1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Blame? Random Thoughts...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by WWW, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Terrible Towelie

Terrible Towelie Active Member

Oct 8, 2017

jaguars will beat the patriots next week. vikings / jaguars superbowl. im looking forward to the jaguars hitting brady about 15x their defenae is suffocating

2. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    -Onside kick just showed that Tomlin didn't even trust his defense to stop them even if he kicked it off.
    -Tomlin had no confidence in his probowl center, guard against their DTs. Reason he pitched it wide.
    -Our defense is only effective when the opponents offense is behind the sticks.
    -The defense was giving up 4-5 yards on first down. Tuitt, Hargraves and Heyward were dominated.
    -Everyone wants Ben to quarterback sneak, and it's probably the better alternative, but thrusting your franchise quarterback into the teeth of a dominate defense that was not getting pushed off the line, i would not have tried it. I would of rather did a direct snap to Bell with Rosie Nix in the lead.

3. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    we just put 42 on that suffocating d but man I hope u are right

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. xplatformjedi

xplatformjedi Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2015
    Too much to lay on the feet of Sean Spence and William Gay alone, but they shouldn't be on the roster next season.

And there have been way too many instances this season where the defense looked like three separate parts instead of one unit. Someone was ALWAYS out of position. It's happened in multiple games this year.

That's on the coaching staff.

Gotta replace Ryan's starting spot, and still have a decent backup middle linebacker on the squad that can run. I think the secondary has enough players...they just need to be coached better.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. SteelHaven

SteelHaven Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2012
    Is that what he said or she said? :lolol:

6. Hypocycloids

Hypocycloids Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Pats will win by at least two touchdowns next week and will coast to another ring. God knows, I hope I’m wrong but they were handed an easy divisional round game and now an easy championship game. Case Keenum? Don’t think so.....

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Your signature needs to be updated.

8. We need a change

We need a change Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2017
    For the love of god man, keep the church in your house. You don’t get more arrogant than the CBs for Jacksonville

• Against The Rules Against The Rules x 1
  9. lamberts lunatic

lamberts lunatic Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Just saw Brees run a sneak for a 1st down. Isn't he same age as Ben?

10. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    And half the size.

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Ha, I'm the least religious guy you'll ever meet. But I love the quote, because it rings soooo truuuee

12. bleednblackngold

bleednblackngold Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2015
    Yeah:

pro: He strikes an imposing figure on the sideline

con: It's OUR sideline

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Said the exact same thing during the middle of the regular season when this QB sneak refusal topic came up before. Can't remember the opponent but very similar circumstances and Ben never sneaked it. Watched the Saints game later on and Brees does his best Walter Payton impression...

Haley said later in the week, he doesn't want to risk an injury to Ben. Win or go home today, so I would have thought twice if I was Haley

14. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Interesting stats.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  15. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    The defense lost this game, period. In all reality, Jags vaunted defense got their tails kicked up and down the field. The Pats will play a sold game, get all the refs calls, and NE will win easily, 17+.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. sjromano

sjromano Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    This, plus our O was not clicking until we were already down 21 - that didn't help.

17. steelers5859

Oct 23, 2011
    We put up 28 points when their Defense was playing relax. If it wasn't for some remarkable individual efforts by throwing the ball down field if would of been 42-14. Our DL just manhandled.

18. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    For some reason the loss doesn't sting as much as usual maybe it's just because I feel that if our coaching was so bad this week I couldn't imagine how bad we'd be out coached next week.

19. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    Giving up 75 points in two games at home to the same team will do it!We’re we playing Joe Montana and the 49ers great offense of the 80’s?Oh,it was All Pro Blake Bortles and that unstoppable Jaguars offense!This is all on the defense despite some horrible coaching decisions and Ben getting stripped for a touchdown!We had over 500 yards total offense!Not even a question of why we lost!!!

20. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Was he ever? Certainly not since he came to Pittsburgh.

21. steelers5859

Oct 23, 2011
    Reason I hope we are the 6 seed next year.

22. steel1031

steel1031 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    what? how did we just get 28?

23. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Gilbert suffered a concussion in the first half.

The Steelers sat their starters Week 17 and they were clearly rusty today. Another week without a real game clearly made a difference. The coaches had the opportunity to try to minimize that issue and they failed to do it. Meanwhile, the Patriots played their starters and they were ready. It couldn't be more clear that it was a mistake.

The last long pass to Yeldon was inexcusable. There was nobody in the flat for some reason, but the real killer was Burns. That should have been a 10 or 15-yard gain, but Burns was out of position, allowing Yeldon to turn it into a big play down the sideline.

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Jags vaunted D my butt. Their opportunistic.

Ben 469 yards 5 tds. Ben didn’t seem phased cause he played well

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. steelers5859

Oct 23, 2011
    Well, I think the first 14 points was legit. But the other 28 was from the Jags defense backing off because they had the lead.