1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Biggest disappointment of the year so far?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Da Stellars, Oct 10, 2019.

1. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    There is a lot of disappointment this season but for me it has to be the oline. jmo

2. Brews Crew

Brews Crew Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Simple, the entire team. You win as a team and lose as a team, and the entire team disappoints me.

3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Moncrief.:cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I bet them too but only 100. I hate the Eagles with a passion but put 200 on them to win it. I did it just in case they do win it and I have to put up with their fans. At least when their in my face I can flash the $$$ I won on them.

If we want to talk about throwing money away, I bet the Pirates every year.

5. Da_Cranberry

Da_Cranberry Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2018
    By far, seeing some yinzers keep saying we are going to the playoffs when clearly we suck. Runner up, those same yinzers fighting anyone that says a bad thing about Tomlin...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Our record, bottom line.....

I fully expected this team to contend for a SB!!! At the very least a playoff berth!!!

Injury’s isn’t enough of an excuse for where we are.....

It’s all about the W’s

Cajun

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Disappointing? Their complete no show in week 1. Their fighting in practice after 5 games. I don’t know how big a deal it was but DeCastro and Foster seem pretty upset over it.
    I guess just the over all readiness seems to be lacking. A big part of me wanted to believe things were going to be different with everything they were saying in the off season. I still see the same underperforming. There are injury excuses in some areas but OL is a disappointment and that’s we’re most of our leadership is supposed to come from. Again we weren’t ready to start the season....

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. BK99

BK99 Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    I'm disappointed in the 1st game. I had hopes this would be a year in which Tomlin had a prepared team unlike most seasons under his reign. I'm sorry for the Tomlin bashing but this team comes out of camp looking like they never even had a camp. Once again a game plan for what the Steelers want to do, not on what the opposing team is going to do, that is just bad coaching from every coach. I'm also disappointed in the new OL coach, if they perform so poorly why not sit some guys, Foster and AV have looked bad in every game, they are not on the same page, that is on the coach.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Fumbles in the 4th quarter.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011

Nix is injured is he not?

11. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012

As Glenn would say, your still mathematically in it. ;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  12. LoneGranger

LoneGranger Well-Known Member

May 5, 2016
    Coaching, quality and lack of

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    This team offense in the fourth quarter for me. The defense has been exceptional when it matters but the offense has been a flat-out embarrassment. It's not reaching to say the Steelers should be AT LEAST 3-2.

14. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Disappointments....

1. Tomlin starting the season like there was no pre season. Hasn't learned anything or improved all these years, including game planning, in game adjustments, x's and o's, time managements, off the cuff decisions..
    2. Coaches thinking Sean Davis and Edmounds were going to be okay at safety.
    3. Coaches not seeing the value of Donte Spencer on special teams They cut him and our returns and special teams just stink.
    4. Coaches not seeing the value of an injured Nix and get a replacement for him.
    5. Coaches not seeing the value of needing another tight end to help McDonald at the beginning of season.
    6. Our whole offensive line getting more running lanes.
    7. Moncreif, Switzer, JuJu, Conner, Samuel, Baron
    8. Finchtner not letting Mason loose and being too conservative for the first couple of Mason's games. Using the wildcat so much while The Birds practice for it all week. Also using it deep near our endzone. Just plain overall bad play calling.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Kidding aside, it's losing Ben for the season, by a landslide for me.

With a healthy Ben and the way the defense is rounding into shape, we'd definitely be playoff bound.

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

No show week 1???????? didn't you know we played the Pats which most of the time we are a no show for...............

17. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    DeCastro & Foster should be upset with themselves.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012

This is a good point and yeah some will say look what Ben did the first couple games. I will say this, Ben is a slow starter and with the way the defense has been playing I could see this team a lot different with Ben not hurt. However Ben is hurt and the oline looks like crap and that is where my disappointment is. JMO

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    More Foster but OL as a unit yes

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Not having Ben is a excuse for not getting more W's, teams are stacking the box to stop the run, they probably wouldn't do that if Ben was the QB.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

Their ego? Wtf

22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Think there was a thread where someone posed the question, what is the biggest loss from the team, pretty sure I (and several others) answered Munch. Thats playing out now.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. NY STEELERFAN

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah losing Munch is big and when it happened I remember so many here talking like it was no big deal. That Sarrett learned from Munch and that the oline was already trained.....well I guess that wasn't true now. I do agree with 6 that without Ben don't help the run game, we need to try and get the passing game going and the run game will open as well as a result.

24. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011
    Did you watch the patsy game??? Seahawk game where Mason almost brought us back to victory ???? Ravens game if not for the fumble in OT we win?? 49ers game who didn’t stack the box!!! Where was our defense while they were scoring 24!!!

I remember 1976.... Bradshaw playing with a cast..... our record was 1-4 and our defense stepped up and shut Everybody Down and Rocky & Franco Both rushes for a 1000 yds!!!! We won the division and should have won the SB!!!

This is the ultimate team sport ..... losing Ben is NOT why we are where we are!!!

Cajun

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. cajunyankee

Oct 27, 2011

That’s stupid!!! Let me explain.... Losing Munch is not an excuse for this Probowl stacked veteran OL to be playing like they are!!! Munch built that OL to greatness and those veteran players forgot how to play the first 5 games he is gone..... No!!! Their poor play falls on them....

I’m not calling you stupid or anyone else.... just the notion that those players so quickly forgot how to play....

Losing Munch is a big deal.... but not the reason AV can’t block or DD or Pouncey or Foster... they are frustrating me, time man up and do the job you know

Cajun

Last edited: Oct 12, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1