1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Biggest disappointment of the year so far?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Da Stellars, Oct 10, 2019.

1. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    The line
    James Conner
    Donte Moncrief

2. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I agee but where the loss is with Munch not being here is the ability to adjust. Before Munch we had the same problem, Munch took most of the same guys and improved their play. I agree with you guys don't forget how to block but Munch was so good at fixing them. jmo

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Munch taught overall scheme for the whole OL... Munch taught each positions responsibilities and Munch taught technique to each player..... he was the man and gets all the glory for turning a good OL into a great top two OL!!!

Maybe Shaun should be fired and Flemm promoted to Head OL coach!!!

Cajun

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    OMG no, don't want Flemm near anything I like or do.........

As for Munch I believe he also fixed things when they were going bad like now. I remember AV use to get toasted but then come back out and look good, Munch in game adjustment, jmo. :thumbs_up:

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Bingo. He's a tactician, he can look at them and pinpoint any little thing they are doing wrong.

We also don't know what spin Sarrett is putting on things which could be leading to problems.

• Like Like x 1
  6. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I would say that we looked like we were playing an inferior opponent who we should have beaten easily. But there aren't any of those in the league this year.

7. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Did someone say Glemm?

8. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Munch can't fix age. although he is missed, we will have to come to grips with our interior line is aging. A lot of games played from these 3. This may be one of the top things we should start looking at come draft time for the next couple of years. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    As I mentioned earlier in the thread The point someone brought up about Munch being the run game coordinator as well as OL coach. I was watching the ND game last night and they were singing the praises of their OL coach and how he designs the blocking schemes and the run designs. ND has one of the more potent run games in CFB. Could it be we underestimated how great a effect he actually had. There’s no way Sarrett is coming right in and effectively replacing a former HC, one of the best OL coaches in the league and what Munch obviously meant to the run game.

I really hope he left for the right reasons.....

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    no question about it - Mike Tomlin. Look at the first game of the year...and the handling of personnel and Mason. Game management mistakes continue. Game planning is a joke. Who ever thinks the OC is 100% responsible for game planning is flat out 100 WRONG. The HC either decides on the game plan or at the very least endorses the plan his coordinators come up with. I suspect it's a group effort and its lead by our HC. So quit with this BS of using THE OC OR DC AS THE FALL GUYS. Bad bosses let their subordinates take the blame. Funny how Tomlin never seems to shoulder the blame for his team's performance or the play calls. Yet he's the 1 common denominator.

Obviously Ben getting hurt, JUJU, and our running game are disappointments as well. But the injury could have been handled better, we have the talent to still win. I recall 1 game all season that we didn't deserve to be on the field with the opponent and that was week 1. Every other game we could have and probably should have won.

BTW - all those Butler haters sure have got quiet all of sudden. The 1 aspect of our team that seems to be improving is defense.

• Like Like x 2
  11. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
  12. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    You were expecting something different from Tomlin this year?

Regarding Butler, they went out and got some secondary help for Joe Haden, capable help.

13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    With Mason in there the gameplan is too conservative, that's why they lost to the 49ers, they got 5 turnovers and didn't score enough points. Enough already about 1976, this ain't the Steel Curtain defense, they aren't shutting anybody out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

This.

I am thinking though. Wouldn't Derwin Gray be a good replacement for Ramon?!?! Honestly speaking, I want to say B.J. Finney but I do not know now. Finney is not getting any younger himself.

15. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    I agree the game plan with Mason was too conservative but that is on Fitchner!!!! Mason knows the playbook and is capable of executing it but Tomlin/Fitchner lives in their fears !!!!

Cajun

• Like Like x 2
  16. white_steel_wolfe

white_steel_wolfe Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Tomlin still coach

• Winner Winner x 1
  17. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    And he will continue to be thru 2021 :shrug:

• Dislike Dislike x 2
  18. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    The way fans overreact to losses .

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. white_steel_wolfe

white_steel_wolfe Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Unfortunately

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Trellaine

Trellaine Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2015
    Almost everything lol. Especially the run game and lots of catchable balls have gone incomplete.

21. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    I added the teams ego to the injury list after a couple of losses. Since then we have had a pretty decent win, so maybe that can be saved.

22. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Unleashing Hell is MIA.

23. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    There were quite a few things to choose from but much more disappointing news has come to light very recently and that’s........SDOT not being allowed to become a MOD :roflmao:.

It’s a shame really because I can totally see him being completely honest and fair. He’s done nothing here but display his dedication and stick to itiveness when it comes to this board. Just look at his boycotting record for further proof that he would make a excellent MOD :rolleyes: :lolol:#SMODFORMOD:drinks:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  24. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Injuries. Death of a wr coach. Making Sherman wr coach.:cool:

25. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

Where is the green font??? :shrug: