirds because I think the Steeler D will handle Flake-O and the offense this time.

My prediction will be a low-scoring, hard-fought game with the defense (for either team) making the decisive plays. That may mean a turnover deep that gives the offense a short field, or just plain scoring points on defense.

4. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Everyone always says that because it's hard fought that it's going to be low scoring, as if they are automatically connected. They are always in fact hard fought but, rarely low scoring. I think a couple deep balls to Wallace could make this a blow out. Not that I think it will be but who's to say it won't be. I think there will be lots of scoring...

5. SteelerD

SteelerD Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2011
    I would say that in the unlikely event that the game is a blow out, the score will favor the Steelers this time. If Tomlin and Co. take a two score lead and the Ravens have to go to the pass to catch up, the score could get out of hand pretty quick. I expect to see a close, hard fought win by the Black and Gold. :herewego: :herewego:

6. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    he thinks the Steelers are still mad that the Ravens ran up the score in the 1st game this year. im pretty sure the Steelers know they were out played in every aspect of that game and deserved to get blown out.
    that game was a fluke. these games between these 2 are pretty much always close and come down to the last few minutes of the game.
    i will say this though. if the Steelers play defense like they did against the Pats and Ben and the offense play like they did in that game, than the Steelers could hang 30 plus on the Ravens.

7. oldschool

oldschool Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I just wish we had a running weapon like Rice. I don't think they are better anywhere and I think we match up well, but this guy Rice is the x factor that scares me. I know we have a deep and talented backfield and if the Steelers find the right formula for them we could have a fearful running attack to match our receivers. Why can't we have BOTH...EVER...?

Is asking for our 2007 defense coupled with the greatest show on turf to much to ask for?

Maybe... I'll be happy with maximized potential of this years squad any sunday. Hopefully they start with it this week.

8. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm actually surprised they are letting us play this game at home in primetime after all the crying they did. My gut tells me when the dust settles Sunday nite , they'll be crying again. With all the injuries to our LBcorp our guys need to realize they don't need to be better than the guy they're replacing , they just need to be better than the man lined up in front of them. Go Steelers

9. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I think this game will come down to coaching even more so than the players. I'm not one to "usually" say something like that but I have a feeling the game will go to the staff that is willing to lay it out there and adjust to the game. Just my cent...too broke to have two cents.

10. mstng1863

mstng1863 Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    I don't care by how much we beat them, I just want to beat them! I was at the first game and it was worse in person than on TV! Let's get payback!

11. HawkeyeJames

HawkeyeJames Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    It comes down to gameplan and execution. If we execute our gameplan and can dictate to the Ravens and not get behind the chains I am fairly comfortable that Pittsburgh wins. Ben needs to get rid of the ball quickly and turn Suggs into a non factor by forcing him to either cover or not get close because the ball is out. If we face 2nd and 3rd and long all night it will be as ugly as the first game.

Steelers win but I doubt it is a blow out.

12. dkblue

dkblue Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    If they protect Ben it will be a blow out. He has to avoid turnovers and especially tipped passes.

13. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Nope. Stillers will hit them in the mouth as pay back and come Monday morning we will have that glow about us such as we had last Monday lol

14. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I feel your pain. Last year I drove 12 hours to see us get defeated at Heinz against the turds..

Bman

15. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    I dont see a blow out. 4 point game. However if M.T. gets a chance to run it up do you think he will?

I think he might. We were out played and out coached that first game.J.H. just poured it on and I dont think that set well with M.T.

That said Im sure M.T. knows if you dont want to get blown out stop them. And we didnt. Might want to send same message back.

16. WWW

WWW Writing Team

Oct 24, 2011
    No. He's a classy guy.
    If they give us a shot with their safeties close to the line, Ben will try to hit Wallace to ice the game (like vs Tenn), buy don't think they'll try to run up tue score.

17. Myronwemissyinz

Myronwemissyinz

Oct 17, 2011
    You are 100% correct WWW..M.T. has a ton of class.As does the entire STEELERS org!

I dont like teams who run it up.BUT...You kicked me once when I was down. Now lets see how you like it.I know that brings us down to their level.Sometimes a point needs to be made.Right or wrong if I was in M.T.'s shoes I might do it...Im a eye for a eye guy.JMO.

If M.T. has a chance to do it and decides not to I respect his decision.

18. BLACKnGOLDsince72

BLACKnGOLDsince72 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Only way this game is a blowout for either team is if the QB decides to turn the ball over 5 TIMES like Ben did in the 1st meeting. Let's hope Flacco leads in that category this time around :herewego:

19. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I really think it was overkill and quite obvious they had that mentality the first time. The fake extra point was totally unnecessary and if that's me I save that for when I might really need it, like in the Play-Offs. That said they gameplanned for that game all off-season and executed it well. There are no surprises now.