1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Big Ben only has 2-3 years left of being in his prime

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Feb 4, 2017.

1. SanDiegoSteel

SanDiegoSteel Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2016
    I agree Ben's heart may just not be in it anymore. He probably comes back for a season or two and plays to not get hurt. Not that I blame him for wanting to be able to play with his kids but gone are the days of Ben playing with fire and running for the first down when necessary.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    If he comes back this will be his last year, and if and when he comes back it will be only to avoid paying 18 mill of his bonus back to the team...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Ben has too much heart and fire to play not to get hurt. He still tries to extend plays, you dont do that if you are trying not to get hurt.

If he is on the field, he is giving it everything he's got.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I agree, because when you start the retirement talk that means the end is very near. Barring a major injury set back Bens timing was off with his receivers, made some questionable plays in the playoffs etc etc. We need to get Bens replacement on the team now!!! The time is very near my friends!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. STEELWARRIOR

Oct 26, 2011
    Plus wifey is probably in his head telling him we got enough money to last awhile!!! or Ben I don't want to be the wife that has to push you around in a wheel chair or wipe slobber from your mouth!!! Wife's believe it or not have alot of power in a mans/athletes decision making plus he has kid's he would lIke to be able to play with and run around after and he knows his style of play may result in a major injury. Just saying!!!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2017
  6. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I would imagine he is over the media too. Like WTF was up with the SI article attacking him right before the Dolphins playoff game??

7. GoalLine

GoalLine

Oct 16, 2011
    Unless Ben was going to play in his mid 40s, I think by definition he is past his prime.

8. SanDiegoSteel

Nov 16, 2016
    yeah sometimes. Today Brady said if it was up to Giselle he would retire today but he told her too bad. Ben's wife is a physical therapist or something like that if I remember correctly. She's probably seen all the injuries firsthand and want him to stop. Instead of idolizing brady he should want to beat him, you'd never see peyton manning swap jerseys with brady.

9. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    This idea that Ben doesn't have the heart is off the mark IMO. If he really didn't care, why was he in Tomlin's office this year complaining about focus? I'm not sure Ben is in his "prime" but he is still a top 10, maybe top 5 in this league. The Steelers desperately need another WR. Bryant with a year off scares me, I just don't know what kind of game shape he is going to be in. The defense improved a lot this year but needs another piece or two. IF the defense can play well, taking the pressure off Ben, I think we will see a very different Ben.

• Like Like x 2
  10. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    hes got a couple more really productive years left. he had a decent season last year. he was also throwing to a lot of young kids. aside from AB his wrs are all kids. those young guys got a lot of experience last year and i think we will see an improved passing game next year.

the defense needs help at pass rush. put Deion Sanders and Revis out there in their prime with the Steelers pass rush and they would look average. it all starts up front. draft pass rushers or go out and sign one in FA.

11. SanDiegoSteel

Nov 16, 2016
    Agree about the WR's. Next season should be AB, Bryant, Rogers, Coates (with fixed hands), Bey, Ayers. That's a lot better.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Ben's wife, Ashley, is a physician's assistant.

• Like Like x 1
  13. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Exactly why he will not play until the bitter end..His body not good already . His Wife may convince him to give back the money ..

14. Guest

Guest Guest

That could very well be. His wife is an athlete in her own right. She played basketball, volleyball and softball in high school, and softball throughout her college years at St. Francis University.

She knows the dealio. :)

15. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    I'm afraid there is NO fixing his hands. He's got stone hands.

16. lovembig

lovembig Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2011
    i would rather see Hamilton over DHB

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    The problem is if we get them in the draft they won't make an immediate and significant contribution. I realize that Burns, Davis and Hargrave did okay but they had the rookie learning curve to contend with as well. We need a veteran in the middle of his career who won't have a learning curve and can come in and provide an immediate impact (10+ sacks, 6 ints) on defense. I'd target both an edge rusher and a corner. We need help NOW. The window, particularly as it relates to Ben, is closing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. SanDiegoSteel

Nov 16, 2016
    DHB can still stretch the field.

19. SteelerEmpire

SteelerEmpire Well-Known Member

Aug 30, 2015
    Ben is showing sings of greater "inconsistency".

I'm one of the biggest fans of Ben ever, but I'm hoping he's not already in a period of slow decline.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Ben is a little less fleet of foot, but he is still on the money throwing the ball.

He doesn't have the weapons around him he used to have: A go to TE he had a rapport with, More than one WR he can count on every time in all situations. RB who is always available.

Heath Miller was his security blanket. I really hope one emerges from the ranks or we acquire one.

21. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Man, I miss Heath. :cry:

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. rukus4ever

rukus4ever Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    Only if he's going to start catching footballs that the QB puts in his chest in the end zone.

23. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Guys who can produce like that cost $$$$$$$$$, look at the the players the Giants signed last season that's not happening with the Steelers.

24. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He just can't catch it most of the time.

25. STEELWARRIOR

Oct 26, 2011
    Get rid of the freaking ball!!!! Live to play another down.Prime example Chiefs game!! nuff said.