1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bill Cowher on the Steelers struggle and Kenny....

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelersfan43, Oct 30, 2022.

1. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Until you change the head coach, nothing will change.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 3
  2. Steelers4tim

Steelers4tim Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2022

His "boys"...LOL. Well, I'm not sure what his "boys" are seeing that I'm not? I mean, forget politics, forget loyalty, forget Steelers homerism, forget Yinzerism, etc...time to look at the big picture for just a sec.

Tomlin has set this organization back to the 1960's. The roster that HE built is a disgrace, all after the talent he himself inherited in 2007. He is NOT developing KP. He is not developing anybody. He is making the same boneheaded coaching mistakes he has always made. He is not developing and evolving his own coaching abilities, either. Dumb penalties. Dumb strategies. Dumb game-planning. Dumb coaching challenges, or not making coaching challenges at all. He employs very average, at best, assistant coaches. The assistants are hired by TOMLIN, and are HIS responsibility! Some refuse to accept this concept, all to protect Tomlin? Look at it this way...If you study your ass off to take the college entrance ACT's and get a 17 on the test, it's possible to study for 30 more years, yet still only get another 17 on the test. Tomlin is NOT going to wake up one day and become some "great" coach, either.

We lost to a POS team this year with a freaking "elf" on their field! We have became the old Bungles and the Sh!tstains, all rolled into one. He has turned us into the laughingstock of the league. We're the worst team in our State. The worst team in our Division. The worst team in our Conference. Perhaps the worst team in the entire NFL. Hell, we're so bad, we had Eagles players trying on f Halloween costumes...during the game! I had a buddy from Crafton texting me this gem after the game today....
    "Uh, the Athletic Director from Temple University called Artie II and asked if Temple could schedule the Steelers for their Homecoming game next year...." WTF is that?

Enough is enough is enough. Tomlin has turned this organization into a f CLOWN SHOW! What makes his "boys" have hope & believe everything is OK here? Man, I hate reality, but the reality is this...Mike Tomlin is an AVERAGE coach with AVERAGE ability and AVERAGE leadership...his "boys" might not be able to smell what Tomlin is shoveling, but NORMAL Steelers fans can. Time for Artie II to make a move...no, it's past time!

#firetomlin

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. BAMASteeler

BAMASteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2022
    Oh we have Bell and three pro-bowlers, well I'll be damned I did not know that.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Maybe like Mikah did for us when he showed up. JMO>

5. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    This is easy to saw as an analyst but unfortunately they can’t run the football. They would love to be able to take the ball out of Kenny's hands but it would mean three and out on virtually every possession.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Lots of passion on the board these days, especially after an L. The key for me to enjoy our games is that my expectations were adjusted some time ago in realizing we're most likely done after week 18. Therefore, a loss still pisses me off but not nearly like it would have if we were competitive to win the division or get into post season. This has also lessened by beer intake as in years past I was so engaged into the games that I consumed much more without realizing it. Those were the happy times. There is still hope this year but the hole we're in is so deep, I have to look up to see the bottom. Take next week off and get ready for the Saints. If we're going to do anything, it absolutely must start then. JMO>

7. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Cowher didn't give AF what state his team was in, he was committed to running the ball.

I think what I love about that is if you stick with it long enough you will see an improvement overtime.

It is really hard to notice this current offense improving with how scatter-brained they have been.

I think there is wisdom in simplifying and not making Kenny do all the heavy lifting.

Last edited: Oct 30, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  8. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    You would be hard pressed to put together an offense that’s simpler than what we’ve seen thus far. It is a seriously basic offense. If Pickett is struggling now we are in deep doodoo

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Cowher knows football and has been taught by some of the best.

There’s the difference.

10. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    EXACTLY what I said weeks ago… “season defining start KP against the Jets” “Tomlin decisions could ruin his development”

Looking at the schedule anybody could see this coming except the idiots making decisions.

Then the old farts want to talk about losing rookie QBs in the 70s and 80s when you got the news via a paper.

Can you name one this decade?? He gets labeled a loser like Mayfield it’s over. He wasn’t top tier talent to begin with. The margin of error here was small.

11. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    Joe Burrow went 2-7-1 in his rookie season and was light up every night until he was injured.

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Burrow also threw for 13 tds. Won a natty and heisman. Nobody was labeling him a loser after a year.

Also, I think we all agree KP will never be on Burrows level.

13. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    I'm just answering your question lol.

Also, winning a heisman doesn't mean a QB will have tons of success in the NFL (Johnny Manziel, Jamies Winston, Marcus Mariota, Baker Mayfield).

Edit: Zach Wilson was a top 5 pick? He went 3-10 his first season and had more INTs than TDs.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    A player is finished because people say he's a loser? That is dumb even by your standards.

15. paul m

paul m Member

Jan 22, 2017
    One player won't fix everything.

16. RichD

RichD Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2019
    I never thought I would miss McFarland:eek:

17. RockyBleier

RockyBleier Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2015
    I’ll take that bet

18. SuperSteelers

SuperSteelers Well-Known Member

Jan 10, 2018
    Not sure who this is directed at because apparently I'm a hall monitor too. Maybe I'm just the assistant hall monitor.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I think and hope they do. Not just players, philosophy and coordination has to be included.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    The Steelers entire offensive approach needs to change. Everything the Steelers are attempting to do defenses have learned how to take away. Frankly at this point, the Steelers are more or less playing into defenses' hands. They want us to throw it underneath and grab easy tackles. I've said it time and time again this year, the Steelers need to establish the run game. They have to. At this point Warren and Najee need to collectively have 30+ carries a game, preferably 35+. It doesn't matter to me which one gets the bulk of the carries, I prefer it to be Warren. Sprinkle in some FB traps while we're at it. Go I-formation/broken I... hey go pro set and have Warren and Najee in the backfield at the same time. This current gameplan isn't close to achieving any kind of identity. This current offensive gameplan isn't close to being "tremendous," as Canada idiotically put it. Firing Canada isn't going to change the playbook. And we don't have to change the playbook. We have to change how we game plan and what the focus is. That Dolphins game was a 1 score game; therefore, it's idiotic to only for Najee to have one carry in the third quarter. The Steelers can't run the ball because the philosophy of Canada doesn't want to run the ball. Let's become the Titans in the second half of the season and make Pickett a game manager for Christ's sake. Malik Willis is being set up to succeed because he's only throwing 10X a game. Hey, this change of philosophy may lead to the same potential record at the end of the year, but it also puts Pickett and this offense in a much better position to succeed in 23, 24 and beyond. At this point, if this offense continues to have this insane gameplan that it did the first 8 games, then we were better off just putting in Rudolph game whatever it was and redshirting Pickett.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I don't know about that. You're gonna have to clear that with the OG Glenn.

22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Doesn’t appear to be

23. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    I dreaded coming online this morning, to look at this site.
    I knew things would be pretty bad.

Bill Cowher is saying the same things I've said for some time, with much more knowledge.
    I am worried too that this team will damage the confidence of Kenny Pickett and will squander a career.
    Bill was absolutely correct.

The Run game.
    You can look around the games that played Sunday and some RB was given player of the game for a lousy 58 yards on 18 carries.
    That's the standard?
    My standard has always been somewhere in the area near 100 yards just rushing.
    The Steelers did get 82 yards out of their running backs
    But they still are expecting Kenny Pickett to throw the ball 38 times..

I would have to examine Matt Canada's offense over the bye.
    It needs a serious identity check.

Defense
    Philadelphia's weak link is the QB spot. We made him a hero.
    That secondary was confused and lost. I don't even want to map the errors I saw.
    With the exception of Fitzpatrick, the secondary is just people standing on the football field.
    In my opinion, Austin is in over his head.
    Dick Lebeau's head would explode watching this defense.

There's just a lot of bad vibes around this team right now.
    The wheels are coming off, and it is painfull to watch.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. waywardson

waywardson Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2022
    Yep totally agree, bin sayin it for weeks, also gunner gots ta go too!

25. waywardson

waywardson Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2022
    Well said bud!