1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Big Receivers Running Fast!!!

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Go Deep, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Go Deep

Go Deep Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Watching the combine and it seems as though there are some Big Receivers running 4.4/4.3 40 times. Floyd and Hill specifically. If they do keep Wallace what round you think would be the earliest they would consider taking a WR?

2. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    If we keep him it will be later if they lose him i could see them picking one in the first. This draft is deep in big guys but i would love floyd to be on this team

3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    If they lose Wallace and get a 1st round pick I think the Steelers will still wait till at least the second round based on the receivers already on the roster and other team needs. Now that may change if we lose both Cothery and Ward.

4. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    after watching drills...I am officially on the Hill bandwagon...6'4" can fly and jump...sign me up.

HACK

5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    i'm suprised theres not more love for streeter. i would love for him to land here. he's an untapped gem. :cool:

6. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    U ain't lyin he is the man

7. SteelerSteve

SteelerSteve Well-Known Member

Nov 2, 2011
    From the unique perspective of a Steelers fan that is also a Georgia Tech fan, I can tell you that the knock on Stephen Hill is that he often seems to make the spectacular play but then at the worst of times he fails to make the routine catch. He definitely did not reach his potential at GT due to this and being somewhat injury prone. Kind of a head scratcher! He definitely has all the tools but just never seemed to be consistent enough to take advantage of them. Could be a 4th or 5th round gem if still around but I wouldn't take the risk any earlier when the Steelers have so many other pressing needs.

8. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    It also appears that Brian Quick had a very solid day,he ran a good 4.55 and had a vertical leap of 34' inch vertical as well as a 119 inch broad jump ...As I figured the Combine would really help his stock and he is now projected to go early in round #2 .......http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/bri ... id=2532933

There is the link to his new right up......

9. noitall0605

noitall0605 Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2011

With the bold highlighted statement and the size combined the way he ran- Typical Joe Steelers fan is all over him, not seeing injury prone part or head scratcher part.... they see size and how he ran the 40- that is it. Chis Fuamatu ran over one guy in a pre season game and his jock got sniffed more than Brent Alexanders (who i picked a random guy) who had solid few years ON THE FIELD and wasnt special.

Typical Joe Steelers fan thinks a fastcar is a fast car.... no matter if it is in the garage more than normal or not consistant. They will be like Joey on Friends episode with the Porsche....