1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.

Blackmailing Employees? Zeke's Suspension Reinstated

Discussion in 'General NFL Talk' started by AskQuestionsLater, Oct 12, 2017 at 6:54 PM.

1. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2733145-ezekiel-elliott-suspension-block-overturned-by-judge

Keep in mind that Zeke's accuser essentially wanted to "ruin his career". Given the amount of media attention he has received in addition to the magnitude of this outcome, this leads me to this question;

Should Ezekiel Elliot ultimately not have any further legal options and has to serve his six game suspension, does this ultimately put the nail in the coffin for Goodell to "blackmail" any NFL player regardless of evidence?

2. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    The "nail in the coffin" is the cba that the players union signed off on. Without that I don't think that Zeke gets suspended.

3. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I think Zeke should be suspended regardless. I still remember Ben getting his suspension for "pattern of conduct" because no charges were filed. Elliot has had 5, not 1 or 2, but 5 repots of domestic abuse during his time at Ohio State and then after his rookie NFL season he gets in a bar fight and pulls down a woman's top. He may not be 100% guilty of domestic abuse but his pattern of conduct is one that merits a suspension just based on precedent of other players.