1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Big college conference championship playoffs today:

Discussion in 'College Football Talk' started by Diamond, Dec 2, 2017.

1. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    USC wins pac 12 championship game, not easy 31-28 over stanford but a big win, today with several important conference champ games scheduled the out comes will decide the final 4, can auburn beat georgia twice? Can ohio state beat 12-0 wisconsin? can TCU beat Oklahoma? Can Clemson beat Miami? It's a big day for college football and the final 4...

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Unfortunately I don't think my Dawgs will beat Auburn today. It pains me to admit it, but they look outstanding.

My best guess for the final 4 teams will be

Auburn
    Clemson
    Wisconsin
    Oklahoma

3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Clemson
    Oklahoma
    Georgia
    Alabama.

Go Clemson.

4. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    go Dawgs!

Wisconsin just had to make things interesting. Will it be Ohio State or Alabama for the final spot? My mantra all along has been win and you're in, but now that OSU won I'm not so sure. I tend to lean towards Alabama, but they've had a pretty weak schedule. just have a hard time putting a two loss team into the playoffs.

5. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Well the committee put a 2 loss team Auburn in last weeks final 4, I too have a problem putting in a 2 loss OSU team over bama a 1 loss team, strength of schedule shouldn't trump losses but the selecters will probably want to massage urban myers already inflated ego, and they will have to play clemson to get into the final two which I doubt OSU can beat the tigers in the first round....